• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vindman Under 24-Hour Protection

He is entitled to be recognized properly, just as we do not call POTUS Mr. Trump, and even Nunes is called Congressman. Nunes was being a dick, and you defend him for some reason.

If he’s entitled, show me where this entitlement derives from. It seems you are implying civilians should know and follow military customs.

So stating someone is politically opposed now creates a danger worthy of 24 hour protection?

There has to be more to this. I don’t get what the reaction is over or how anyone can claim that statement endangers anyone.

Insanity.

Well some MAGA-fanatics may want to shake those who's not licking Trump's backside.

Poor snowflake. Vindman and his testimony is not free from criticism. He’s not a victim. He’s not being attacked. And there is no real threat.

This is just more fabricated drama by Democrats to make a new issue since everyone previous one has fallen apart.

Exactly! Nothing but Kabuki theater. Vidman isn't under any threat. And if he is being sequestered by these democrat operatives, it is likely only so that when the leaker is named.... and he will be named soon; so that the claim will be that Vidman did not expose the leaker.

The complete idiocy of this Democratic controlled house impeachment hearing is that under the rules of evidence none of this hearsay evidence would be allowed in any possible Senate trial--- so this dog and pony show would go nowhere anyway.

The Democrats are throwing haymakers at this point. And if anything this inquiry has only further damaged Joe Biden. A candidate that Pelosi already realizes is sinking like a rock.

... :lamo ...

Would you find it amusing if you were one of the individuals Trump labeled a traitor who should be imprisoned or killed? Who had millions of deranged followers pointed in your direction?

Your POTUS has made it patently clear that "inexcusably douchy" behavior is what America stands for these days. So he's just exemplifying American values and morals. One more reason you're the biggest laughing stocks in the world.

Trump is a loudmouth and not exactly the most politically correct guy on the block but he isn't a pathetic punk like this Vindman seems to be.

Waiting for the "it's not a threat" crowd to chime in.

If there is a sincere threat I suggest Vidman may ask to be relocated to Ukraine. After all Vindman seems to be a patriot all right
patriotic to his land of birth. This was so obvious to the Ukies that he was offered the title of Ukraines Minister of Defense.

I think his wish should be granted with full pension & hopefully he will rethink taking the generous offer of the title of
Ukraines Minister of Defense. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Vindman has revealed more of a devotion to Ukraine
than the US. His actions should rivet our attention to the issue of dual loyalties in the hearts of men. Multicultural,
multireligous societies like the US recently has become have big identity problems.

Well some MAGA-fanatics may want to shake those who's not licking Trump's backside.

That’s appears to be the basis for protection. Which is insane.

Would you find it amusing if you were one of the individuals Trump labeled a traitor who should be imprisoned or killed? Who had millions of deranged followers pointed in your direction?

Pure fabrication.

Are you saying you dont suspect him as being the one feeding the WB information?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Can you tell me why we should care, at all? Either he's telling the truth or not. If he is and he 'fed' the WB, why does it matter? Is there some order, some method, that we should approve before the story comes out and if it's not in that order, we should not hear it or disregard it? I seriously don't get this obsession from some of you guys with the WB or who fed him information. We now KNOW the basic facts alleged are true, confirmed by testimony from those involved under oath.

Pure fabrication.

What do you think he meant when he said this then? That the whistle blower deserved a medal?

Basically, that person never saw the report, never saw the call, he never saw the call — heard something and decided that he or she, or whoever the hell they saw — they’re almost a spy. You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.

Trump threatens officials who gave information to Ukraine whistleblower - Vox

No, the term is "responding-to-false-accusations". :)

If he wants to claim the accusations are false, Trump should haul his fat ass up the steps and appear under oath. Not snipe at witnesses from the ****ing White House oval office, or the toilet, wherever it is he's allowed to use his phone these days. He's a disgrace.

Is that the word de jour for liars? Looking forward to Sondland's testimony tomorrow. Are there any boutique prisons he can request?

Me too. I have meetings in the morning so will have to record it, but he's got a pack of lies to clean up somehow, and I'll be interested in how he does it.

Wow! I just saw the exchange between Vindman and Nunes where Vindman came out with the "That's LtC, sir" bit. What a douchebag that guy is! He reminds me of a guy we promoted into a desk job just to get him out of our way on the line. That guy, like Vindman appears to be, was WAY more worried about appearances and sucking ass than he was about getting the job done. He was a rat, a whiner and utterly incapable of carrying out the simplest of tasks. Watching Vindman was a total flashback to that guy.

Helluva argument. Smear a 20 year veteran, who was at the time serving in the White House, as an incompetent because he went against Dear Leader. Does it make you feel proud of yourself?

