• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Walker is great. I loved her on Last Tango in Halifax. She's not on the series anymore. Sinead Keene s the new DCI. Walker is now on Annika and series 2 starts some time soon.
Yeah, I watched series one. Hang on, I hope I don't get my shows mixed up but didn't she do a Moby Dick summery?

Ok, back on track. We had huevos rancheros for breakfast, so we just snacked on fruit and chips for supper.

Yeah, I watched series one. Hang on, I hope I don't get my shows mixed up but didn't she do a Moby Dick summery?

Ok, back on track. We had huevos rancheros for breakfast, so we just snacked on fruit and chips for supper.
Not sure about Moby dick. But she's great.
Your meal choices are so creative.

Looks like I'm going to have to eek by for the next couple of days with crock-potted, bar-b-q baby back pork ribs, homemade German potato salad, homemade bakebeans w/fixins, and pecan pie and butter pecan ice cream for later. *sigh*

My wife had activities tonight, so I had a vegetarian day. Tonight, I tried the sweet and sour Impossible pork bowl. It was decent. Had McVitie's chocolate digestive biscuits for dessert.

I watched Chef John make this Cheese and potato stuffed flatbread but was too lazy to go through all the motions. So I used tortillas. I topped a tortilla with some Mexican melting cheese, topped it with Chef John's mixture (sans Feta), topped that with more melting cheese, added the second tortilla and slowly sauteed it until it came together. We called it Chef John's potato and cheese quesadilla.
Salad on the side and Gummy Vits for dessert.

So I have to stop watching foreign TV because it makes me hungry for stuff.
We tried the veg version and it was so very good.
Japchae

I had a burger with a red wine and mushroom reduction with Dijon and Swiss cheese on a toasted ciabatta bun.

I made oven french fries instead of wedges,.

Today, I went to get my flu shot. I brought the oldest kiddo in with me to show him that this is what adults do. He was scared of it, and so was I, because I hate needles. However, sometimes we have to be brave in order to not be dead. After that, I managed to con my wife into taking me to get a cheeseburger and small fries. Kiddo had McNuggets and green grapes. Littlest kiddo is having a blueberry bar and purple grapes.

I will probably be dragging ass tomorrow due to the shot, but it beats me dragging ass to the hospital with the flu. Every experience I have had with the flu has been scary. My COVID booster will happen in a couple weeks.

Tonight we’re having black pepper chicken shish kabobs. I hope.

To celerbrate the beginning of a relatively nice early pre-fall day (beliow 90) we decided to have frozen daiquiris under the remada.

Well that almost went to hell while listening to Wilson Picket and having more daiquiris than we had Wilson Picket. After an addition of Southern soul hits and more banana daiquiris we decided to throw the chicken kabobs on the grill. Should be finished soon. Hopefully at the same time as the chicken kabobs.

Today, I went to get my flu shot. I brought the oldest kiddo in with me to show him that this is what adults do. He was scared of it, and so was I, because I hate needles. However, sometimes we have to be brave in order to not be dead. After that, I managed to con my wife into taking me to get a cheeseburger and small fries. Kiddo had McNuggets and green grapes. Littlest kiddo is having a blueberry bar and purple grapes.

I will probably be dragging ass tomorrow due to the shot, but it beats me dragging ass to the hospital with the flu. Every experience I have had with the flu has been scary. My COVID booster will happen in a couple weeks.
You are great parents leading by example. Give your wife a hug, she must be exhausted for taking all of you for a reward. :)

That's what I loved about the gnocchi I made - it tasted a lot like a spicy lasagna but with fewer carbs, which is what I need.
You might like this recipe. Try replacing the lasagne noodles (the process seems cumbersome) with gnocchi.

Back
Top Bottom