• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:549] Nfl 2018

Re: Nfl 2018

AFC South is getting interesting.

Jags lethal defense.
Texans with Watson
Titans had great back to back seasons.
Colts? Is the only question mark solely because of Luck..

AFC South is getting interesting.

Jags lethal defense.
Texans with Watson
Titans had great back to back seasons.
Colts?
Is the only question mark solely because of Luck..
that could be said of all 32

that could be said of all 32
What also could be said is that the Colts have been more unLucky than any other team. :)

Or would that be less unLucky? I can't decide.

What also could be said is that the Colts have been more unLucky than any other team. :)

The Cleveland Browns beg to differ.

They have one of the worst owners in sports and a militant GM. It baffles me they think they have a rivalry with the Patriots when they always get destroyed by them.

Man, this Jets trade makes zero sense.

The jets trade up to the #3 spot presumably to draft a qb. Do they realize the browns and giants are looking to draft a qb as well?

They must have darnold, mayfield, allen, and rosen all rated the same and would feel comfortable with any of them.

Talk about absurd. No wonder they haven't found a franchise qb since.... forever.

Man, this Jets trade makes zero sense.

The jets trade up to the #3 spot presumably to draft a qb. Do they realize the browns and giants are looking to draft a qb as well?

They must have darnold, mayfield, allen, and rosen all rated the same and would feel comfortable with any of them.

Talk about absurd. No wonder they haven't found a franchise qb since.... forever.

If youre a GM and you got your eyes locked on a QB you want, you'll move heaven and earth to get him. That's the norm in the NFL.

Today we signed the best pass blocking TE in the league, 30 y/o Ed Dickson (which reminds me that I forgot JFG in my list above). It's for 3 years, but with the 1st year fully guaranteed, I would be amazed if there's any dead money for cutting him after 1 year. I'm guessing his role will be leadership/mentoring for Nick Vanett and a rookie. As always, Pete will make him compete for the starting position.

I think the Seahawks are done.

Pete Carroll's hippie/truther type of philosophy wore thin in the locker room. Players became too political and liberal with their views. Players were throwing punches, going to the opposing team's coach after the game requesting that he sign him?

I prefer a more structured environment. Bill Belichick is the Douglas MacArthur of the Patriots. They run a tight ship and it shows in the results.

If youre a GM and you got your eyes locked on a QB you want, you'll move heaven and earth to get him. That's the norm in the NFL.

Yep, I'm far from a Jets fan but for them to only give up 3 2nd round picks for the chance to get a franchise QB, it was a GREAT move by the Jets. Plus there's a chance that the Browns and Giants might not even draft a QB at 1 and 2. Lots of talk here in NY that Davis Webb is the real deal so the Giants may not need a QB, or may trade down. And with the Browns at 1 and 4 they don't have to draft a QB until 4.

All and all the Jets made a good move.

Pete Carroll's hippie/truther type of philosophy wore thin in the locker room. Players became too political and liberal with their views. Players were throwing punches, going to the opposing team's coach after the game requesting that he sign him?

I prefer a more structured environment. Bill Belichick is the Douglas MacArthur of the Patriots. They run a tight ship and it shows in the results.
It worked pretty well throughout his years at USC, and then for several years in the NFL. Why would it not work well again with a fresh crop of hungry youngsters?

Only problem is, after going all in last year, we now have jack **** for draft capital to get said hungry youngsters. And we can't move Earl for very much because no team wants to give a high pick for a 1-year rental. This season is shaping up to be Pete & John's biggest challenge yet. I really hope we can trade down and grab a few more mid-round picks.

BB isn't the only coach who runs a "tight ship", but he has a special talent for somehow doing it just right. On the other hand, Pete Carroll likes the team to play with a very high level of emotional enthusiasm. That tends to bring out both the best and worst in players. He knows it's volatile and difficult to manage, but he expects that and expects to be able to manage it. I do wish he would incorporate a little more discipline into the whole thing though. I don't like leading the league in penalties every year, or watching childish tantrums like at the end of the SB or the end of the Jaguars game last year. I'm hoping the new coaching staff will help with some of that.

Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile, they are retooling. By then the Patriots will be as well.

Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile, they are retooling. By then the Patriots will be as well.

The Patriots would have never made two reckless trades like trading first round picks for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham.

It worked pretty well throughout his years at USC, and then for several years in the NFL. Why would it not work well again with a fresh crop of hungry youngsters?

Only problem is, after going all in last year, we now have jack **** for draft capital to get said hungry youngsters. And we can't move Earl for very much because no team wants to give a high pick for a 1-year rental. This season is shaping up to be Pete & John's biggest challenge yet. I really hope we can trade down and grab a few more mid-round picks.

BB isn't the only coach who runs a "tight ship", but he has a special talent for somehow doing it just right. On the other hand, Pete Carroll likes the team to play with a very high level of emotional enthusiasm. That tends to bring out both the best and worst in players. He knows it's volatile and difficult to manage, but he expects that and expects to be able to manage it. I do wish he would incorporate a little more discipline into the whole thing though. I don't like leading the league in penalties every year, or watching childish tantrums like at the end of the SB or the end of the Jaguars game last year. I'm hoping the new coaching staff will help with some of that.

The Seahawks were broken because of Malcolm Butler.

The Patriots would have never made two reckless trades like trading first round picks for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham.

Who ****ing cares.

Who ****ing cares.

The Seahawks are such a dysfunctional team. You have the team best player on defense openly auditioning for the Dallas Cowboys. The star QB's wife at the time was sleeping with the teams starting WR. That same WR is also getting into fist fights with his WR teammate.

Team's starting CB and DE get's into fights with TV personalities. Such a soap opera.

The Seahawks are such a dysfunctional team. You have the team best player on defense openly auditioning for the Dallas Cowboys. The star QB's wife at the time was sleeping with the teams starting WR. That same WR is also getting into fist fights with his WR teammate.

Team's starting CB and DE get's into fights with TV personalities. Such a soap opera.

That dysfunctional team was one play away from 2 SB and won 65 games in 6 years. What the hell is wrong with you? Surely you can prove that accusation? Oh wait, you just read that some where and thought it was true.

I think Sherman is 2 years and a major injury on the sunset side of being the impact player the 49ers are hoping he will be. He will be good...he wont likely be as good as he was.

The 49'ers got lucky getting Jimmy G and they got lucky dealing with a desperate Richard Sherman.

Sherman refused to hire and agent and negotiated a terrible contract for himself. This guy actually brought his wife with him to negotiate a contract. I mean, talk about desperate.

That dysfunctional team was one play away from 2 SB and won 65 games in 6 years. What the hell is wrong with you?

The Seahawks are a horrible red zone offense. Even if Malcolm Butler drops that int I doubt the Seahawks would have gotten in the endzone.

The Seahawks are a horrible red zone offense. Even if Malcolm Butler drops that int I doubt the Seahawks would have gotten in the endzone.

They were 12th of 32. But hey, go ahead and make some more **** up.

They were 12th of 32. But hey, go ahead and make some more **** up.

12th of 32. I don't even know what the means.

Good luck facing the Rams twice. That defense will hurt Russell Wilson.

12th of 32. I don't even know what the means.

Good luck facing the Rams twice. That defense will hurt Russell Wilson.

You should be worried about Jacksonville breaking Brady in 1/2

Remember last year when Julian Edelman got kicked out of practice for fighting? And Malcom Butler the year before that??

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-gilmore-fight-kicked-out-practice/528897001/

Remember last year when Tom Brady cussed out his offensive coordinator on live TV??

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...daniels-video-new-england-patriots/917583001/

Nevermind W/L, the Patriots are sooo dysfunctional!!1!1!!

Bwahahahahahaha. He is amusing.

Back
Top Bottom