• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 330] Why People Hate Religion

Re: Why People Hate Religion

Your inability to support your claims is not my problem.

Your inability to comprehend a straight answer isn't mine.

Very interesting read, both the OP link and this thread lol

I agree with many of the things in the OP with in reason.

First off the word hate. I think thats the wrong word, hate is strong and though just my personal experience ive never encountered anybody that hates "religion" in real life. Ive encounter a couple nutball extremists that hated Islam and Muslims but again those people were clear nutballs.

as for me ive never had an issue with religion or people because of their religion. My church and religion are just fine by me. Its individuals that have issues.

But where many comments and parts of the OP have nailed it is the huge hypocrisy, bigotry and some flat out evilness you find among INDIVIDUALS that claim to be practicing religion, use it as a tool of force and or a shield for there gross behavior.
It's important to remember those people are still individuals and not representative of the religion.

If these extremist were outed more by their religion/church the results were be better but unfortunately many times they are not and the opposite happens. They are protected and also covered for. And please focus on that second part because its whats important. Nobody is REQUIRED nor NEEDS to out somebody based on their religion, race, gender, political stances etc etc matching. You dont need to show your disapproval for some racist, or child molester, or terrorist, or fake priest simply because you share something with them like religion but if you participate in the cover up or excuse train thats an issue. Sadly IMO this happens to often in religion.

So to summarize issue 1 are the hypocrites, bigots and flat out evil INDIVIDUALS among religions people. These people should never be covered for and on the other side people have to realize they are just individuals.

Next are the extremist that want to force their religious views on others whether its strict religious rules or their very subjective views of that religion and again these INDIVIDUALS do not represent the religion but they are wide spread and unfortunately many are in positions of power and or influence. This issue needs treated the same way, these individuals should never be covered for nor should excuses be made for their great disdain for rights, freedoms laws and out constitution.

So issue 2 is easy, religion is not the rule of law in america thank god and it never will be. So you best to leave that part of your religion at home. As soon as you try to stop others from having the same rights as you do or others from having the same freedoms and you site your religion you are part of the problem. But again you would be an INDIVIDUAL .. not a religion.

If people in general would mind their own business (when no rights, law and freedoms are being infringed on or broken), not try to force their views on others and realize this issue is an individual problem I believe that much of any distaste for "religion" (though its misguided because its not a religion thing) would subside greatly.

Now ^ that's irony....

Now ^ that's irony....

LMAO even more entertainment!!!! another claim YOU cant back up further proving my point and exposing another hilarious and failed post of yours

but lets have some fun, we'll give you a chance to make a post based on honesty and integrity and show you can back up the lies and false claims you post.

Please be specific, what part of my post is factual irony and prove it . .quote the parts and back up your dale claims with facts . . thanks!!!

:popcorn2:
lets have some fun

Moderator's Warning:
Return to the topic rather than discussing each other, or expect consequences.

Let's not.

Too late because the fun has already been had by me exposing false claims. There are ZERO facts that support the false claim i exposed and that fact will remain true.

Your inability to comprehend a straight answer isn't mine.

Please show where you actually made a 'straight answer'. Show where I lied. Back up your claims.

Moderator's Warning:
Return to the topic rather than discussing each other, or expect consequences.

In case this warning was missed....

Please show where you actually made a 'straight answer'. Show where I lied. Back up your claims.

It's right in front of your eyes. But, you heard Nota, stay on topic.

It's right in front of your eyes. But, you heard Nota, stay on topic.

I will accept you won't support any claim.

I will accept you won't support any claim.

And I will accept that no answer will ever suit you. Now get out of my face.

/// I thought I was referring to some 'ANTI-GOD' posters //// <---- YOUR WORDS. Who are the anti-god posters you are referring to ? List them.

I thought you were referring to yourself when you wrote this, post #259:

Sin is 'your' thing, not 'Mine.'
You may believe just because others don't share your personal religious views, that somehow equates to being bad people ( sinners ).

Like I asked, who said non-believers are bad people?

You also said in that post:

You really need to think things through rationally. One can not hate what one doesn't believe exists. You do understand this ? Yes ?

Even if a religious person believes that all non-believers are bad people, why would you care so much what he believes, if you believe his God doesn't exist?

That would be like someone who believes unicorns exist - and you, who says you don't believe unicorns exist........and yet, you keep arguing with believers about how many horns a unicorn has!
And some of these so-called non-believers in the unicorn keep bad-mouthing unicorns!
BUT, they keep saying they don't believe unicorns exist! :mrgreen:

Thus I point out, who's really being irrational here? :lol:

Last edited:

I thought you were referring to yourself when you wrote this, post #259:

Like I asked, who said non-believers are bad people?

You also said in that post:

Even if a religious person believes that all non-believers are bad people, why would you care so much what he believes if you believe his God doesn't exist?
That would be like someone who believes unicorns exists - and you arguing about how many horns a unicorn has, yet at the same time you're saying you don't believe unicorns exist! But you debate about their horns! :mrgreen: Thus I point out, who's really being irrational here? :lol:

Are you going to tell us who these posters you refer to anti-God posters are, or not ?. Tell us who has posted they hate any God, as you claimed up thread.

Are you going to tell us who these posters you refer to anti-God posters are, or not ?. Tell us who has posted they hate any God, as you claimed up thread.

