• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

Really?

First the donations were to the BILL CLinton's non profit organization.

Second, we had an agreement to see all such transactions.

Meanwhile, we let Trump hide his business deals and we already know that he lied when he said that he did not have deals in Russia during the campaign only to learn that he was pursuing such deals even after the start of his campaign..

Trump's in law talks with foreigners about business deals.

Give me a break!

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’

The Clinton Foundation’s finances are so messy that the nation’s most influential charity watchdog put it on its “watch list” of problematic nonprofits last month.

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation.

In all, the group reported $84.6 million in “functional expenses” on its 2013 tax return and had more than $64 million left over — money the organization has said represents pledges rather than actual cash on hand.
Oh by the way The Clinton Foundation did not honor the agreement they had with the Obama administration.

Re: [W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

Really?

First the donations were to the BILL CLinton's non profit organization.

Second, we had an agreement to see all such transactions.

Meanwhile, we let Trump hide his business deals and we already know that he lied when he said that he did not have deals in Russia during the campaign only to learn that he was pursuing such deals even after the start of his campaign..

Trump's in law talks with foreigners about business deals.

Give me a break!

The Clinton Foundation’s finances are so messy that the nation’s most influential charity watchdog put it on its “watch list” of problematic nonprofits last month.

The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends.

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation.

In all, the group reported $84.6 million in “functional expenses” on its 2013 tax return and had more than $64 million left over — money the organization has said represents pledges rather than actual cash on hand.
Oh by the way The Clinton Foundation did not honor the agreement they had with the Obama administration.

*First, it does not make sense (for all the reasons I explained before) to have the Russian government both trying to help Trump win the election and spread misinformation before the election to harm him,*

It makes perfect sense considering the Ruskies main objective was to sow discord and distrust in the US election system. Hell they've been attempting since WWII.

What makes perfect sense is that the Ruskies main objective is to become a superpower again which can control or influence a bigger part of the territories near them. This is what they always wanted to do and this is why they liked Trump's anti-EU and anti-NATO allies rhetoric at a period when both the EU and NATO were vert close to them and threatened to become even closer (by having Ukraine join the EU).

Also, there was nothing to prohibit the Russians from trying to destabilize the US society at thee same time they were trying to help Trump win the elections. As the intelligence agencies mentioned and we learned later with the Russian trolls creating fake Black Lives Mater Accounts to excite racial hate and similar tactics.

Re: [W:775]Trump: ‘I think I’d take’ damaging info on 2020 rival from foreign operatives

Again, this is the Bill Clinton Foundation!

Do not try to shock us with such things when right now Kushner negotiates with billionares around the world or after we learned that Trump continued to pursue business deals in Russia during his campaign (and lied about it claiming that he did not) or when he (with the support of his minions) hides his finance in contrast to Hillary who had to agree to more transparency as a condition for serving as a Secretary of State

Giuliani: Discussions on Trump Tower in Moscow were '''active''' throughout 2016 election

Giuliani: Discussions on Trump Tower in Moscow were 'active' throughout 2016 election

Yep and if the libs watched something besides CNN an MSNBC they might know that.

But you do know these identities and know that they were Russian foreign agents....

Do not try to use ignorance as an argument.

This is your assessment.

Meanwhile, even if you want to argue that Clinton should have been even more transparent, you cannot avoid the fact that Clinton was much more transparent about her HUSBAND's Foundation that Trump was about HIS business. It is ridiculous to see Clinton's faults and at the same time not hold Trump accountable for the veil of secrecy that surrounds his business deals!

Again, this is the Bill Clinton Foundation!

Do not try to shock us with such things when right now Kushner negotiates with billionares around the world r when we learn that Trump continued to pursue business deals in Russia during his campaign or when he (with the support of his minions) hides his finance in contrast to Hillary who had to agree to more transparency as a condition for serving as a Secretary of State

Giuliani: Discussions on Trump Tower in Moscow were '''active''' throughout 2016 election

Giuliani: Discussions on Trump Tower in Moscow were 'active' throughout 2016 election

The Clinton Foundation is nothing more than a huge slush fund for the Clinton's and their friends. When Debbie Wasserman Shultz had to resign from the RNC for helping HRC over Bernie Shultz immediately was put on the Clinton Foundation payroll. The Clinton travel first class and eat in 5 star restaurants and stay in 5 star hotels all on the foundation tab. Now that they have no power and influence to sell they aren't getting contributions to the foundation.

The Clinton Foundation is nothing more than a huge slush fund for the Clinton's and their friends. When Debbie Wasserman Shultz had to resign from the RNC for helping HRC over Bernie Shultz immediately was put on the Clinton Foundation payroll. The Clinton travel first class and eat in 5 star restaurants and stay in 5 star hotels all on the foundation tab. Now that they have no power and influence to sell they aren't getting contributions to the foundation.

S,. why do you compare Clinton's hiring decisions to the much more serious situation of Trump using his children and son in law to run the government and his business at the same time while Trump is president and without us knowing anything? Is it because you are fixated with Clinton even though she is not relevant now as you admit?

What makes perfect sense is that the Ruskies main objective is to become a superpower again which can control or influence a bigger part of the territories near them. This is what they always wanted to do and this is why they liked Trump's anti-EU and anti-NATO allies rhetoric at a period when both the EU and NATO were vert close to them and threatened to become even closer (by having Ukraine join the EU).

Also, there was nothing to prohibit the Russians from trying to destabilize the US society at thee same time they were trying to help Trump win the elections. As the intelligence agencies mentioned and we learned later with the Russian trolls creating fake Black Lives Mater Accounts to excite racial hate and similar tactics.

First you said this;

"First, it does not make sense (for all the reasons I explained before) to have the Russian government both trying to help Trump win the election and spread misinformation before the election to harm him,"

Then you said this;

"Also, there was nothing to prohibit the Russians from trying to destabilize the US society at thee same time they were trying to help Trump win the elections."

:roll:

First you said this;

"First, it does not make sense (for all the reasons I explained before) to have the Russian government both trying to help Trump win the election and spread misinformation before the election to harm him,"

Then you said this;

"Also, there was nothing to prohibit the Russians from trying to destabilize the US society at thee same time they were trying to help Trump win the elections."

:roll:

Why are you confused?

Yes, the Russians could BOTH try to help Trump win the election and try to destabilize the US society. I even gave you an example of how they tried to do it. They hacked the DNC, and they also did things like using trolls to spread hate messages through fake US accounts attributed supposedly to Black Lives Matters?

But you do know these identities and know that they were Russian foreign agents....

You misunderstand.
The claim had been that Russia hacked the DNC, sent the files to Wikileaks who subsequently released it, and that Russia had internet troll farms ECT ECT ect. The theory is that Russia did this is because they are America's chief adversary, they want to weaken, Putin is an SOB, ECT ECT ECT.

I don't think anyone any more denies this. But I also know that it will never be proven in court (which is why Assange is not being charged for his role in it). The information that the intelligence agencies used to make their conclusions are probably not suitable for a court room which have different standards.
But everyone accepts Russian guilt without it.

But when it comes to the dossier, suddenly that goes out window. Russia is now a good guy, who deserves proper doubt and skepticism. The dossier must considered 'legit' in the sense that it was put together by people who are sincere and not disinformation.
In light of what Russia had done in 2016, it's nuts to think that. Yet that's exactly what the Obama Admin did in 2016.

Why are you confused?

Yes, the Russians could BOTH try to help Trump win the election and try to destabilize the US society. I even gave you an example of how they tried to do it. They hacked the DNC, and they also did things like using trolls to spread hate messages through fake US accounts attributed supposedly to Black Lives Matters?

Oh, I can assure you, I'm not the one that's confused.

You misunderstand.
The claim had been that Russia hacked the DNC, sent the files to Wikileaks who subsequently released it, and that Russia had internet troll farms ECT ECT ect. The theory is that Russia did this is because they are America's chief adversary, they want to weaken, Putin is an SOB, ECT ECT ECT.

I don't think anyone any more denies this. But I also know that it will never be proven in court (which is why Assange is not being charged for his role in it). The information that the intelligence agencies used to make their conclusions are probably not suitable for a court room which have different standards.
But everyone accepts Russian guilt without it.

But when it comes to the dossier, suddenly that goes out window. Russia is now a good guy, who deserves proper doubt and skepticism. The dossier must considered 'legit' in the sense that it was put together by people who are sincere and not disinformation.
In light of what Russia had done in 2016, it's nuts to think that. Yet that's exactly what the Obama Admin did in 2016.

I do not understand your point.

Who said that "when it comes to the dossier, suddenly that goes out window. Russia is now a good guy"?

There is nothing in my argument which even suggests that Russia becomes the "good guy" when we talk abut the Steele dossier! Nor did I ever say that the dossier should be considered legit!
I explained in this thread that this is not about Russia being a good or a bad guy. Such views are naive. Russia is a country which acts as a rational player trying to advance its interests. It is because of this that Russia wanted to help Trump. It is because of this that it does not make sense to believe that the Russian government is behind the Steele dossier. The point is not that the people who provided the Steele information are sincere.

The point is that if one actually takes the time to see the Russian interests, he will realize that it does not make sense that these informers were working for the Russian government when the were spreading damaging information against Trump. This realization does not mean that the informers were necessarily sincere. As I said before, they could still be lying for many reasons, such as for getting Steele's money for providing whatever information they had or because they were repeating rumors or myriad other reasons. THis is why even Steele recognized that the information required farther investigation.

This is your assessment.

Meanwhile, even if you want to argue that Clinton should have been even more transparent, you cannot avoid the fact that Clinton was much more transparent about her HUSBAND's Foundation that Trump was about HIS business. It is ridiculous to see Clinton's faults and at the same time not hold Trump accountable for the veil of secrecy that surrounds his business deals!
The Foundation was a "charity" its supposed to be transparent.

