• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1027] Abortion Semantics: "Unborn Children"

If you were compelled to earn that money through sex, that would be a breach of bodily autonomy. If you choose to earn it though sex, it is not. At best, paying taxes is a breech of financial autonomy, assuming such a thing exists.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

If the government can compel people to pay taxes, then it should also be able to compel women to not murder the unborn.

If the government can compel people to pay taxes, then it should also be able to compel women to not murder the unborn.
Maybe the government should compel better education to the ignorants who post crap like you do.

Maybe the government should compel better education to the ignorants who post crap like you do.

Your butt seems to be hurting.

Not al all but the ignorance and stupidity in your posts is glaring.

If you think my posts are ignorant and stupid, by all means tear them apart. But let's keep the insults to a minimum, OK?

Nobody said it is not human so go and learn to read and spear us your moronic uneducated crap.

People who think we should show love and respect for puppies should also call for others to show love and respect for human babies.

The govt has specifically recognized that abortion is not murder, (no arrests, no charges :roll:)...why would they choose to compel women not to have abortions?

It's like the people that claim the same thing for paying taxes, comparing it to slavery. :roll:
ROFL! I'll bet you wrote that before you saw my own response using taxes as a comparison to Wan responding to this post.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Just curious, but what does it cost to have an abortion? Anyone know?

False...you were viable, obviously.

And aside from early birth...were you diagnosed with any other medical issues? I'm guessing no.

You people really take the cake. Sorry, your remote viewing skills aren't what you think they are, I'll take my mom's word over yours.

False...you were viable, obviously.

And aside from early birth...were you diagnosed with any other medical issues? I'm guessing no.

You people really take the cake. Sorry, your remote viewing skills aren't what you think they are, I'll take my mom's word over yours.

Viable just means you were indeed able to survive after premature delivery even if it took lots of extra ordinary medical help and / or medical equipment to help you survive.

"Viability," is when an unborn child can survive, albeit with assistance, outside of the womb.

You were born ...you survived (even though it took a lot of hard work put in by doctors and maybe much equipment )...Therefore you were viable.

Last edited:
If you think my posts are ignorant and stupid, by all means tear them apart. But let's keep the insults to a minimum, OK?
Now truth is an insult? Only for those who post ignorant drivel.

You know, I was born at 24 weeks into my mother's pregnancy, and I was very much a human being, I have the pictures to prove it.

And I'm not the only one, so I wish you guys would drop this kabuki dance over what a human being is and is not.
Amazing!

hat was your length and weight at birth?

How did they help you breathe?

Amazing!

hat was your length and weight at birth?

How did they help you breathe?

I'm also curious. I know someone who gave birth at 6 months back in 2001. The baby was in an ICU they called the "million dollar baby ward", because that was about what those babies cost to nurse to the point of being ready for release. I don't remember the birth stats, but the kid is blind in one eye, legally deaf, had a heart defect that required surgery and had a few developmental issues on top. He did live, which according to the docs was a lucky thing in that situation.

You know, I was born at 24 weeks into my mother's pregnancy, and I was very much a human being, I have the pictures to prove it.

And I'm not the only one, so I wish you guys would drop this kabuki dance over what a human being is and is not.
It is not a dance just simple facts and clearly you do not have them.

So you werent viable?

Then who is posting here on the forum under your avatar? :roll:

Viable just means you were indeed able to survive after premature delivery even if it took lots of extra ordinary medical help and / or medical equipment to help you survive.

"Viability," is when an unborn child can survive, albeit with assistance, outside of the womb.

You were born ...you survived (even though it took a lot of hard work put in by doctors and maybe much equipment )...Therefore you were viable.

Yes, doctor, can I see your license and time travel device?

"Viability" isn't even a medical term, it is a legal term that didn't exist back then, and the way you people throw it around is anachronistic.

So you werent viable?

Then who is posting here on the forum under your avatar? :roll:

By you own definition I wasn't viable because I could not have existed outside the womb on my own. See Wikipedia's page on fetal viability, it reads "viability exists as a function of biomedical and technological capacities, which are different in different parts of the world".

Your definition of viability, which did not exist back then, does not apply.

By you own definition I wasn't viable because I could not have existed outside the womb on my own. See Wikipedia's page on fetal viability, it reads "viability exists as a function of biomedical and technological capacities, which are different in different parts of the world".

Sorry, that's a no-go. No infant can survive 'on its own.'

The actual point is that with support, the physiological systems of the unborn are capable of sustaining life outside the womb.

Altho 24 weeks is today's 'estimate' of viability, if an infant is born (early labor/induced labor/cesarean) at 24 weeks and dies...it wasnt viable, no matter how much outside support it had. If its born under the same circumstances at 30 weeks and dies...it wasnt viable.

Your story is amazing.

At 24 weeks, what was your length and weight?

I am a nurse, so I am curious how they helped your breathing back in the early 50's. How did they get you past the feeding issues back then?

I find it way cool that before our bells and whistles of the 21st century that a tiny one in the early 1950's could have survived without it.

Your story is amazing.

I am a nurse, so I am curious how they helped your breathing back in the early 50's. How did they get you past the feeding issues back then?

I find it way cool that before our bells and whistles of the 21st century that a tiny one in the early 1950's could have survived without it.

One of my church friends was a 'miracle' baby. She was (just) less than 1 lb when born in 1959. She had no medical issues as a kid or teen.

And her parents named her Faith :)

Your story is amazing.

My weight was right around 2 lbs. Don't remember the length, I'd have to look that up, and I will when I get home.

I remember my mom saying something about an incubator which I guess can vary your oxygen supply and keep you warm. She had this information in a baby book, I'll look when I get home. I'll also look to see if I have a picture with a feeding tube inserted.

Mom said the nurses used to say things like "I have to feed the peanut" and I thought there were pipettes involved.

This was a long time ago, the details aren't clear any more. I was wondering exactly what my odds were because I want to know what kind of a feat they pulled off. Seems like a Herculean task.

Last edited:
My weight was right around 2 lbs. Don't remember the length, I'd have to look that up, and I will when I get home.

I remember my mom saying something about an incubator which I guess can vary your oxygen supply and keep you warm. She had this information in a baby book, I'll look when I get home. I'll also look to see if I have a picture with a feeding tube inserted.

Mom said the nurses used to say things like "I have to feed the peanut" and I thought there were pipettes involved.

This was a long time ago, the details aren't clear any more. I was wondering exactly what my odds were because I want to know what kind of a feat they pulled off. Seems like a Herculean task.

Sounds closer to 26 plus weeks or the date of conception was off. It is highly possible they used a different metric. Instead of limp like now ....they might have used actual fetal age.

Either way I am glad you are with us!

Sounds closer to 26 plus weeks or the date of conception was off. It is highly possible they used a different metric. Instead of limp like now ....they might have used actual fetal age.

Either way I am glad you are with us!

Mom said "six months". That's all I have to go by. I used to have some kind of a document that had my footprints on it, I don't know what it was. My birth certificate is a pretty standard affair.

So, no idea on what my odds really were?

Back
Top Bottom