• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 330] Why People Hate Religion

Re: Why People Hate Religion

How do you know anything is possible ? Just because we lack knowledge or evidence doesn't mean it's possible.

It is possible until you can show that it isn't possible, from a scientific standpoint. We are not talking of probability, only possibility. And certainly "there is none" is a possibility for an afterlife. None would be a default possibility for anything that lacks evidence that it could be. Almost anything else would be be possible without evidence to the contrary though. Again, possibility, not probability.

It is possible until you can show that it isn't possible, from a scientific standpoint. We are not talking of probability, only possibility. And certainly "there is none" is a possibility for an afterlife. None would be a default possibility for anything that lacks evidence that it could be. Almost anything else would be be possible without evidence to the contrary though. Again, possibility, not probability.

If something is impossible, it doesn't become possible if we don't know it. At best you can say the possibility is unknown.

Yet, you do not support the claim you have objective and tangible evidence. You merely make the claim. Isn't that a nice diversion?

I have been arguing with you since I joined this site, and I used to worry about that until I realized that you don't care about "facts" and "truth", what you care about is arguing just to argue.

I hope that answers you once and for all why I am not interested in arguing with you, it's a waste of time.

I have been arguing with you since I joined this site, and I used to worry about that until I realized that you don't care about "facts" and "truth", what you care about is arguing just to argue.

I hope that answers you once and for all why I am not interested in arguing with you, it's a waste of time.

And yet, you have not supported your claims, except , on very rare occations, with raw links that quite often didn't support your point. Why don't you try to support your claims?

And yet, you have not supported your claims, except , on very rare occations, with raw links that quite often didn't support your point. Why don't you try to support your claims?

I just told you, and you still don't get it.

That's why.

So if a Satanist temple was using its resources to feed the hungry and give shelter to the homeless as well as provide medical care to the sick, you would refuse to support them and rather their beneficiaries remain hungry, cold and sick ?

Stupid question. I run my own charity, why would I support a satanic "charity", which I take about as seriously as I take Wicca?

Stupid question. I run my own charity, why would I support a satanic "charity", which I take about as seriously as I take Wicca?

Hmmm, in other words, your religious bias would prevent you from working with people of other faiths even when the goals for both groups are to provide aid to those in need.

Hmmm, in other words, your religious bias would prevent you from working with people of other faiths even when the goals for both groups are to provide aid to those in need.

"People of other faiths"????

By definition Satanists do not work toward the same end I do. If they want to "help" they don't need me.

By definition Satanists do not work toward the same end I do. If they want to "help" they don't need me.

Am I understanding you when I think that your 'charity's end goal is to bring the needy to Jesus more than it is to feed, clothe and house them.

If something is impossible, it doesn't become possible if we don't know it. At best you can say the possibility is unknown.
You're talking probability, not possibility. It is not impossible for there to be an afterlife and it definitely is not impossible for there to be no afterlife. Probability would be unknown, possibility is not.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

What goal exactly do you think Satanist work towards?

Am I understanding you when I think that your 'charity's end goal is to bring the needy to Jesus more than it is to feed, clothe and house them.

It's actually both, but we give the glory to God for the ability and the gifts to give. Who do Satanists give the glory to, other than themselves? Doing things for your own glory is not "charity".

It's actually both, but we give the glory to God for the ability and the gifts to give. Who do Satanists give the glory to, other than themselves? Doing things for your own glory is not "charity".

You have an unusual understanding of the meaning of "charity"

Raised catholic, ten years of catholic school and three years working for the diocese of orlando and that was one of the most eye-opening jobs I've ever had. The hypocrisy was astonishing. As far as I'm concerned organized religion is the bane of humanity.

Religion today, to me, is nothing more than a weapon to be used against people to try to keep them in line, even though the good catholic priests seem to have a reputation for fondling young boys and I'm sure they are not alone.

If you can't walk the talk, don't preach to me about how wonderful christianity is.

Compared to the morally-bankrupt thinking and behavior of a great many liberals, Christianity looks squeaky clean.

Aren't there some partial-birth babies out there that liberal butchers haven't found and killed yet?

Compared to the morally-bankrupt thinking and behavior of a great many liberals, Christianity looks squeaky clean.

Aren't there some partial-birth babies out there that liberal butchers haven't found and killed yet?

If you are a Christian, you can't have liberal ideas?

Was this guy a Christian? Bishop spent millions in church funds on luxury travel, including private jets to the Jersey Shore, report says

Was this guy a Christian? Anti-LGBT Republican resigns after accusations he used gay dating app to meet way-younger men

Of course neither man was really a Christian - right? :roll:

Last edited:

While "Christian college" is a term often associated with fundamentalist conservatism, many, if not most, Christian colleges are fairly liberal.

These Christians may seek out a school that acknowledges and even promotes Christianity but avoids doctrinal rigidity and the pervasive indignation of many (though by no means all) conservative Christian institutions. Even the Catholic Church includes a wide range of doctrinal expressions, including the controversial Liberation Theology. Numerous steadfastly Christian scholars engage in debate and fellowship with colleagues of diverse traditions.

The 10 Most Liberal Christian Colleges in America | Newsmax.com

THE CHRISTIAN LEFT WELCOMES YOU

Home

I just told you, and you still don't get it.

That's why.

Your inability to support your claims is not my problem.

You're talking probability, not possibility. It is not impossible for there to be an afterlife and it definitely is not impossible for there to be no afterlife. Probability would be unknown, possibility is not.

I am talking about possibility. If something is impossible, then not knowing if it is possible or not will not affect it being possible.

QIkvHoH.gif

HOLY SWEET IRONY BATMAN!!

how many people busted out laughing reading that?

True Christianity is the one place there should be no divisions among its members...

"Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought." 1 Corinthians 1:10

divisions: Or “splits; schisms.” Jesus prayed that his followers would be united (Joh 17:20-23), and Paul was likewise vitally interested in the unity of the Christian congregation. By the time Paul wrote his first inspired letter to the Corinthians (c. 55 C.E.), there were factions in the congregation. Some viewed Apollos as their leader, while others favored Paul or Peter or held only to Christ. (1Co 1:11, 12) Paul counseled against giving undue prominence to men, who were simply ministers serving under God and Christ. (1Co 3:4-9, 21-23; 4:6, 7) He used the Greek word skhiʹsma, here rendered “divisions,” three times in his first letter to the Corinthians.​—1Co 1:10; 11:18; 12:25.

1 Corinthians 1 — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY

QIkvHoH.gif

I personally will keep on challenging him when he makes unsupported claims, or claims I know are not true. I do not expect him to actually support any of his claims. I would be very impressed if he does. However, my point is to keep on challenging unsupported claims, and to point out patterns of behavior among those who make spurious claims that there is a refusal to support.

Very interesting read, both the OP link and this thread lol

I agree with many of the things in the OP with in reason.

First off the word hate. I think thats the wrong word, hate is strong and though just my personal experience ive never encountered anybody that hates "religion" in real life. Ive encounter a couple nutball extremists that hated Islam and Muslims but again those people were clear nutballs.

as for me ive never had an issue with religion or people because of their religion. My church and religion are just fine by me. Its individuals that have issues.

But where many comments and parts of the OP have nailed it is the huge hypocrisy, bigotry and some flat out evilness you find among INDIVIDUALS that claim to be practicing religion, use it as a tool of force and or a shield for there gross behavior.
It's important to remember those people are still individuals and not representative of the religion.

If these extremist were outed more by their religion/church the results were be better but unfortunately many times they are not and the opposite happens. They are protected and also covered for. And please focus on that second part because its whats important. Nobody is REQUIRED nor NEEDS to out somebody based on their religion, race, gender, political stances etc etc matching. You dont need to show your disapproval for some racist, or child molester, or terrorist, or fake priest simply because you share something with them like religion but if you participate in the cover up or excuse train thats an issue. Sadly IMO this happens to often in religion.

So to summarize issue 1 are the hypocrites, bigots and flat out evil INDIVIDUALS among religions people. These people should never be covered for and on the other side people have to realize they are just individuals.

Next are the extremist that want to force their religious views on others whether its strict religious rules or their very subjective views of that religion and again these INDIVIDUALS do not represent the religion but they are wide spread and unfortunately many are in positions of power and or influence. This issue needs treated the same way, these individuals should never be covered for nor should excuses be made for their great disdain for rights, freedoms laws and out constitution.

So issue 2 is easy, religion is not the rule of law in america thank god and it never will be. So you best to leave that part of your religion at home. As soon as you try to stop others from having the same rights as you do or others from having the same freedoms and you site your religion you are part of the problem. But again you would be an INDIVIDUAL .. not a religion.

If people in general would mind their own business (when no rights, law and freedoms are being infringed on or broken), not try to force their views on others and realize this issue is an individual problem I believe that much of any distaste for "religion" (though its misguided because its not a religion thing) would subside greatly.

QIkvHoH.gif

I'm busting out laughing reading this^

I personally will keep on challenging him when he makes unsupported claims, or claims I know are not true. I do not expect him to actually support any of his claims. I would be very impressed if he does. However, my point is to keep on challenging unsupported claims, and to point out patterns of behavior among those who make spurious claims that there is a refusal to support.

And I'll keep challenging you until you stop lying.

Back
Top Bottom