• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:104:1192]Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops

Re: [W:104]Iran state TV: Tehran fires at Iraqi base housing US troops

I have as much use for mercenaries as the Hague does.

Then you dont like the United States military as currently composed. A very large portion of the logistics and maintenance is done by contractors. Professional military doesn't talk strategy or tactics they talk logistics. DFAC's are run by contractors almost to exclusivity these days.

Blinked? They just called your bluff. So much for a “proxy attack”. Iran just shoved it right back down your throats.

They missed on purpose and have announced they're yelling calf rope. Those scared mother****ers just blinked and now they're backing down.

Obama was responsible for ISIS, the Syrian war and Libya — that was in civil war 10 years ago? Who knew?

You claimed the ME was stable until Trump. Nothing Rising Sun said had anything to do with blaming Obama. But I get it. When a person gets so embarrassingly proven wrong some just have to lash out

But I'm not too hopeful that Trump will keep his small fingers off his smartphone's keyboard.
And the Iranians will be thinking the same.

Between 30-40 of them died during a stampede at Soleimani's funeral. There's something about Islam that turns otherwise civilized people into wild animals when they gather in large groups.

They're barbaric.

Iran blinked. Trump should mock them and talk ****, at the least.

Why? To force their hand into actually killing Americans? Is that what you want???

I bet next you will claim politicians are people and not really evil beings who feed on the souls of children, the politicians are putting chemicals in the water turning iranians gay and hostile!

oh yeah if you want a serious laugh listen to alex jones!

when-everyone-calls-you-crazy-for-saying-hollywood-is-ran-50145143.png

And showing weakness in combat means your side will be gumming their MREs.
One is far stronger using your head than your glands. We are in a far worse and weaker situation now.

The assassination was intended to deter further Iranian attacks, administration officials said. How’s that working out? It provoked a missile attack an strengthened the Iraqi government instead of causing regime change.

Murdering the leadership of another government is an act of war.

So is shooting at their armed forces.

If the Soviets had killed the director of the CIA in an air strike, would he have "gotten what he deserved" for arming Afghani terrorists that murdered Soviet soldiers?

First solemani did a lot more then just arm some rebels and secondly I can't say I wouldnt blame the Soviets for doing it. Any country that allows others to kill is citizens and get away with it is just asking for more of the same.

You claimed the ME was stable until Trump. Nothing Rising Sun said had anything to do with blaming Obama. But I get it. When a person gets so embarrassingly proven wrong some just have to lash out
I said the U.S./Iran relationship was stable until Trump came along.

They missed on purpose and have announced they're yelling calf rope. Those scared mother****ers just blinked and now they're backing down.

I truly hope that’s the case. Still nothing official yet though in terms of casualty reports.

The correct response to this, given the lack of American casualties, is "nothing at all."

We don't even acknowledge that it happened. Just GRIN into the camera and waggle your eyebrows. Dude can sleep with one eye open for the next few weeks.

This seems like a show for the cameras much more than it seems like a legitimate military strike.

Right now I think I agree with the assessment being bandied about that no casualties was by design.

Blinked? They just called your bluff. So much for a “proxy attack”. Iran just shoved it right back down your throats.

What did they shove back down our throats? Apparently they didn't kill any Americans. Why should we be concerned if some Iraqi buildings in the middle of the desert got damaged? This seems like a voluntary miss, and the fact that they are calling it "proportionate" (it isn't) and saying that this was their retaliation, is a HUGE blink. They are backing down and kind of simulating an attack for their domestic public, taking care of not actually damaging anything American or killing any American.

Best possible outcome, for me.

Zarif even said "we do not seek escalation or war."

Huge blink.

This seems like a show for the cameras much more than it seems like a legitimate military strike.

Right now I think I agree with the assessment being bandied about that no casualties was by design.

Yeah, I don't see how you could miss without trying to miss.

The way I see it, Sheldon Adelson and the rest of the neocons have been pushing Trump towards war with Iran since his inauguration. I guess it was only a matter of time.

This war is 100% the fault of Trump and the neocons. There is no blame to be had anywhere else. And the whole world agrees.
Yep solemaini and the Iranian government has no responsibility for the hundreds of US citizens they killed. None what so ever.

Do you even hear the crap you say or has TDS completly ruined your ability to think rationally.

Just started a freaken war? Where have you been? We have been putting up with countless number of attacks on our troops over the past months by Iranian proxies not just in Syria and Iraq. Today it was revealed Iran has been behind attacks on our troops in Afghanistan and Yemen.

Trump was not around when all these conflicts began. They occurred from previous administrations. But thanks to Obama turning over mega dollars to Iran in the middle of the night has provided them with big BUCKS to continue their terrorist activities. Thanks Obama!

Right now it is quiet in Iraq and the reports are there are no reported American casualties and 10 out of 14 missiles hit their targets.

It was just and right for the U.S. to take out Soleimani and his Hezbollah side kick as they were completely behind the escalated attacks against our troops in Iraq, Syria, and other places.

Nobody wants war but if Iran wants to continue this **** then if I were someone who works at the Iranian oil refineries at this time would be a good time to take a vacation.
The WH has been very measured in its responses. He is not going to make any comments tonight but is waiting for the full assessment. There will be a response to Iran's aggression. Get a grip.
Well, it is starting to look like Iran's leadership fired off missiles into the sand to appease the citizenry. So hopefully Trump cools his jets, and it all ends here.

Why? To force their hand into actually killing Americans? Is that what you want???

To project our superiority. That's why. Remind Iran that were the big dog. Tonights halfassed attack proves they don't want a taste of this. We need to exploit their fear and use it to control them.

What did they shove back down our throats? Apparently they didn't kill any Americans. Why should we be concerned if some Iraqi buildings in the middle of the desert got damaged? This seems like a voluntary miss, and the fact that they are calling it "proportionate" (it isn't) and saying that this was their retaliation, is a HUGE blink. They are backing down and kind of simulating an attack for their domestic public, taking care of not actually damaging anything American or killing any American.

Best possible outcome, for me.

Zarif even said "we do not seek escalation or war."

Huge blink.

Good. Better than good.

If this is where it stops, all parties can call themselves lucky.

So is shooting at their armed forces.

The United States contrived a situation to force a war that didn't have to happen.

First solemani did a lot more then just arm some rebels and secondly I can't say I wouldnt blame the Soviets for doing it. Any country that allows others to kill is citizens and get away with it is just asking for more of the same.

The US and USSR did that during the Cold War

It bears mentioning that as well as this turned out, it could also be Iran just getting us to relax a bit, before hitting us with something we DIDN'T expect.

Then why is everyone telling me he was a terrorist? Is that a Trump talking point?

Because he directed terrorist attacks.

Just because some on the left want to pretend he wasn't so they can blame Trump for killing him doesn't mean it's not true.

Yeah, I was just called a Trump fan warmonger, if you can believe that.

Boy, did dude have the wrong number.

Welcome to my club. I was never for the war in Iraq. In fact, I am not for any future wars... so sick of being mislabeled but at the same time, I don't suffer fools, many, who I know are using their politics to blame what's been happening between us and Iran on Trump. I know Trump does not want another ground war, but that doesn't mean he should allow the Iranians to keep poking us. He is not the president to appease or pretend Iranian hasn't been provocative.

Back
Top Bottom