• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:123]ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

Re: ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

Impeding the old man's progress, and staring him down. It was idiotic and confrontational. It was absolutely out-of-line. Also, the tomahawk hand gestures were 100% wrong and unequivocal, in my opinion. And singing the fight song? Geezus, talk about doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

My old school would not allow these behaviours, and neither would my kids' (I believe).

If I were the school:

1] I'd discipline the MAGA kid and all the tomahawk kids with JUGs (detentions). JUG is not on the kids' school records, and does not suspend them. It simply gives them a time-out where they have to report outside of school hours for either 4 or 8 hours to a detention classroom. They sit in desks with absolutely no talking allowed, but they may read or do homework if they so desire. JUG is a rolling thing, so further (or previous) JUGs are cumulative in determining the length of detention. Too many JUGs could be cause for dismissal, though.

2] I'd really question the teacher about the fight song, and he or she better really impress upon me that in his or her stress they chose it as some form of ill-advised safety measure. I mean better REALLY impress this upon me.

3] Obviously there's going to be a ton of education on social awareness coupled with safety training.

Oh, and "JUG" = "Justice Under Good".
I really can't believe that some people need it explained to them why making Tomahawk chops and mocking chants to a Native American is a third level of wrong in any context.

It shows how broken the country is.

Look, I don't agree. The kid's behaviour was unacceptable for Catholic Schools. I don't know where you're drawing your reference from, but my life has nearly continuously associated around Catholicism and Catholic Schools in some form. His school will never find this incident acceptable.

Now if you'd like to additional assign blame to others, feel free. There's plenty to go around. The Hebrew Israelites seem to be the real big-time hardcore protagonists here, IMO. But don't try to absolve the kid, because he's wrong too.

Sorry my friend, but we very much disagree here.
Yes, that added context showed that neither Phillips or the kids were necessarily looking for trouble, and that it was the Hebrew Israelites who were hurling racist and homophobic slurs to get the ball rolling.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that the high schooler's retaliated with their own racist gestures to a third party that had nothing to do with that.

They were not choir boys and the media has gone from unfairly blaming them for everything, to now letting them off the hook completely despite clear evidence of lines crossed.

Tell that to the ANTIFAtards. You're preaching to the choir, when you talk to me about letting by-gones be by-gones.

But, you're right: these clowns are why gun ownership is important. They're free to be stupid and we're free to defend ourselves.

I just read your post about hoping people get their heads kicked in.

That's ****ing sick. And right in keeping with the new "MAGA" hate book.

I cannot think of anything more sick than wishing harm on another person.

You mad because your wet dream story got proven false?

My "wet dream"? You mean that someday you'll post something meaningful? I'm afraid so :(

Impeding the old man's progress, and staring him down. It was idiotic and confrontational. It was absolutely out-of-line. Also, the tomahawk hand gestures were 100% wrong and unequivocal, in my opinion. And singing the fight song? Geezus, talk about doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

My old school would not allow these behaviours, and neither would my kids' (I believe).

If I were the school:

1] I'd discipline the MAGA kid and all the tomahawk kids with JUGs (detentions). JUG is not on the kids' school records, and does not suspend them. It simply gives them a time-out where they have to report outside of school hours for either 4 or 8 hours to a detention classroom. They sit in desks with absolutely no talking allowed, but they may read or do homework if they so desire. JUG is a rolling thing, so further (or previous) JUGs are cumulative in determining the length of detention. Too many JUGs could be cause for dismissal, though.

2] I'd really question the teacher about the fight song, and he or she better really impress upon me that in his or her stress they chose it as some form of ill-advised safety measure. I mean better REALLY impress this upon me.

3] Obviously there's going to be a ton of education on social awareness coupled with safety training.

Oh, and "JUG" = "Justice Under Good".

I see. Hmmm...fairly strict. So should I call you "Brother Chomsky" from now on? ;) j/k

Well I never went to Catholic School, although I knew kids who did and I do know they always complained about how very strict it was. Then there was the Blues Brother's movie. So there is that too. ;)

As a Non-Catholic I was raised to respect women and elders, but I was also raised to respect myself too. While I will open doors, and otherwise assist the elderly, I do not see the need to always move aside simply because they try to walk through me absent obvious disability (blind, wheelchair, etc.).

I still hold (non-Catholic that I am) that the Drummer could have meandered around like he was already doing and simply walked past the kid to either side rather than walking directly at him and then (as stated) trying to intimidate the kid to move aside.

IMO it takes TWO to create a confrontation, and if the kid was at fault, then IMO the Activist was at least equally at fault if not more so since he made false claims about the incident when reporting on it later.

Still, I'll give you that as a student of a Catholic School, he might be held to a higher standard than I would have held him to.

Last edited:

Yes, that added context showed that neither Phillips or the kids were necessarily looking for trouble, and that it was the Hebrew Israelites who were hurling racist and homophobic slurs to get the ball rolling.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that the high schooler's retaliated with their own racist gestures to a third party that had nothing to do with that.

They were not choir boys and the media has gone from unfairly blaming them for everything, to now letting them off the hook completely despite clear evidence of lines crossed.
There ya' go.

I think this post is dead nuts on. It reflects my feelings, exactly.

And the irony of the Hebrew Israelites skating, is not lost on me either.

I mean how ****ing far gone do you have to be in order to think MLK would be remotely ok with that.

Maybe apdst was watching some old episodes of The Boondocks?

Whoa. I had to Google that. Yep. Blackface while leading the school fight song, directed at an African-American sports team.

Now the interesting question, is:

"Is it the same fight song used against the Hebrew Israelites"?

(the video has subsequently been removed)

DxbCfL1UcAAOSCK.jpg

Check a little further into that photo. Also look where most of those students eyes are directed. Not on the black player.

Whoa. I had to Google that. Yep. Blackface while leading the school fight song, directed at an African-American sports team.

Jeeees, man, it's blackout, not blackface.
It goes back about 10 years.

In 2008 the NYT run an article on that "new phenomenon". I don't have a subscription to the NYT, but if you do, google: NYT basketball blackout Johnny Cash.

Did you watch the video in its entirety?

Apparently not.

A Black group of demonstrators was hurling racial slurs at the students from Covington Catholic. You can hear it on the video.

Would MLK be OK with that?

---Okay stop for a moment. The fact that they had black skin has less to do with their behavior than their so called "religion".
Those folks call themselves the "Black Israelites".

Their behavior and their beliefs aren't very well accepted by Jews OR Christians. Wonder why?
Martin Luther King wouldn't have had a thing to do with them and I suspect neither would Malcolm X, on the other end of the spectrum.

The irrefutable fact that the Black demonstrators were hurling racial slurs at the students is the whole entire reason Nathan Phillips voluntarily of his own free will walked away from the group he was demonstrating with and approached the students.

Phillips approached the wrong group. He should have approached the Blacks, invaded their personal face, and got in their faces and chanted and beat his drum.

It's a pretty good educated guess that the group of Indian drummers at that location have probably been there for years, even decades. They've been documented countless times by the news media and even immortalized in a few pop music videos, even one that I was lucky enough to work on in the 1990's.

It's just a very brief glimpse but if you watch carefully you will see them.

LIQUID JESUS - "Stand"

What I'm getting at is, it's likely that the Black Israelites and the Native American drummers probably HAVE gotten into it at least a few times in the past down there. All those scattered and multi-varied protest groups have made something of a cottage industry down in that part of DC. Muttering about racist black men and using a fringe group like the Israelites is a bit of an old chestnut and carries zero weight. Those guys hate EVERYBODY, including other black people.

And the Indians walk up to people and drum at them all the time like it's the ordinary thing to do, because it is what Indian drummers do, even to other Indians. So that too, is probably a bit of an old chestnut as well.

And the oldest chestnut of them all is the notion that the sponsors who bring young and innocent school kids down there are doing it not guessing that the kids will get an eyeful and an earful of stuff they've never seen and heard before.
Given that the sponsors who herd these young kids down there are based mostly in DC itself, it's a pretty good guess that those sponsors know full well what is going to happen.
It's what THEY do.

This sequence of events and the BuzzFeed sequence of ebents has show the mirror to the lefists revealing only Dorean Grey for all to see.

Still rather doubtful it'll change their hatred of anything not-left, as both sequence of events and their outcomrs were driven by confirmation bias.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Covington HS has cancelled classed for today. As of yesterday, they've taken down their social media and website.
I hope they can keep their students safe through this phony outrage and scapegoating for all the Left's anger.

And "racist gestures"? Cut me a break. On Sunday, millions watched the Kansas City Chiefs' fans do the tomahawk chop by the thousands. Where's the outrage?

The reaction to these kids' behavior has been over-the-top-dangerous.

What ever happened to wanting to protect our school kids? Schools should be safe, unless it's a predominantly white, Catholic school, apparently.

"March For Life" high school kids=bad
"March For Our Lives" high school kids=heroes

Got it?

I just read your post about hoping people get their heads kicked in.

That's ****ing sick. And right in keeping with the new "MAGA" hate book.

I cannot think of anything more sick than wishing harm on another person.

They're communists; no different than fascists. Both are human garbage.

Now the interesting question, is:

"Is it the same fight song used against the Hebrew Israelites"?

(the video has subsequently been removed)

DxbCfL1UcAAOSCK.jpg

Apparently that's for their 'black out' tradition, to show support during games. But that's pretty tone-deaf and tacky if I'm gonna be totally honest.

This is one of the dangers with zealot reactions generating false stories or misrepresentations of alleged racism, sexism, etc..

It start's with "fake news" followed by, or founded on "twitterstorms" designed to scapegoat a target. This creates the proper levels of mass "anger" and "outrage" leading to "righteous action" against said target.

It is one of the things I fear most about our "information age" society, dependent on "Likes" and "Dislikes" to determine what is right and wrong; never realizing they can thereby be led by the nose like any old-school lynch mob.

Funny thing is, though...it still has to be a *little* believable to work.

Is the story the "fake news", or is the story how many people were ready to believe the "fake news"? I think it's pretty clear what "MAGA" has come to represent for a large portion of your citizenry. Even when wrong, people are like "meh", because they were only wrong about Trump supporters, and who cares about that? If you're wrong once, you're right the other nine times... :shrug:

I'm not saying that attitude is right, just that it's the attitude...and that doesn't happen in a vacuum. That kind of perception can't be done TO you...that's something you earn. Were I right leaning, I think I'd be saying to myself, and maybe to my like minded friends, if I had the balls "Dang, what did we do to get viewed this way? How did making America great become turning America to garbage?"

I know, I know, it'll be the other guy's fault, at least in public. It wouldn't do to budge. But maybe it's time to privately start asking yourselves some hard questions...starting with how did your choice of president impact your credibility and overall desirability in society so negatively. How does the Right improve their image, if only to get their fair share of the benefit of the doubt?

Whole bunch of universal you's in there, bud...not accusing you of anything specific with this. Forgive my clumsy writing.

The instant they show up with their faces covered and trespass on school property, they should all be arrested.

I mean how ****ing far gone do you have to be in order to think MLK would be remotely ok with that.

Pretty far gone if you think its ok for adults to harass teenagers waiting for their bus.

ANTIFA communists are going after high school kids.
What could go wrong? :lamo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...holic-school-over-far-left-fake-news-scandal/

Do you usually get your news from The Gateway Pundit? They're about as far right as a media source can get.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

I googled but could not find corroboration. In any case, so what? 1st Amendment gives them the right to protest.

Do you usually get your news from The Gateway Pundit? They're about as far right as a media source can get.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

I googled but could not find corroboration. In any case, so what? 1st Amendment gives them the right to protest.

How well has Buzzfeed and CNN been doing lately? :lamo

How rich to attack "right wing" sources when this WHOLE debacle is predicated on CNN and the NYT's heavily-edited, biased, cherry-picked video with anti-Trump agenda narrative?
Just look at what their "journalism" has given us:

maga kids wood chipper tweet.JPG

But yeah, "muh Gateway Pundit orange man bad"

Yeah, been a while since anyone in the Dem party has given them any credit for anything. Still, they base their views off that party and are as attached as gatewaypundit is to the rational right wing.

They are both loons and fringe and not worth taking seriously, but the difference is still the same. ANTIFA is violent in addition to being crazy. GP is just crazy.

The Democratic party never gave antifa groups credit.

Personally, I think that if you feel you must wear a mask in order to carry out your agenda, you're a coward with a weak agenda.

The Democratic party never gave antifa groups credit.

Personally, I think that if you feel you must wear a mask in order to carry out your agenda, you're a coward with a weak agenda.

Nice avatar!

Totally agree with your assessment. AN TIFA is fringe and insane. They represent nothing of the Democratic party

How well has Buzzfeed and CNN been doing lately? :lamo

I don't take their word for anything, either, but neither of them are as extreme as The Gateway Pundit. May as well get your "news" from that nut job at Infowars.

I like to look things up. That way, I get a pretty good sense of which sources are fair and do their jobs well, verifying their own sources. Once they lie, I go back to verifying their stories for myself. I don't like rhetoric, which is pretty much all you get from a lot of web sites.

Nice avatar!

Totally agree with your assessment. AN TIFA is fringe and insane. They represent nothing of the Democratic party

One of my all-time favorite fictional characters. Glad you like it!

Back
Top Bottom