• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

USA was most prepared nation for a Pandemic

Why are you telling me this... I have thought this for the past three years...

:2wave:

And yet everything you post paints a picture that he is doing just fine. The one category that study ranked the USA rather low on in the world, was the one dealing with political and societal issues that might impair a nation's ability to respond no matter how modern or advanced. And that was the one category that was by far the most consequential. Because it essentially ask what the quality, or state of the political leadership was in that nation, and what kind of eco-society environment has it engendered. And that can largely be attributed to just one man. One Mr. Donald J. Trump.

And yet everything you post paints a picture that he is doing just fine. The one category that study ranked the USA rather low on in the world, was the one dealing with political and societal issues that might impair a nation's ability to respond no matter how modern or advanced. And that was the one category that was by far the most consequential. Because it essentially ask what the quality, or state of the political leadership was in that nation, and what kind of eco-society environment has it engendered. And that can largely be attributed to just one man. One Mr. Donald J. Trump.

If the study considered the impact of political leadership and still ranked us first it was simply wrong in weighting the factors.

If the study considered the impact of political leadership and still ranked us first it was simply wrong in weighting the factors.

It's based on an aggregate score of the rankings number in each of the 6 categories being ranked. So the US having been ranked at #1 in 5 of them would mean that the USA would've had to have been drastically low in that one category to numerically kick us out of the top spot. But dropping down all the way to 19th in that one category really ought to be a source of real concern.

Then why all the attacks against Trump declaring that this is his fault?

Do you really need a list? His response was far too slow and called it a hoax until it had spread to 50 States, he fired the pandemic staff in 2018, he claimed the epidemic was under control when it wasn't. Right now he still he refuses to use FEMA to manage the distribution of medical supplies and equipment making States bid against each other and using FEMA to bid against the States so they can reward "loyal Governors" with "special" shipments of supplies . Need more?

BTW Do you know what FEMA stands for?

Last edited:
Population density is uncontrollable, you'll find that everyone you listed is higher than the US in that category. What is controllable is preparation and the swiftness of response.

Where the US is high in population density and we were slow to act we are suffering.

As are many other countries...

Trump is a buffoon that screwed up the response... but you don't understand my point so you think that I support Trump or his response... that is your continuing failure... :2wave:

BTW Do you know what FEMA stands for?

Yes...

Do you really need a list? His response was far too slow and called it a hoax u

He never called the pandemic itself a hoax... he was referring to the Democrat's accusations that the pandemic was his fault.

ntil it had spread to 50 States, he fired the pandemic staff in 2018, he claimed the epidemic was under control when it wasn't. Right now he still he refuses to use FEMA to manage the distribution of medical supplies and equipment making States bid against each other and using FEMA to bid against the States so they can reward "loyal Governors" with "special" shipments of supplies . Need more?

Yes... Trump ****ed up on some stuff and he is half a moron.

It's based on an aggregate score of the rankings number in each of the 6 categories being ranked. So the US having been ranked at #1 in 5 of them would mean that the USA would've had to have been drastically low in that one category to numerically kick us out of the top spot. But dropping down all the way to 19th in that one category really ought to be a source of real concern.

I'm saying it's obvious they needed to weight that category more heavily, since we were ranked #1 in emergency response planning (which also seems suspect).

We are all sitting here, watching a real world example of the thing they wanted to study in theory, so it's fairly easy to see what the study didn't estimate well.

Last edited:
Nobody asked them to. The initial onus was on the president to ensure that people knew enough to take commonsense precautions.

That seems to have been beyond him.

Hes been on TV daily telling people exactly what is going on. The president can't fix stupid.

Trump held rallies on:
—Jan 9th
—Jan 14th
—Jan 28th
—Jan 30th
—Feb 10th
—Feb 19th
—Feb 20th
—Feb 21st
—Feb 28th

Trump visits to Mar-a-Lago:

Dec 20
Dec 21
Dec 22
Dec 23
Dec 24
Dec 25
Dec 26
Dec 27
Dec 28
Dec 29
Dec 30
Dec 31
Jan 1
Jan 2
Jan 3
Jan 4
Jan 5
Jan 17
Jan 18
Jan 19
Jan 31
Feb 1
Feb 2
Feb 14
Feb 15
Feb 16
Mar 6
Mar 7
Mar 8
Mar 9

Trump golfed on:
—Jan 18th
—Jan 19th
—Feb 1st
—Feb 15th
—Mar 7th
—Mar 8th

Trump was busy. Even with his busy schedule he was still going a great job handling various problems as their extent materialized in slow real time.

The problem is and will remain the young who are the least affected are the ones spreading this pandemic. But the bottom line is almost everyone will be exposed to this pandemic at some point. Whether they die now, next month, or several months from now is the difference. My brother just got over this but is still quarantined. He is 50 and said it hit him just like the flu does. As soon as his quarantine is up he will report back to work. That is the way it should be. Those that have had it or are not at risk should go back to work while those at risk self isolate until there is a treatment or vaccine.

who is not at risk?

According to this 2019 article, was the most prepared nation in the world for a pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...luded-is-fully-prepared-pandemic-report-says/

Most prepared is relative. I would also point out as well..if Trump had been ahead of the curve instead of being pulled to facing this issue we would of been much better off.

One thing I find interesting, this study doesn't take into account nations like China where they can build a hospital in a few days and can lock down their citizens to stop the spread.

Trump was busy. Even with his busy schedule he was still going a great job handling various problems as their extent materialized in slow real time.

Yeah, busy playing golf, visiting his resorts to draw more money for them from the federal government, watching tv, tweeting, and holding rallies.

Trump is a buffoon that screwed up the response... but you don't understand my point so you think that I support Trump or his response... that is your continuing failure... :2wave:

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.

It is an indisputable fact that President of the United States of America Donald Trump has done as good a job of dealing with the present viral emergency as any American who has been a US President during a COVID-19 zoonotic pandemic.

I defy anyone from either the right or the left to dispute that statement.

South Korea, Australia better prepared. Australia's hospitals have a highly technical pandemic response capability - push a button and it goes into effect; automatically shuts patient room doors, etc.

Except that the source that I posted says that they were not the best prepared...

South Korea was prepared - knew what to do to minimize spread

Lots of countries were prepared. So what?

Most prepared is relative. I would also point out as well..if Trump had been ahead of the curve instead of being pulled to facing this issue we would of been much better off.

One thing I find interesting, this study doesn't take into account nations like China where they can build a hospital in a few days and can lock down their citizens to stop the spread.

Lots of things could have been done better to make things better... :shrug:

Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.

Your posts are laughable... :lol:

Yeah, busy playing golf, visiting his resorts to draw more money for them from the federal government, watching tv, tweeting, and holding rallies.

Trump's schedule bears many similarities to the schedules of previous presidents. Have you always had a problem with presidents playing golf?

Back
Top Bottom