• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois (18 Viewers)

Busy day. Hit the deli for pastrami, slaw, dills and rugalach.
Pastrami, dills and rugalach sounds amazing.

I love rugalach, as long as I don't have too make them. That dough is very difficult to work with because its very rich and sticky because of the amoung of sour cream and cream cheese. It has to be in the middle of winter before I even consider it.

We had CPK uncured pepperoni and hot honey pizza. Sounds weird, but we both liked it. It was basically a thin crust pepperoni pizza that you drizzle chili pepper honey over once it's cooked. It wasn't quite enough food for two people, so I had some Pringles, too.

I made a quick mariana and boiled a package of spinach, mushroom and cheese tortilini that I foound in the freezer when I was putting groceries away on Tuesday.

Chef John made a green lentil gumbo, so I tried a modified version using 'Impossible brats and burger', mushrooms and lots more spices. It turned out really well, enough for a few meals. We love anything lentil.

Chef John made a green lentil gumbo, so I tried a modified version using 'Impossible brats and burger', mushrooms and lots more spices. It turned out really well, enough for a few meals. We love anything lentil.
I saw that recipe, I'm going to make that. I love gumbo and lentils.

The vast majority of his recipes are very good. I still make the chicken and rice soup and the Salisbury steak.

Pastrami, dills and rugalach sounds amazing.

I love rugalach, as long as I don't have too make them. That dough is very difficult to work with because its very rich and sticky because of the amoung of sour cream and cream cheese. It has to be in the middle of winter before I even consider it.
The key is to keep the dough,8 ounces of unsalted butter and cream cheese and 2 cups unsifted flour, along with sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, kosher sal,t kneaded till the sides of the bowl are clean and chilled overnight. Divide it into 4 parts and keep chilled while rolling dough on floured cheesecloth to 8" rounds. The sour cream is probably the culprit.

This is the easiest hack of all and it's pretty good.https://www.myjewishlearning.com/the-nosher/easy-jewish-dessert-two-ingredient-rugelach-recipe/

Last edited:
I saw that recipe, I'm going to make that. I love gumbo and lentils.

The vast majority of his recipes are very good. I still make the chicken and rice soup and the Salisbury steak.
I like him and the Turkish woman, Rafika's kitchen. They are so very refreshing compared to most of the snobs at the food network.

The key is to keep the dough,8 ounces of unsalted butter and cream cheese and 2 cups unsifted flour, along with sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, kosher sal,t kneaded till the sides of the bowl are clean and chilled overnight. Divide it into 4 parts and keep chilled while rolling dough on floured cheesecloth to 8" rounds. The sour cream is probably the culprit.

This is the easiest hack of all and it's pretty good.https://www.myjewishlearning.com/the-nosher/easy-jewish-dessert-two-ingredient-rugelach-recipe/
I always make the dough the night before and chill it in working size chunks. My hands are too warm and it makes a mess unless its the middle of winter and I chill my marble pastry board for an hour. I love them but I'd rather make puff pastry, pie crust and croissants because the dough is so finicky to work with.

Fresh caught, pan fried walleye fillets, brown rice, steamed asparagus, small bowl of fresh nuts and berries. - Caramel apple tartlets ans ice cream for later.
You eat like a king.

Fresh walleye is amazing. I'd take than over any steak. Steak is usually cheaper than walleye from Huron, or Superior. Its questionable if walleye from Erie is safe to eat because of the pollution that still exists in the western basis around the islands where walleye are plentiful.

A caramel apple tartlet sounds great now.

Roasted a chicken with red potatoes and carrots for shabbat. Apple streusel pie. Tomorrow is Brunswick stew from the leftover chicken and supply of fresh corn and butterbeans. We're in for the weekend with bad weather brewing off the coast might as well eat while we hole up prior to Yom Kippur.

Roasted a chicken with red potatoes and carrots for shabbat. Apple streusel pie. Tomorrow is Brunswick stew from the leftover chicken and supply of fresh corn and butterbeans. We're in for the weekend with bad weather brewing off the coast might as well eat while we hole up prior to Yom Kippur.
Brunswick stew is amazing. Its the best use for leftover BBQ.

Do you have a link for apple streusel pie? That sounds good.

Brunswick stew is amazing. Its the best use for leftover BBQ.

Do you have a link for apple streusel pie? That sounds good.
i've gotta do something with the smoked pork in the fridge
not a fan of limas or okra
any suggestions for other veggies to add to a brunswick stew?
do you add a splash of vinegar?
BBQ sauce?

brunswick stew is a staple in eastern NC, but not in the piedmont. this will be my first time out. any suggestions would be appreciated

i've gotta do something with the smoked pork in the fridge
not a fan of limas or okra
any suggestions for other veggies to add to a brunswick stew?
do you add a splash of vinegar?
BBQ sauce?

brunswick stew is a staple in eastern NC, but not in the piedmont. this will be my first time out. any suggestions would be appreciated
You can use green beans instead of limas. I use cider vinegar, worchesterire and mild hot sauce., but good BBQ sauce also works. Im a Yankee and I first had it at a local BBQ chain because its their way to use up day old BBQ that they didn't sell the day before. Their BBQ isn't great but the Brunswick stew is amazing, especially with warm corn bread. Start about 3:00.

You can use green beans instead of limas. I use cider vinegar, worchesterire and mild hot sauce., but good BBQ sauce also works. Im a Yankee and I first had it at a local BBQ chain because its their way to use up day old BBQ that they didn't sell the day before. Their BBQ isn't great but the Brunswick stew is amazing, especially with warm corn bread. Start about 3:00.

there WILL be cornbread

thanks to the video, i now know to use cream corn ... which is something i always add to the cornbread

appreciate the suggestions!

I had a big lunch yesterday, so dinner was a peanut butter sandwich. My wife bought the no sugar added kind. It took a minute to get used to it, but it's decent.
That's what we use. It is better for us. Hold on a minute, I hate PB but husband eats it. It also serves to give pills to the dog.
Put the pill in the back of the mouth, some PB on the tongue and they can't help but to lick and swallow.

That's what we use. It is better for us. Hold on a minute, I hate PB but husband eats it. It also serves to give pills to the dog.
Put the pill in the back of the mouth, some PB on the tongue and they can't help but to lick and swallow.
I like the regular kind better, but if I eat this kind enough, it will become the regular kind. If she tries it and hates it, it will probably not become the regular kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

• justabubba
Back
Top Bottom