Trump was running a BUSINESS many businesses keep their cards close to their vests. They don't want to give competitors an edge.

I'm really impressed by the lengths right-wingers go to rationalize Trumo's corruption. It's as though they have given up on democracy altogether and have plunged into the abyss with their master and leader.

S,. why do you compare Clinton's hiring decisions to the much more serious situation of Trump using his children and son in law to run the government and his business at the same time while Trump is president and without us knowing anything? Is it because you are fixated with Clinton even though she is not relevant now as you admit?
I'm interested in equal justice and equal application of the law. Which of Trump's kids is operating Trump's business and is in the government at the same time?

Oh I'm sure the extra 100 billion dollars that NATO is now getting because of Trump. And the fact that Trump is trying to get Europe to buy compressed natural gas instead of gas from Russia must be a huge disappointment to Russia. :lol:

Steele has not named them to the public but the state department seems to know.

Dossier author Christopher Steele identified a former Russian spy chief and a top adviser to Russian President Vladimir Putin as being involved in handling potentially compromising information about President Donald Trump, State Department notes show.

In her notes, State Department official Kathleen Kavalec also referred to the two Russians — former Russian foreign intelligence chief Vyacheslav Trubnikov and Putin aide Vladislav Surkov — as “sources.”

The dossier is nothing more than Russian disinformation from Putin. :lol:

The Foundation was a "charity" its supposed to be transparent.

Trump was running a BUSINESS many businesses keep their cards close to their vests. They don't want to give competitors an edge.

Running a for profit business instead of having a husband with a non-profit foundation is EXACTLY why we need more transparency for Trump. The excuse that businesses keep their cards close does not fly when all the presidents an candidates up until Trump, many with business (Bush, Romney) had no problem to disclose their finances. The Clinton Foundation was transparent to a degree which is EXACTLY why the right-wing press got information about different donors related to the Clint Foundation. The fact that the Foundation could be even more transparent (and I was all for that) does not change the fact that it is ridiculous to compare the degree of transparency around Clinton to the secrecy which cloaks Trump. In fact, the Clinton agreement about the transparency went BEYOND the minimum legal requirements of transparency for any charity. And add to the above the fact that Clinton released her taxes.

Steele has not named them to the public but the state department seems to know.

The dossier is nothing more than Russian disinformation from Putin. :lol:

No argument here

Move on...

I'm interested in equal justice and equal application of the law. Which of Trump's kids is operating Trump's business and is in the government at the same time?

Why are you putting it in this way now?

You went nuts about the Bill Clinton Foundation which was connected to Hillary's HUSBAND when Bill was NOT a member of Obama's government!

So, why are you trying now to argue that one should be at the same time a businessman and member of the government?

Why do you ignore the connection of Ivanka or Trump Jr running the Trump Business and the fact that Ivanka's husband is a senior adviser of the Trump administration or the fact that even Ivanka has a security clearance?

Trump reportedly pushed staff to give Ivanka, Jared security clearance - Business Insider

Trump reportedly pressured his staff to grant Ivanka and Jared Kushner their security clearances

Oh I'm sure the extra 100 billion dollars that NATO is now getting because of Trump. And the fact that Trump is trying to get Europe to buy compressed natural gas instead of gas from Russia must be a huge disappointment to Russia. :lol:

I have said from the beginning that it is oversimplification for anybody to believe that Trump would be just a Russian puppet. Nor does it makes sense to have the Russians expect that they could get control of Trump's actions. Still, they had reasonable expectations that Trump would be a MUCH better choice for them than Hillary for all the reasons I mentioned before.

Why are you putting it in this way now?

You went nuts about the Bill Clinton Foundation which was connected to Hillary's HUSBAND when Bill was NOT a member of Obama's government!

So, why are you trying now to argue that one should be at the same time a businessman and member of the government?

Why do you ignore the connection of Ivanka or Trump Jr running the Trump Business and the fact that Ivanka's husband is a senior adviser of the Trump administration or the fact that even Ivanka has a security clearance?

Trump reportedly pushed staff to give Ivanka, Jared security clearance - Business Insider

Trump reportedly pressured his staff to grant Ivanka and Jared Kushner their security clearances
Because the Forefathers did not intend a "Ruling Class" of people whos only occupation was to be a politician. They wanted citizen politicians that did their public service and returned home to their jobs or businesses. We have had other Presidents that have owned business. Trump's business is being run by his sons who do not work for the government.

Are you suggesting that countries and individuals didn't donate money to the Clinton Foundation to gain favor with HRC? Then why are HRC lost did the donation trickle off to nothing?

Last edited:
So being beholding to a adversarial foreign power is what you call being smart? You think all candidates should sell out their country for help in winning the election?

Beholding? Look matey...don't you ever get tired of publicly posting suppositions for which you have absolutely no proof?
Is there any tangible thought going on in there at all?

Back
Top Bottom