• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:121] Republicans for Impeachment

I am a Republican and:

• I'm not fed up with Trump, but he should be removed from office.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
??? Are you thinking I bought that house to flip it?

I didn't; I still own it, but I don't live in it. I bought the house because I wanted to live in the center of the city, because it was within my budget, and because I thought it'd be cool/fun to renovate/have a house and thereby have it conform to my will.

I didn't know whether it'd be my "forever" home -- it could have been for with about 1000 sq. feet per level, it's plenty roomy enough -- but once we had kids, my wife wanted a larger home and a "proper" yard, so we moved. If I sell my current house, there's a fair chance I'll move back to that house.

Yes. The way I read your post, it looked like you were buying it to either remodel and sell, or rent.

Yeah I know you hate the idea that the guy you voted for twice borrowed 10 Trillion in just 8 yrs doubling the national debt. For Trump to match your great Obama, Trump has to borrow 20 Trillion in 8 yrs.

Both parties are as guilty as sin for the debt...all the way back to Bush and continuing to both Obama and Trump. Both parties voted for increased spending. Republican on increasing military spending and democrat increasing entitlements.
But it seems to me with all the free stuff most of the current democratic field of presidential candidates just wants to add to that debt.
If someone on the left got into office and implemented their foolhardy plans it would it would cost more than this country's entire networth in debt.

??? Are you thinking I bought that house to flip it?

I didn't; I still own it, but I don't live in it. I bought the house because I wanted to live in the center of the city, because it was within my budget, and because I thought it'd be cool/fun to renovate/have a house and thereby have it conform to my will.

I didn't know whether it'd be my "forever" home -- it could have been for with about 1000 sq. feet per level, it's plenty roomy enough -- but once we had kids, my wife wanted a larger home and a "proper" yard, so we moved. If I sell my current house, there's a fair chance I'll move back to that house.

Yes. The way I read your post, it looked like you were buying it to either remodel and sell, or rent.
Red:
Okay.

Blue:
I did remodel it and take tenants, but the remodelling was primarily so I could live in it, not so I could rent it. Back then, the renovations were the goal and the tenants were a means to an end: cashflow. Now, generating income from tenants is the goal, and maintain the property to a standard that abets achieving that end; however, that goal evolved into being rather than being a goal at the outset.

Both parties are as guilty as sin for the debt...all the way back to Bush and continuing to both Obama and Trump. Both parties voted for increased spending. Republican on increasing military spending and democrat increasing entitlements.
But it seems to me with all the free stuff most of the current democratic field of presidential candidates just wants to add to that debt.
If someone on the left got into office and implemented their foolhardy plans it would it would cost more than this country's entire networth in debt.

Red:
Can you point to any credible analysis that shows that to be so?

Attachments

• US Financial Position 2014.jpg
    US Financial Position 2014.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 36
Red:
Can you point to any credible analysis that shows that to be so?

I was just being facetious and trying to make a point as to how much the foolishness of the left will cost this country in the long run.

Let people vote when the time comes.

I was just being facetious and trying to make a point as to how much the foolishness of the left will cost this country in the long run.

Red:
That's not an unreasonable point to make; in fact, it's a point well worth making. But one of the elements needed to make it effectively is credible quantification. Absent that, the so-called point is not so much facetious but rather specious.

Back
Top Bottom