You guys are just amazing to watch. There's no bottom to what you'll do to defend that moron occupying the White House.

He's entitled to be addressed by rank when dealing with other military members but not by civilians. Addressing him as Mr. is perfectly respectful and calling Nunes out for not using his rank is totally, completely, inexcusably douchy.

I kind of liked it - calling out Nunes whose role it appears in these hearing has been to be the designated asshole for the GOP. Goodness knows he's too dim to be of use in any other role.

Exactly! Nothing but Kabuki theater. Vidman isn't under any threat. And if he is being sequestered by these democrat operatives, it is likely only so that when the leaker is named.... and he will be named soon; so that the claim will be that Vidman did not expose the leaker.

The complete idiocy of this Democratic controlled house impeachment hearing is that under the rules of evidence none of this hearsay evidence would be allowed in any possible Senate trial--- so this dog and pony show would go nowhere anyway.

The Democrats are throwing haymakers at this point. And if anything this inquiry has only further damaged Joe Biden. A candidate that Pelosi already realizes is sinking like a rock.

Hearsay evidence! Drink!

Trump is a loudmouth and not exactly the most politically correct guy on the block but he isn't a pathetic punk like this Vindman seems to be.

LOL. It's amazing how everyone not a boot licking sycophant to Trump becomes a worthless POS to you guys. It's only interesting in how you guys will attack them, not whether. THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK ILL OF DEAR LEADER!! And the reverse is true. Whoever up there shreds their integrity the most and shows the least shame in defending that idiot in the WH becomes the 'star.'

If there is a sincere threat I suggest Vidman may ask to be relocated to Ukraine. After all Vindman seems to be a patriot all right
patriotic to his land of birth. This was so obvious to the Ukies that he was offered the title of Ukraines Minister of Defense.

I think his wish should be granted with full pension & hopefully he will rethink taking the generous offer of the title of
Ukraines Minister of Defense. It shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Vindman has revealed more of a devotion to Ukraine
than the US. His actions should rivet our attention to the issue of dual loyalties in the hearts of men. Multicultural,
multireligous societies like the US recently has become have big identity problems.

That's so shameful it's not even worthy of a sarcastic reply. All his entire family has done is serve THIS country, and it's not enough for you guys.

Wow! I just saw the exchange between Vindman and Nunes where Vindman came out with the "That's LtC, sir" bit. What a douchebag that guy is! He reminds me of a guy we promoted into a desk job just to get him out of our way on the line. That guy, like Vindman appears to be, was WAY more worried about appearances and sucking ass than he was about getting the job done. He was a rat, a whiner and utterly incapable of carrying out the simplest of tasks. Watching Vindman was a total flashback to that guy.

LOL! "The line" from a Chair Force guy. Vindman was army infantry with a Combat Infantryman's Badge and a purple heart. The depths you cultists will go to smear people who don't do what Trump wants is astounding.

What repubs cannot grasp is that if Schiff did reveal who he was, and he is verbally attacked by repubs, and is threatened by Trump's fanboy crazies, he could get hurt, and then there would never ever be any more whistleblowers, or there would be few, and future wrongdoings by powerful people and presidents who commit crimes can more easily get away with it.

I don't understand why repubs cannot understand something so simple, something so vital to our democracy, than protecting a whistleblower.

They grasp it and they don't care, they're all self-serving hypocrites who have sold their souls to their disgusting leader. They don't care about American people or our democracy. Since Trump has lead so many weak-minded followers into his corruption, my view of republicans has gone down the $hitter, they are showing their true colors. What's currently going on in our country is truly damned, I can only hope that they all pay greatly for what they're doing. America does not deserve this. :twisted:

If he wants to claim the accusations are false, Trump should haul his fat ass up the steps and appear under oath. Not snipe at witnesses from the ****ing White House oval office, or the toilet, wherever it is he's allowed to use his phone these days. He's a disgrace.

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure he's on the $hitter for most of his tweeting, those cheeseburgers will bind you up and he can't read a newspaper or magazine for his crap time too illiterate, so he plays on his phone at the expense of the American people. What a lowly piece of trash.

LOL! "The line" from a Chair Force guy. Vindman was army infantry with a Combat Infantryman's Badge and a purple heart. The depths you cultists will go to smear people who don't do what Trump wants is astounding.

So does Bowe Bergdhal.

Think about what's written below for a minute.

Stunning. No?

There are enough unhinged Trumpsters out there I suspect that Vindman and/or his family have received credible death threats.

Oh, don't get me wrong. If some whack job were to attack him, and do so in the name of Dear Leader, I would never even suggest that Trump would bear any responsibility whatsoever. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom