• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

About as much as Obama was by his "hot mike" comment.

It makes no sense to compare a president's attitude in 2012 BEFORE Russia's intervention in Crimea, Ukraine and the US elections to the attitude of any president in Helsinki when Trump chose to put Putin above all US intelligence services.

There IS evidence that yellow cake was shipped to Canada then shipped to Europe and Asia from a here we don’t know where it ended up.
The problem is we were promised it would never be shipped out of the United States and clearly that was a lie. We even know what trucking company shipped it to Canada and the shipping dates.

LOL Still hawking that old debunked meme? Do you know where we get most of our Uranium? From Russia and Russian interests. The Uranium One mine has the capacity to produce only 2% of our yearly consumption. It is insignificant and that is why all Federal agencies approved of the sale.

sources.jpg

Last edited:
There is no indication that Steele;s info came from the Russian Govt. but there is evidence of a purge that was instituted by Putin after the dossier was revealed. Not only that, much of it has been verified as true. The idea that any of the dossier was "planted" is fake news.

And a purge shows that the dossier was treated as an unauthorized leak. Also, we have other information which corroborates the fact that the Russian government was not interested in attacking Trump's reputation before the election. For example,

Report: Putin, Russia Tried to Help Trump By '''Discrediting''' Clinton

Russian Celebrations
A senior U.S. intelligence official with direct knowledge confirmed to NBC News that the classified version of this report, which was briefed to President-elect Trump Thursday, says that U.S. intelligence picked up senior Russian officials celebrating and congratulating one another over Donald Trump's win.

None of the different pieces of information we have from different sources, including from the US intelligence agencies fits the theory that the Russian government would be interested in undermining Trump's reputation before the elections

LOL Still hawking that old debunked meme? Do you know where we get most of our Uranium? From Russia and Russian interests. The Uranium One mine has the capacity to produce only 2% of our yearly consumption. It is insignificant and that is why all Federal agencies approved of the sale.

sources.jpg

This is really very interesting, and I was not aware of it.

I tried to see the source of this info, and apparently it comes from

Uranium Market & U.S. Uranium Sources - Virginia Uranium

from a Virginian Uranium company. S, it seems legit....

Re: [W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

sources.jpg
Yep we get 7-9% from the US. Ask yourself why the hell are we shipping millions of pounds to Canada then to Europe. Do you want Russia to control US production of Uranium when we don't produce enough?

it increased the amount of uranium ore concentrate that RSB Logistics could ship to the Cameco Corp. plant in Ontario from 7,500,000 kilograms to 12,000,000 kilograms and added Uranium One to the “other parties to Export.”
Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show | TheHill

Re: [W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

Yep we get 7-9% from the US. Ask yourself why the hell are we shipping millions of pounds to Canada then to Europe. Do you want Russia to control US production of Uranium when we don't produce enough?

Uranium One deal led to some exports to Europe, memos show | TheHill

Ask yourself why the conservatives news you read do not highlight the fact that we actually get a big part of our uranium from Russia, but somehow, they feel that Hillary is a traitor or a big asset for the Russian government as a result of an uranium deal which risks sending some Uranium to Russia through Europe, and despite the fact that you do not even have such information.

Hillary Clinton, Russia And Uranium: A Closer Look At Trump's Claims : The Two-Way : NPR

What is more, the U.S. is a tiny player in the world uranium market. The U.S. produced 1,126 tons of uranium last year out of global production of more than 62,000 tons, according to the World Nuclear Association. So U.S. production is less than 2 percent of the global total.

Uranium One produces a small and dwindling amount of that U.S. figure. Last year, it mined just 23 tons in the U.S. — about 2 percent of the small U.S. production.

Think of Uranium One's share as 2 percent of 2 percent. Or 0.04 percent of world production.

Some of Uranium One's U.S. uranium has gone to Canada and Europe, according to The Hill newspaper. But there is no evidence that any of it has gone to Russia.

Last edited:
There IS evidence that yellow cake was shipped to Canada then shipped to Europe and Asia from a here we don’t know where it ended up.
The problem is we were promised it would never be shipped out of the United States and clearly that was a lie. We even know what trucking company shipped it to Canada and the shipping dates.

This idea they want America uranium is BS. American uranium is low qualitiy. Moreover, Uranium is abundant and common, all over the world.

See, the picture that the right is trying to paint is that Clinton commited treason by selling stuff to Russia they can make nukes with.

That picture is false, totally false.

Here's an article written by a Uranium expert

Claims of Clinton-Russia Uranium Collusion Are A Real Empty Barrel

Those U.S. facilities obtained by Russia produce almost nothing. The uranium deposits are of relatively poor grade and are too costly to compete on the uranium market.

The real reason Russia wanted this deal was to give Rosatom’s subsidiary Uranium One's very profitable uranium mines in Kazakhstan ― the single largest producer of commercial uranium in the world.

This idea they want America uranium is BS. American uranium is low qualitiy. Moreover, Uranium is abundant and common, all over the world.

See, the picture that the right is trying to paint is that Clinton commited treason by selling stuff to Russia they can make nukes with.

That picture is false, totally false.

Here's an article written by a Uranium expert

Claims of Clinton-Russia Uranium Collusion Are A Real Empty Barrel
What I'm wondering about that, is that if Russia is the giant boogeyman you people say, then why sell ANY uranium to them? And further, what would you folks be saying if Trump had he done this? Hell, y'all lose your minds when people stay in his hotels....[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

That's a pathetic and old lie.

Steele was not an agent. He had been. But was not. So, not an agent. Nothing illegal.

The RNC commissioned the dossier. The company the RNC paid hired Steele.

Facts do not matter to some on the right. Most on the right.

None of the different pieces of information we have from different sources, including from the US intelligence agencies fits the theory that the Russian government would be interested in undermining Trump's reputation before the elections

Other than the glaring fact that they did.

That's a pathetic and old lie........

The RNC commissioned the dossier. The company the RNC paid hired Steele.

You are the only one full of lies. The RNC never hired Fusion GPS or Steele. The Washington Free Beacon hired Fusion GPS who provided them publicly available information on Trump. After the Beacon dropped Fusion GPS, they were hired by the DNC and Clinton campaign. THEN they hired Steele. THEN they requested the Dossier.
Your need to fabricate BS reveals the lameness of your views.

You are the only one full of lies. The RNC never hired Fusion GPS or Steele. The Washington Free Beacon hired Fusion GPS who provided them publicly available information on Trump. After the Beacon dropped Fusion GPS, they were hired by the DNC and Clinton campaign. THEN they hired Steele. THEN they requested the Dossier.
Your need to fabricate BS reveals the lameness of your views.
Well said! I'm tired of hearing the lie that the RNC or Republicans paid for the dossier. Steele was even hired by Fusion GPS until after Trump won the nomination and the Washington Free Beacon was no longer funding opposition research on Trump. Once Trump was the nominee the RNC a HRC campaign hired Fusion GPS through Perkins Coie and Steele was then hired to develop the Russian Dossier.

LOL It certainly is when the help comes from a foreign power and the illegal collusion gives that power leverage over the candidate. This is what has happened to us with Trump. He is no longer working for us but must do the bidding of a foreign adversary or they will use their leverage to discredit him. This is something our founders were quite clear on and no we will NEVER let it go. Our sovereignty is at stake. That is what those Russians are laughing at with Trump.

C_e-jHjWAAAsQ57.jpg:large

Nonsense. Dirt on an opponent is just dirt on an opponent and it doesn't matter where that dirt comes from as long as that dirt is true. If Clinton wasn't such a piece of **** then the Russians who ever else hacked her emails wouldn't have had anything to find.

Nonsense. Dirt on an opponent is just dirt on an opponent and it doesn't matter where that dirt comes from as long as that dirt is true. If Clinton wasn't such a piece of **** then the Russians who ever else hacked her emails wouldn't have had anything to find.

LOL That's like saying bank robbery is OK as long as the money is good.

LOL That's like saying bank robbery is OK as long as the money is good.

Well, except in a roberry the victims money is taken from them, in the case of Podesta and DNC emails, they still have them. And the reporter never asked Trump if a foreign country had stolen emails, would he take them. The question was receiving "information". Information is always good and doesnt interfere with the election process, it enhances it.

Well, except in a roberry the victims money is taken from them, in the case of Podesta and DNC emails, they still have them. And the reporter never asked Trump if a foreign country had stolen emails, would he take them. The question was receiving "information". Information is always good and doesnt interfere with the election process, it enhances it.

LOL So when a candidate lies to the electorate like Trump did that is not good?

Why do you repeat the nonsense comparison without addressing the points I made about the absurdity of comparing the attitude of a US president in 2012 to the attitude of a president in 2016?

When Obama made those remarks about being flexible, it was before Russia annexed Crimea, before it intervened in Ukraine and before it meddled with the elections. And the whole flexibility thing was about the US provoking attitude which frustrated Russia when US antiballistic installations and radars were developed near the Russian border.

During Trump's time, the situation was completely different. Russia initiated clear aggressive actions against Ukraine and against us, and Trump decided to show flexibility regarding letting Russia meddling with our elections and chose to believe Putin over his intelligence agencies....

What I'm wondering about that, is that if Russia is the giant boogeyman you people say, then why sell ANY uranium to them? And further, what would you folks be saying if Trump had he done this? Hell, y'all lose your minds when people stay in his hotels....[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

No one in America is selling U to Russia. Not Clinton, Not Trump, not anyone.

Why do conservatives get the knickers in a knot over this? It's common sense.

Gotta think for a lot of them it's because the POTUS was black eh? Remember when conservatives went off the deep end because the black POTUS used Dijon mustard? :lamo

But it makes sense to have the Russian government spread misinformation and sow discord by attacking Trump's credibility AFTER Trump won the presidency and not before. I have not heard any justification of why it was so important for the Russians to have this type of operation a few months before the election date when Steele was looking for information instead of launching it a little bit later

Just to clarify, when you say "operation," you're talking about the hypothesis that Russia organized misinformation to feed to Steele?

If that's the case, I think it can be explained by the fact that the Russians couldn't control when Steele would begin his fact-finding efforts.

The dossier was compiled between June 2016 and December 2016. This was because the DNC wanted whatever dirt they could get prior to the election, and that too is something the Russians could not change, even if they wanted to. Indeed, they would have probably anticipated that the DNC's response to the June 9 meeting at Trump Tower would be to try to prove to the American people that Trump was complicit with Russia. And this is indeed what the DNC did, although, because the proof was so negligible, it didn't hurt Trump's campaign with his base.

To repeat an earlier statement, I think that the Russians could not know who would win, and I believe they probably formulated in advance different courses of action depending on who won the electoral college. If the Russians sincerely wanted to make Trump their pawn, I think they would have been much more circumspect about their contacts with him than meeting with his representatives in Trump Tower.

Back
Top Bottom