You don't need to know their names. Identities are irrelevant! To be specific, I should've said anti-Christian, after all it's mostly the Christian religion (God) that's being referred to.

If you really want to know, you review the threads. How do you spot them?
Here, according to merriam:

anti-Christian
: opposed to or hostile toward Christianity

I refer more to the blatant hostility, not only to the religion but to its God as well.

Last edited:

You don't need to know their names. If you really want to know, you review the threads.

Who determined these clandestine, anti-god posters are indeed anti-god ? Did any, or all of them, identify as such......or did someone simply pass judgement on others, and declare it to be a given ?

God is a title...the Christian God has a name just as other gods do...His name is Jehovah...

Who determined these clandestine, anti-god posters are indeed anti-god ? Did any, or all of them, identify as such......or did someone simply pass judgement on others, and declare it to be a given ?

Read the definition. :roll:

anti-Christian

: opposed to or hostile toward Christianity

Surely, you don't think all racists admit openly - or identify themselves - to being racists, do you? :lol:

Okay....if you don't have anything more worth discussing to say - I'll have to go. I'm busy.

Read the definition. :roll:

Surely, you don't think all racists admit openly - or identify themselves - to being racists, do you? :lol:

Have any of these unnamed 'anti-God' posters ever actually posted here " I am anti-God" ? YES or NO ?...

Have any of these unnamed 'anti-God' posters ever actually posted here " I am anti-God" ? YES or NO ?...

I don't know much about you.
But I can say that at least 3 posters that I've argued with, and had seen some of their posts, are.
They don't hide their hostility towards God.
Of course, there are some too in other forums.

Anyway....it's a fact that there are those that are anti-Gods. That's a general statement.

Dont know why you blank quoted me but that sums up exactly what is irony in my post explaining some people's distaste for religion (even though its misplaced and it should be against individuals) . . NOTHING.

Not saying its all factual, its not, i even say whats my opinion but does anybody disagree with my post below or have additional reasons i left out why some people have religious distastes?
Very interesting read, both the OP link and this thread lol

I agree with many of the things in the OP with in reason.

First off the word hate. I think thats the wrong word, hate is strong and though just my personal experience ive never encountered anybody that hates "religion" in real life. Ive encounter a couple nutball extremists that hated Islam and Muslims but again those people were clear nutballs.

as for me ive never had an issue with religion or people because of their religion. My church and religion are just fine by me. Its individuals that have issues.

But where many comments and parts of the OP have nailed it is the huge hypocrisy, bigotry and some flat out evilness you find among INDIVIDUALS that claim to be practicing religion, use it as a tool of force and or a shield for there gross behavior.
It's important to remember those people are still individuals and not representative of the religion.

If these extremist were outed more by their religion/church the results were be better but unfortunately many times they are not and the opposite happens. They are protected and also covered for. And please focus on that second part because its whats important. Nobody is REQUIRED nor NEEDS to out somebody based on their religion, race, gender, political stances etc etc matching. You dont need to show your disapproval for some racist, or child molester, or terrorist, or fake priest simply because you share something with them like religion but if you participate in the cover up or excuse train thats an issue. Sadly IMO this happens to often in religion.

So to summarize issue 1 are the hypocrites, bigots and flat out evil INDIVIDUALS among religions people. These people should never be covered for and on the other side people have to realize they are just individuals.

Next are the extremist that want to force their religious views on others whether its strict religious rules or their very subjective views of that religion and again these INDIVIDUALS do not represent the religion but they are wide spread and unfortunately many are in positions of power and or influence. This issue needs treated the same way, these individuals should never be covered for nor should excuses be made for their great disdain for rights, freedoms laws and out constitution.

So issue 2 is easy, religion is not the rule of law in america thank god and it never will be. So you best to leave that part of your religion at home. As soon as you try to stop others from having the same rights as you do or others from having the same freedoms and you site your religion you are part of the problem. But again you would be an INDIVIDUAL .. not a religion.

If people in general would mind their own business (when no rights, law and freedoms are being infringed on or broken), not try to force their views on others and realize this issue is an individual problem I believe that much of any distaste for "religion" (though its misguided because its not a religion thing) would subside greatly.

in all my years here its lopsided in the OTHER direction IMO. More people are anti-rights and anti-nonreligious etc. but both groups are still a minority.
but again to be fair some of those posters are just trolls or fake posters and even the real ones are still just INDIVIDUALS. They do not represent me, my religion or any religion.

The disdain on either side is simply misplaced on groups instead of individuals. All you have to do is look how many times people have made retarded claims like "all atheist believe there is no god" or "all Christians are against equal marriage rights." Both statements are factually wrong yet people here have made them many times.

I don't know much about you.
But I can say that at least 3 posters that I've argued with, and had seen some of their posts, are.
Of course, there are some too in other forums.

Did you say they are 'anti-God', or did they identify themselves personally as being 'anti-God' ? I think we are getting closer to the truth on this mystery.

It's actually both, but we give the glory to God for the ability and the gifts to give. Who do Satanists give the glory to, other than themselves? Doing things for your own glory is not "charity".
You are still doing it for selfish purposes when done through Christian charity. You are trying to prove yourself worthy before your God which is no more selfless than simply doing it to feel better about yourself in helping others. It's still all about the good feelings.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom