• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think of Trump’s bloodbath comment?

• Total voters
I

It would get old if the media stopped playing his game of manipulation. I can’t think of anyone else in my lifetime who has commanded the attention of the media the way he has. It’s by design and there’s no one better.
And then when the media reports what Trump says and does accurately, Trump and his cult call it "fake news". How ****ing convenient.

Sure, you do. Look up. Even here you're trying to make ME do YOUR homework.

If you want to accuse someone of

- trying to "imprison" opponents?

- trying to "censor" and "gulag" the "opposition"?

- trying to destroy the press?

you don't hide behind a court. You come out and name names.

But that's something you refuse to do.
Imagine pretending anyone needs a name, all while trying to feign some kind of imagined high ground ....

I

It would get old if the media stopped playing his game of manipulation. I can’t think of anyone else in my lifetime who has commanded the attention of the media the way he has. It’s by design and there’s no one better.

The people that call Trump stupid are the fools.
Most that did have come to realize he is not.

Imagine pretending anyone needs a name, all while trying to feign some kind of imagined high ground ....
Keep on ducking the issue of WHO

Because people on the right I guess feel necessary to defend wild comments like that. Words have meanings, and to some of us, saying if we don't elect him there will be a blood bath (ruthless slaughter of a great number of people) is dangerous in any context.

Or what, do you think people will go out and massacre people because Trump wasn't elected and there will be no tariffs on foreign cars? If you think that's crazy, then why keep defending a dumb comment like that?
Trump incited a coup on 1/6/21. He routinely doxxes and threatens anyone who challenges his bullshit or reports on his threats. The Trump cult wants to gaslight America and claim he's harmless or "the looney left is taking him out of context". I'm sorry, but we're smarter than that and we remember 1/6/21 and all the people whose lives he ruined who wouldn't go along with the big lie. **** the Trump cult.

Trump and the party are mutual parasites, and since he can't run for a third term he has nothing more that they want. If he egregiously exceeds the power of the office, Republicans will co-operate in removing him
No they won't and he will attempt to run a 3rd time.

Keep on ducking the issue of WHO

Sane and rational people can see exactly who is who and what is what here, but please do keep affirming ... you're doing great

Sane rational people can see exactly who is who and what is what here, but please do keep affirming ... you're doing great
I wouldn't count yourself in that group, given your refusal to specify WHO

I wouldn't count yourself in that group, given your refusal to specify WHO

Thanks, again.

Just Trump being Trump. Trump believes in violence as a tribute to his greatness. He wants his supporters to lash out and “fight like hell”. Trump doesn’t believe in democracy. Trump doesn’t understand our form of government. And Trump sees violence as the last stand at securing the Presidency, which is all he cares about. The state of the country is of little concern. He just cares about enough people sacrificing their lives for his personal glory.

His view is, if we lose, foment an insurrection, and then rewrite the history books to say we won. That is his worldview and that assertion is supported by prior actions and statements from Trump.

If you don’t like that, Trump supporters, that is too bad.
Of course it is a veild call for violence from this thug.

Everything he said shall be discounted because of some context baiting?

Nonsense.

Trump has tried to do a vioelnt coup against the greatest country, the US, before, and he will try again.

Of course it is a veild call for violence from this thug.

Everything he said shall be discounted because of some context baiting?

Nonsense.

Trump has tried to do a vioelnt coup against the greatest country, the US, before, and he will try again.
This.

Exactly.

And, because it's so obvious - trump is a thug, he's orchestrated violence in the past, his current "bloodbath" call is a harbinger of things to come - his supporters are desperate to pretend it's somehow something other than what it obviously is.

I've read trump's words. His "context" is ridiculous, as is your (and others') continuing arguments that somehow Americans will inflict a bloodbath on the auto industry or the auto industry will somehow be bloodbathed should trump not be reelected.
In addition to your rampant partisanship, apparently there's an issue with limited vocabulary:
1711812921318.png

The only sensible "interpretation" is what trump said: There "whole" country will experience a bloodbath should he lose the election.
So the only way to interpret what Trump says is by literally reading what he says and ignoring any surrounding context. How about this one:

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

He's shallow and always tells us what fear is in his pea brain.

He knows a November electoral bloodbath is coming his way, and as always it frightens a cowardly crybaby like him.

In response, several of them—in addition to Trump’s campaign and other boosters of the former president—claimed that the media was taking the “bloodbath” comment out of context: it came during a section of Trump’s speech about the state of the US auto industry, and was clearly meant, these people said, in an economic sense. Many Trump critics countered that it was fair to highlight the remark, arguing, variously, that Trump doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt given his long history of violent rhetoric, that it’s not at all clear that he was only referring to the auto industry, and that even if he was, his use of the word “bloodbath” was still hyperbolic to the point of demagoguery. Others—from the left to more Trump-skeptical precincts of the right—suggested that Trump’s use of “bloodbath” was at worst ambiguous, and that the media didn’t need to focus on it given other things he indisputably did say at the rally. “I think it’s important we start demanding the media vigorously cover the insane, anti-constitutional, violent and dictator-loving rhetoric Trump uses on a regular basis,” Sarah Longwell, a leading anti-Trump Republican, said. “But when you take things out of context you do more harm than good.”

The to-do over Trump’s remark can be seen as the latest installment in the debate (which we’ve covered often here at CJR) as to how the media ought to handle his rhetoric, given its frequent violence and dishonesty. Nearly a decade after Trump rode down the escalator, it is a debate that media outlets have still yet to resolve. Even before the Ohio rally, it reared its head again last week. Various media critics took CNBC to task for hosting a rambling phone-in interview with Trump without sufficiently pushing back on his talking points. (Watching the interview, CNN’s Oliver Darcy felt transported “to 2015, back when news outlets allowed Trump to phone in to news shows and deliver a drive-by of lies to their audiences.”) The New Yorker’s Susan B. Glasser, meanwhile, took the media as a whole to task for failing to devote sufficient coverage to a prior, equally unhinged Trump rally in Georgia, arguing that his “flood of lies and BS” is now “seen as old news from a candidate whose greatest political success has been to acclimate a large swath of the population to his ever more dangerous alternate reality.”

It's as if they realized that they were wrong and have to admit that the word was taken out of context, but still blame Trump for their actions because he's "frequently" violent and dishonest.

"Journalism review".

Just Trump being Trump. Trump believes in violence as a tribute to his greatness. He wants his supporters to lash out and “fight like hell”. Trump doesn’t believe in democracy. Trump doesn’t understand our form of government. And Trump sees violence as the last stand at securing the Presidency, which is all he cares about. The state of the country is of little concern. He just cares about enough people sacrificing their lives for his personal glory.

His view is, if we lose, foment an insurrection, and then rewrite the history books to say we won. That is his worldview and that assertion is supported by prior actions and statements from Trump.

If you don’t like that, Trump supporters, that is too bad.

Good Lord, it's a scary thought that they've gotten into your psyche this deeply, and have taken the fantasies, put them in real life....damn! Many of the posts from the left herein are reading similar to dime-store novels with all the adjectives and hype.

Four years ago was Trump's last year as president and we were in the thick of the COVID pandemic. During that time, there were shortages of numerous products, prices rising so quickly that various companies were accused of price gouging. It was horrible. But when the GOP asks you to ask yourself if you're better off now than four years ago, it expects you to remember the pre-COVID Trump years and to associate the entire COVID mess with Biden. It's a totally dishonest position.
1712719353458.png

All he was saying is that the auto workers are going to be in a lot of trouble due as a result of policy changes if he's not elected.

Back
Top Bottom