• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois (5 Viewers)

Has anyone had the kale burgers from Aldi? It is what we had. Mr. L had his on a bun with all the fixings, mine were plain with only caramelized onions.
I don't usually like kale but I'm intrigued

As an aside, Aldi and Lidl have been saving my wallet on groceries. Even compared to walmart

Had my BFF over for a girls night. I did dim sum. My own homemade pot stickers and sui mai. Purchased Har Gow and Chinese steamed pork buns. Home made dipping sauces. Was a pain in the a$$.....but she is going through a really tough time and it made her smile.

Our late afternoons seem to revolve around high school softball games and today was no different. Early dinner of egg salad and bacon on nine grain bread. Add potato chips and a kosher dill. Dessert tonight after the game was a sliced gala apple w/crunchy peanut butter.

I tried something new, tortilla de patatas/Spanish potato omelet. It looked daunting when I watched the video (edit-Chef John's video) but it really wasn't all that bad. We had a creamy cucumber salad on the side.

Last edited:
I tired something new, tortilla de patatas/Spanish potato omelet. It looked daunting when I watched the video but it really wasn't all that bad. We had a creamy cucumber salad on the side.
Love that dish. I cut it into small squares and serve it with mixed olives, tazaki and pita chips as a tapas.

Love that dish. I cut it into small squares and serve it with mixed olives, tazaki and pita chips as a tapas.
That sounds yummy. Perhaps and onion salad and tomatoes as well. We just found a new source for olives. Thus far we tried the oil packed Moroccan. Good stuff.

Had my BFF over for a girls night. I did dim sum. My own homemade pot stickers and sui mai. Purchased Har Gow and Chinese steamed pork buns. Home made dipping sauces. Was a pain in the a$$.....but she is going through a really tough time and it made her smile.
Can I come to your next together?

View attachment 67507583
homemade pesto fettucine
not as pretty as the last photo but very tasty
Your photo is just fine. It looks yummy.
Did you know that pesto was used as ear salve?

Broiled salmon with chopped dill, with fresh lemon slices, (lemons grown in our own orchard).

Fresh broccoli with a pat of butter, and hubby and I are splitting a baked yam.

Skipping dessert today, as we're having restaurant food tomorrow and again on Sunday, Cinco de Mayo. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom