• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

I am a Republican and:

• I'm not fed up with Trump, but he should be removed from office.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wow! After having read the first page of posts (~30 on my PC), not one person has addressed the actual thread topics:
  • The nature and extent of Republican exasperation with Trump.
  • The proximate share of DP's participating GOP-ers who are exasperated with Trump.
  • The nature and extent, writ large, of Republican exasperation with Trump.
Are GOP-ers here literally incapable of credibly, maturely, with gravitas discussing dynamics in their own party?

I mean, really. The one thing on which I'd expect GOP-ers to have portfolio and thus be able and willing to engage robustly and with sophistication, with nuance, and they don't.

The aforementioned quiescence is bizarre, particularly in comparison to Dem's, who, based on my observations at lunch this afternoon, have no trouble discussing multiple dynamics within their party. They fluently identify, detail and extemporaneously expound upon and ponder multiple extant phenomena within their party, their interrelationships, synergies among them, risks and mitigating factors pertinent to them, vitiators -- philosophical and pragmatic -- among them, etc.

Here GOP-ers are bid to do so with regard to one, just one dynamic within their party and, not one in the first 25-30 posts has taken up to do so. Astounding....The closest folks came was to discuss themselves....Okay, that's nice to know, but that's what the poll is for. Beyond that, "you" don't matter. (Just as I, or any other single individual, don't. It's not about me.)

Have I made any pro-impeachment statements? Typical rightie, assuming they know what others are not saying.

I don't want him impeached so much as I want him voted out in 2020, because when he leaves that office, there will be handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit waiting for him. There are still many aspects of Trump's crooked business dealings that are under investigation. Running for president was the biggest mistake of his life, and that was already a really high bar.

Red:
See post 52. From what I can tell, GOP-ers here don't know their own party well enough to discuss the one trend within it and upon which they've been asked to expound.

Lol you shifted the goalposts just to get a jab at Obama. Im not letting you get away with your original claim. Give it a rest kiddo:lamo

I didn't shift anything, it's fact is that Obama borrowed 10 trillion in just 8 yrs doubling our national debt and all we got for it was "the worst recover in US HISTORY" Hey the truth hurts, but I can't help you on that one.

Are you kidding?

Sanctions on Russia Are Working

And then there's the Magnitsky Act, which goes beyond mere sanctions and was behind the infamous June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower, arranged by Veselnitskaya and attended by Manafort, Kushner, and Junior.

Why Does the Kremlin Care So Much About the Magnitsky Act? - The Atlantic

Magnitsky Act - Wikipedia

Always follow the money.

Follow the money...did you know or care that Veselinitsdaya meet before and after the Trump tower meeting with Clinton Fusion GPS?

Fusion GPS official met with Russian operative before and after Trump Jr. sit-down | Fox News

It appears there are Republicans for whom Trump's shenanigans, reprehensibility, banality, etc., topped off by the Mueller Report, is beyond the pale. Those GOP-ers are ready to see Trump impeached.

I wonder what proximate share of DP's participating GOP-ers they comprise, thus this thread. Do any such GOP-ers even participate here?

Poll Question (BTW, if you're not a Republican, don't vote in the poll.):

I am a Republican and:

1. [*=1]I'm not fed up with Trump.
    [*=1]I'm not fed up with Trump, but he should be removed from office.
    [*=1]I want Trump impeached, but not removed from office.
    [*=1]I want Trump removed from office.

About the only think I'm fed up with is all the crying about Trump.

Your all focused on impeaching Trump for the wrong reasons.

The biggest threat of Trumps presidency is the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit he's running.

Stop wasting your time on the Mueller Report.

Can't the liberals do something productive and talk about the debt, or does that go against your sense of entitlement, when the government doesn't solve your problems by spending?

Last edited:
I am a republican and I want Trump removed from office.

Your all focuses on impeaching Trump for the wrong reasons.

The biggest threat of Trumps presidency is the 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit he's running.

Stop wasting your time on the Mueller Report.

Can't the liberals do something productive and talk about the debt, or does that go against your sense of entitlement, when the government doesn't solve your problems by spending?

Just when I tought I was teh only American in the country that cared about the debt.

There are 2 of us!

Just when I tought I was teh only American in the country that cared about the debt.

There are 2 of us!

I'm Canadian and I'm freaking out about your Debt.

Like seriously, do we need to build a wall to keep you guys out once you cause another great depression?

Things are getting so desperate, we got white Americans jumping our border.

Last edited:
I'm Canadian and I'm freaking out about your Debt.

Like seriously, do we need to build a wall to keep you guys out once you cause another great depression?

Things are getting so desperate, we got white Americans jumping our border.

So I am still all alone among 325 million Americans. :shock:

I didn't shift anything, it's fact is that Obama borrowed 10 trillion in just 8 yrs doubling our national debt and all we got for it was "the worst recover in US HISTORY" Hey the truth hurts, but I can't help you on that one.

You shifted the goalposts when i proved you wrong. You said nothing of Obama and left the goalpost wide open. Try harder kiddo.

So I am still all alone among 325 million Americans. :shock:

I'm sorry to say it, but you're country is full of spoiled idiots, living off their grandparents wealth.

One of the dumbest mistakes is not giving jobs to the homeless. You could be using their taxes to pay down the debt. Instead you spend money on prisons, to lock them up when they get desperate.

Last edited:
You shifted the goalposts when i proved you wrong. You said nothing of Obama and left the goalpost wide open. Try harder kiddo.

Yeah I know you hate the idea that the guy you voted for twice borrowed 10 Trillion in just 8 yrs doubling the national debt. For Trump to match your great Obama, Trump has to borrow 20 Trillion in 8 yrs.

I'm sorry to say it, but you're country is full of spoiled idiots, living off their grandparents wealth.

That is true in the heartland, the red states.

When blacks were enslaved they were given free land which has been handed down to this day.

But all is fair in their minds and blacks are just lazy.

Make fools of themselves, Go for impeachment

Well they have a few card carrying fools leading the way! Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib plans to file soon
an impeachment resolution against President Donald Trump, the freshmen Democratic lawmaker from
Michigan announced at a news conference Wednesday. This isn't the first time Tlaib has pressed for impeachment.
The freshman Democrat ignited controversy just hours after her swearing in when she defiantly told the audience
at a progressive event, "we're going to impeach the motherf****r."

AOC from NY revealed her intentions on Twitter, vowing to sign onto the resolution put forward by fellow
freshman lawmaker Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., last month. The new leaders of the Democratic Party will
partner up with fellow freshman Omar to get things moving in the right direction!

Quite a group leading the charge:
AOC who recently uttered the noteworthy line "We Need to ‘Invent Technology That’s Never Been Invented’?”
While ally Tlieb was happy that a photograph of her being arrested is being removed from Facebook to protect her reputation.
The new congresswomen of this diverse America moving the country along in a new direction doing what they please
& doing so with apparent ease!

Yeah I know you hate the idea that the guy you voted for twice borrowed 10 Trillion in just 8 yrs doubling the national debt. For Trump to match your great Obama, Trump has to borrow 20 Trillion in 8 yrs.

Hey man... I'm all for MAGA and the conservative moment, but ya need someone like Ron Paul...

Trump has increased the debt by 1.47 Trillion between July 2017 and July 2018.

Trump is currently spending more money than the 1.3 Obama did during his third year.

U.S. Posts Largest-Ever Monthly Budget Deficit in February

Last edited:

Go back to your original post. Im not letting you change the subject unless you admit your original post was wrong:

The answer that I would give is not in the poll. I'm fed up with Trump, don't want him impeached, and want him removed in 2020 by losing the election.

They're going to answer that they want Trump impeached but not removed from office as they think that benefits them politically not because they think he should be impeached.

Polling shows ~41 percent support for impeachment so if you think it's going to happen you're dreaming. Democrats will just talk about it for months until it peters out. They'll do the most important investigations that damage Trump but keep it to a minimum so as to not annoy the public with too much of it.

So now that you're prediction has been proven wrong by the results shown in the thread poll, what do you predict next?

It's 1:20 here. We have whiskey before breakfast around here.

4/20 is not a time setting, it's a date. Like, last Saturday. Sorry, with a user name like humbolt, I assumed you understood the reference.

Liberal talking points, "Damning" and "party before country". There has never been a president before Trump that puts country first. Yes Trump is all about the USA winning, look at his policies.

Half of his policies are against the law.

The Muslim travel and immigration ban, struck down by how many courts?

Separating children from parents when they legally apply for asylum?

The border wall, and stealing funds from other projects for it?

Giving the uber-wealthy the biggest tax break ever, thereby exploding the budget deficit?

Trying to repeal the ACA while having absolutely NOTHING to replace it?

Cutting Medicaid, leaving millions without basic care, f I rcing them back to using the ER as their only option? (Do you have any idea how much that costs the rest of us?)

Barring transgender people from serving in our military?

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. Yes, I'm familiar with his policies, and most of them are counterproductive or stupid and mean. The only thing I can think of that I approve is his stopping foreign aid money to Pakistan. Those people are not our friends.

Please go for impeachment, fun watching the Liberals making fools of themselves.

That isn't up to me. And I would much rather see him pounded at the polls.

Half of his policies are against the law.

The Muslim travel and immigration ban, struck down by how many courts?

Separating children from parents when they legally apply for asylum?

The border wall, and stealing funds from other projects for it?

Giving the uber-wealthy the biggest tax break ever, thereby exploding the budget deficit?

Trying to repeal the ACA while having absolutely NOTHING to replace it?

Cutting Medicaid, leaving millions without basic care, f I rcing them back to using the ER as their only option? (Do you have any idea how much that costs the rest of us?)

Barring transgender people from serving in our military?

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point. Yes, I'm familiar with his policies, and most of them are counterproductive or stupid and mean. The only thing I can think of that I approve is his stopping foreign aid money to Pakistan. Those people are not our friends.

Our allies look on in horror.

Back
Top Bottom