• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois (7 Viewers)

We had a bunch of errands to get done today. It went pretty well, so we stopped at the local burger place that is becoming one of my favorites. I got a cheeseburger with veggies and mayo and a small order of onion rings on the side. Kids had fries, chicken tenders, and a couple snacks that we brought in. It was a fun day.

We had fish, just for the halibut. ;) Also, pineapple coleslaw which sounded awful but I ordered it anyway. Also, lime lemon rice and water for me, I'm not a white wine drinker.

The pineapple paired well with the halibut.
I like pineapple, but with fish?? Guess I will have to try it one day.

Roast chicken with roast potatoes, gravy, and sweet corn kernels slathered in butter tonight. Simple, but damn fine anyway. Need to visit the store to top up the vege bin now that the garden is empty of anything ready to eat.

I like pineapple, but with fish?? Guess I will have to try it one day.

I know, right? I don't like pineapple and I couldn't imagine it in coleslaw and definitely not fish. It was not overpowering by any means. Not bad.

Roast chicken with roast potatoes, gravy, and sweet corn kernels slathered in butter tonight. Simple, but damn fine anyway. Need to visit the store to top up the vege bin now that the garden is empty of anything ready to eat.

Roast chicken with roast potatoes, gravy and sweet corn had to be excellent.

I know, right? I don't like pineapple and I couldn't imagine it in coleslaw and definitely not fish. It was not overpowering by any means. Not bad.

Roast chicken with roast potatoes, gravy and sweet corn had to be excellent.
Late afternoon here and the smell of roasting chicken is wafting past my nose as I do a few chores. Suddenly feeling very hungry!!! I cook a lot of different dishes with herbs and spices from a bunch of cuisine styes, but a simple roast dinner with gravy and trimmings is still a firm favorite.

Did our Cinco de Mayo dinner last night. Chicken fajitas. pork carnitas , black bean and corn salad, queso and all the regular suspect toppings.

Tonight I'm using the leftover rotisserie chicken form the other night to make chicken and sliders. Not as good as when made from scratch but it's wet and cool and they are comforting.

We had fish, just for the halibut. ;) Also, pineapple coleslaw which sounded awful but I ordered it anyway. Also, lime lemon rice and water for me, I'm not a white wine drinker.

The pineapple paired well with the halibut.
I'm not a big fish lover but I do love halibut...it's my go to fish for fish and chips.

Burgers on the grill. Almost didn’t make it tho’, I ran out of propane shortly after I flipped the burgers so I finished them in the fry pan I used to sauté the onions. We accompanied them with deli pot salad, and leftover homemade Brussels sprouts salad, sliced heirloom tomato and water. Now we’re going out for homemade ice cream at one of the dairy farms down the road.😋

Users who are viewing this thread

• Risky Thicket
Back
Top Bottom