• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

currently on the stove awaiting the duke-dukes game
a pot of chili - NO beans
cold snap together with on-sale prime ground beef and italian sausage made this decision
playing with the seasonings recipe a LOT
chili powder, salt, fennel seeds, cumin, minced garlic, 72% chocolate, blackstrap molasses, ceylon cinnamon, cayenne pepper, franks red hot, sweet & spicy tabasco, texas pete
covered in san marzano tomatoes
started at noon, should be ready to eat by 5pm game time, with some homemade extra-sharp pimiento cheese
newcastle to wash things down

currently on the stove awaiting the duke-dukes game
a pot of chili - NO beans
cold snap together with on-sale prime ground beef and italian sausage made this decision
playing with the seasonings recipe a LOT
chili powder, salt, fennel seeds, cumin, minced garlic, 72% chocolate, blackstrap molasses, ceylon cinnamon, cayenne pepper, franks red hot, sweet & spicy tabasco, texas pete
covered in san marzano tomatoes
started at noon, should be ready to eat by 5pm game time, with some homemade extra-sharp pimiento cheese
newcastle to wash things down
You’re a regular gourmet you are

Kind of a pick and choose from different recipes for tonight’s beef stew. The usual beef cubes cut up smaller, carrots, onions, and peas. I added a small can of tomato sauce, beef stock, better than bouillon, Worcester, no potatoes, thyme, bay leaf and sour cream at the end over buttered noodles.

Pork schnitzel in a Marsala wine and mushroom sauce. Baked potato with sour cream and chives. Fresh picked garden salad.

Used to cook Marsala wine sauces a lot back in the 1980's when it was a bit of a trend, but stopped doing it for years because I just didn't think about it. It's absolutely delicious with pork and chicken dishes, and as simple as anything to do. Have some fresh fish after visiting the boat today, so might try a version of that sauce on some fish tomorrow. Might be too much flavor, so will tone it down a little and use more sparingly, Only about 50/50 confident on this one, but you don't know until you try. Have some lovely thick New Zealand Red Gurnard fillets from a new fishing spot I just tried, and they have a lovely sweet crab flavor that might work with the Marsala. Let's see!

I forgot about this thread,and it's been years

Dinner was crispy broiled polenta topped with grilled Haloumi cheese, sliced pear and flash fried sage wrapped in Prosciutto.

It was my first time experimenting with the flavor combo.. the Haloumi coupled with the Prosciutto ended up being a bit to salty. Next time I think I need to incorporate some maple syrup and maybe a spice element (I have to omit hot peppers for my wife's sake however, just another added layer of challenge!)

I tried my idea of a nice fish fillet with marsala wine sauce. Was ok, but not memorable. First (almost) cooking/recipe failure I've had for a while. Flavors were not as complimentary as I thought they might be. Still have some gorgeous fresh Red Gurnard fillets to eat, so back to breadcrumbed filets tonight with a home made tartare sauce. Fresh picked garden salad alongside. Nice thing about this fish is that the skin has no scales and can be eaten with the fillet for zero extra preparation. You can also quickly debone the fillet pre cooking without having to cut the bones out. The skin being on keeps an extra layer of fat on the skin side of the fillet and is extra yummy. Have decided that I will freeze down the remainder of the fish I have left after this meal as I have a hankering for some roast beef that will need to be accommodated very shorty.

Back
Top Bottom