• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

More fish for me. Catch it and cook it while still wriggling!! Finding more time to be on the boat at the moment so fish of some sort most days. Last night I was looking for inspiration and found a sachet of Pad Thai seasoning in the boat pantry. I suspect my son brought it at some point as it isn't one of my normal flavors. Anyway, boiled some spaghetti. Drained the water off and dropped some of the Pad Thai seasoning in. It's a wet mix rather than dry, so I then dropped in some finely diced onion and diced fish pieces. Added a tiny amount of tomato paste just because I did. Cooked it all in the pot until the fish was cooked through and dropped it into a bowl. Turned out extremely tasty. Probably wouldn't bother with the onion next time though as it the fish was cooked before the onion was.

Homemade ricotta and garlic sauce for the pasta, and my son said it was bland.

Grrr, he can make his own dinner from now on. :mad:

I made homemade salmon patties with a light mushroom cream sauce. A recipe of my mom's I haven't made in years. Went over big with my husband.

I like the lower fat variety cream cheese. I haven't had bagels in a while. I should probably get some.
We've been using the lower fat version for years now, we prefer it. We were getting bagels from Einstein Bagels and Costco, but lately seems the bagels are a bit thick and doughy. Been buying pre-packaged pre-sliced Lender's Bagels at Kroger supermarket, they are usually in the refrigerated section by the cream cheese, they are thinner.

We've been using the lower fat version for years now, we prefer it. We were getting bagels from Einstein Bagels and Costco, but lately seems the bagels are a bit thick and doughy. Been buying pre-packaged pre-sliced Lender's Bagels at Kroger supermarket, they are usually in the refrigerated section by the cream cheese, they are thinner.
We were big on bagels in 2020 during the COVID mess. I have kind of moved away from them since then due to the calories, but a bag of bagels sounds pretty good.

We were big on bagels in 2020 during the COVID mess. I have kind of moved away from them since then due to the calories, but a bag of bagels sounds pretty good.
I'm sure a lot of places sell them, Target, etc. Anyhoo, this is what we've been buying lately.

1711246166569.jpeg

I made a deep dish Detroit-style pizza, using a 13x5 bread pan. In a Detroit pizza, the toppings are reversed. Meat first, then the cheese and lastly the sauce. The sauce is topped with pesto.
dpizza1.png

I got a great crunchy cheese frittata. Unfortunately, it's a little thin for a deep dish. Next time I'll make more pizza dough.
dpizza2.png

I made a deep dish Detroit-style pizza, using a 13x5 bread pan. In a Detroit pizza, the toppings are reversed. Meat first, then the cheese and lastly the sauce. The sauce is topped with pesto.
View attachment 67500623

I got a great crunchy cheese frittata. Unfortunately, it's a little thin for a deep dish. Next time I'll make more pizza dough.
View attachment 67500624
Looks delicious 😋

Back
Top Bottom