• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:257] Christian Viewpoint On Homosexuality

Re: Christian Viewpoint On Homosexuality

Christians have a reputation for being homophobic. Well I am going to state my position on homosexuality. The Bible says not to be a homosexual and its very cut and dry on that. Particularly when its men with other men. There is one verse that I know of in the Bible that addresses lesbianism but where the Bible really hits it home is when it comes to men with other men, the Bible makes it very clear that men should not engage in homosexual acts with other men and that you should not live such a lifestyle. Now not everybody believes the Bible and that's their choice and as far as Im concerned if somebody's gay that's their business but as for me, I don't get with other men number one because the Bible says not to and number two, because I just don't like other men. What two consenting men do or what two consenting women do is none of my business and I want to keep it that way, but I don't like other men, I don't want to be with other men, and that's my choice.

The OP deserves a shoutout for his very thoughtful post.

1. He believes in the Bible. Good for him.

a. This means that he presumably obeys the 10 Commandments, so that makes him a good person.

2. He believes that it's none of his business what two gays do. Good for him.

a. Presumably, then, he opposes the bullying of gays in any form.

3. If more self-confessed religious people (of any religion) had the OP's tolerance, this would be a much better world.

Christians have a reputation for being homophobic. Well I am going to state my position on homosexuality. The Bible says not to be a homosexual and its very cut and dry on that. Particularly when its men with other men. There is one verse that I know of in the Bible that addresses lesbianism but where the Bible really hits it home is when it comes to men with other men, the Bible makes it very clear that men should not engage in homosexual acts with other men and that you should not live such a lifestyle. Now not everybody believes the Bible and that's their choice and as far as Im concerned if somebody's gay that's their business but as for me, I don't get with other men number one because the Bible says not to and number two, because I just don't like other men. What two consenting men do or what two consenting women do is none of my business and I want to keep it that way, but I don't like other men, I don't want to be with other men, and that's my choice.

The world claims Christians are homophobic because they believe what the Bible says about sodomy. That is silly, of course, but the ungodly are known for being silly. It is the homosexual who is full of fears, having no hope of being delivered from God's coming judgment unless he turns from his sin and seeks God's forgiveness.

The world claims Christians are homophobic because they believe what the Bible says about sodomy. That is silly, of course, but the ungodly are known for being silly. It is the homosexual who is full of fears, having no hope of being delivered from God's coming judgment unless he turns from his sin and seeks God's forgiveness.

The NT negates the OT. Do you kill people who work on the Sabbath? I know gays who are not full of fears. You keep making these unsubstantiated blanket statements that reveal your prejudices.

Christians tell me their God has a Divine Plan ( everything that will occur is already pre-determined by their god ).They also tell me we have free will.These two concepts are diametrically opposed.

Not really, if you realize God can over-rule and change/undo any obstacle man has put in His way...that is what He promises in his own due time...the worst man can do is only temporary...even death...

"And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." Matthew 10:28

Christians by definition follow Christ’s teachings. They may have their personal opinions on anything, but if they are Christians then they cede to God’s declarations.

As to who is correct, the answer is obvious. If you believe in God and profess to be a Christian then you follow Gods laws. It’s not that complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about where Jesus says his kingdom is no part of this world?

“My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.” John 18:36

Or where he says his followers should be no part of this world?

"If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you." John 15:19

Can you really be an advocate for Jesus' kingdom and man's, too? Can you slave for 2 masters?

I’d say that’s actually a common ailment...just as others like to cite part of Christ’s teachings to prove their points while ignoring the totality of the text. For example...that whole “go forth, and sin no more” part gets hardly any play at all.

Actually that seems to get the play.... and the "judge not lest ye be judged".. seems to get downplayed in all the hoopla.

What about where Jesus says his kingdom is no part of this world?

“My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.” John 18:36

Or where he says his followers should be no part of this world?

"If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you." John 15:19

Can you really be an advocate for Jesus' kingdom and man's, too? Can you slave for 2 masters?
Again something that is answered in James 4 and the constant conflict of those that profess a belief in Christ but also an acceptance of worldly/sinful behavior.

The caveat...the thing which is most important...is that Christs doctrine was a doctrine of love. Christs very existence was to help man overcome human failings. When we stumble...when we fall...we have a pathway to healing. But when we deliberately choose to live in opposition to the laws of God, we also choose to accept the consequences.

Personally...as a God of love...a 'Father'...I believe the hearts of the individuals will be judged along with the actions. Thats why I dont worry about the worldy judgement of what is and isnt sinful behavior. Not my place to say.

Actually that seems to get the play.... and the "judge not lest ye be judged".. seems to get downplayed in all the hoopla.
Ehhhhh...sure...I guess I can see that for some people. I would hope that the default status for all Christians would be one of love. It is NOT my place to judge. It is NOT our place to judge. It IS our place to choose God or the world. But those that choose the world...again...thats for them to work stuff out with God in the end. I dont play a role in it.

In the animal kingdom especially where procreation is limited to the prime breeding stock and the inferior animals are shunned from the herd it’s not uncommon for beasts to engage in a manner befitting...well...animals.

Are you claiming that homosexuals are no better than rutting animals? That seems rather harsh.

Actually these animals are not "shunned from the herd"..

Are you claiming that homosexuals are no better than rutting animals? That seems rather harsh.

however it appears that you are comparing heterosexuals to no better than "procreation and prime breeding stock" and rutting animals... that's seems rather harsh

Again something that is answered in James 4 and the constant conflict of those that profess a belief in Christ but also an acceptance of worldly/sinful behavior.

The caveat...the thing which is most important...is that Christs doctrine was a doctrine of love. Christs very existence was to help man overcome human failings. When we stumble...when we fall...we have a pathway to healing. But when we deliberately choose to live in opposition to the laws of God, we also choose to accept the consequences.

Personally...as a God of love...a 'Father'...I believe the hearts of the individuals will be judged along with the actions. Thats why I dont worry about the worldy judgement of what is and isnt sinful behavior. Not my place to say.

Huh? Jesus' was talking about kingdoms...his versus the world's...I don't know what you're talking about...

I support gay marriage, so long as both chicks are hot
Nothing wrong with a good sense of humor!

There is a fair amount of how to (mis?)treat slaves in the New Testament as well yet fewer references to homosexuality as sin or perversion.

Well.. we have Christs teachings.. and then we have the rest of the bible...

Huh? Jesus' was talking about kingdoms...his versus the world's...I don't know what you're talking about...
I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

Christ was perfect. Mankind is not. Our earthly existence is going to be tried daily. We are given to choose. What happens here determines whether we gain access to Christ's kingdom...whatever that means. But we still must live in this world. Until then.

Actually these animals are not "shunned from the herd"..

however it appears that you are comparing heterosexuals to no better than "procreation and prime breeding stock" and rutting animals... that's seems rather harsh
To the contrary. I am not the one that brought up the idiotic "but...animals are gay too!" argument. Never have, Never will. Its a stupid and degrading argument, yet people make it all the time.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

Christ was perfect. Mankind is not. Our earthly existence is going to be tried daily. We are given to choose. What happens here determines whether we gain access to Christ's kingdom...whatever that means. But we still must live in this world. Until then.

And I think you are..."you cannot slave for two masters"...ring a bell? Jesus said we are no part of this world, just as he and his kingdom are no part of this world...pretty plain there...

And I think you are..."you cannot slave for two masters"...ring a bell? Jesus said we are no part of this world, just as he and his kingdom are no part of this world...pretty plain there...
Where do you get that I am advocating that you CAN be a slave to two masters?

To the contrary. I am not the one that brought up the idiotic "but...animals are gay too!" argument. Never have, Never will. Its a stupid and degrading argument, yet people make it all the time.

No, it's not a dumb argument as a counter to idiots saying "it's unnatural". It's one of the most natural things in the world and it predates the Bible and all written history. If god didn't want a bunch of butt sex happening he wouldn't have filled the world full of gay humans and animals.

Where do you get that I am advocating that you CAN be a slave to two masters?

“I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one." John 15:17

Satan is the "wicked one," correct? And who rules this world, including it's governments?

"whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Corinthians 4:4

"So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." Revelation 12:9

I respectfully say that you have those two points reversed.

Most men who do not get with other men do so for the following reason:

#1 They are not sexually attracted to other men.

And, since #1, then

#2. The bible says not to **** men

is fine by them.

Either the Truth of the Bible or Satan's lies. There is no other alternative. Homosexuality is what God calls, and still calls today, an abomination.

A good piece of ass is a good piece of ass, man.

Thats just...goofy. Even when gay marriage was illegal...which is a societal law...did someone try to prevent you from choosing to be and act upon your sexuality?
I didn't say someone tried to prevent proteome from acting on anything. No wonder it seems goofy to you, you didn't understand.

Back
Top Bottom