• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal

When did he lie to a Federal agent in an investigation.

The Mueller Report

He lied repeatedly. It's just not a big deal when the president of the United States lies to federal investigators. Or, at least it isn't when the Senate is of the same party that the president is.

giphy.gif

Not according to the conclusion of the Justice Department. They just said he "lacked candor" whatever that means. If he lied, why didn't they accuse him of making false statements?
:lol: now you are lying. IG agents are in fact Federal agents.

If a statement lacks truthfulness its a lie.

Candor

the quality of being open and honest in expression; frankness.
"a man of refreshing candor"
synonyms: frankness, openness, honesty, candidness, truthfulness, sincerity, forthrightness, directness, lack of restraint, straightforwardness, plain-spokenness, plain dealing, plainness, calling a spade a spade, unreservedness, bluffness, bluntness, outspokenness; informaltelling it like it is
"he spoke with a degree of candor unusual in political life"

Lack of candor in a internal departmental personnel investigation. That's a violation of departmental policy. Not of criminal statutes. So once again what are the specific charges that they recommending? Does anybody even know?

You obviously want these charges to be bogus. Why, exactly?

The Mueller Report

He lied repeatedly. It's just not a big deal when the president of the United States lies to federal investigators. Or, at least it isn't when the Senate is of the same party that the president is.
If the president violated 1001 like Bill Clinton congress would be glad to impeach him like they did Bill Clinton.

If the president violated 1001 like Bill Clinton congress would be glad to impeach him like they did Bill Clinton.

Yeah right...

Maybe someone should have told you that Flynn, PapaD were convicted of lying to federal agents in the course of an open counter-intelligence investigation. Cohen and Stone were for lying about their criminal activity to the Congress and investigators. So for at least the 3rd time in this thread I am asking what are the SPECIFIC charges being recommended? Do you know what they are or not?
AGAIN lying to the IG in the course of an investigation is AGAINST 1001 . The IG was investigating illegal FBI leaks to the press. McCabe lied to them in the course of their investigation. The FBI also conducted an investigation into leaks. McCabe lied to them telling them he din't know who leaked when it was later proven it was him. McCabe is in big trouble.

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official and current CNN contributor.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.

A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, "The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office."

US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal | Fox News

================================================================================

And so it begins. The criminal charges are starting. Heads will roll. CNN looks pretty stupid for hiring him. McCabe should negotiate a plea deal and give evidence on Comey etc.
Let’s cut to the chase. McCabe authorized the FBI investigation into Trump. Trump has repeatedly attacked McCabe on Twitter and urged that he be prosecuted. Then, somehow Trump’s Attorney General starts prosecuting McCabe.

This smells of using the tools of government to persecute people that Trump perceives as enemies — just as they do in totalitarian dictatorships.

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official and current CNN contributor.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.

A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, "The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office."

US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal | Fox News

================================================================================

And so it begins. The criminal charges are starting. Heads will roll. CNN looks pretty stupid for hiring him. McCabe should negotiate a plea deal and give evidence on Comey etc.

Anonymous source though, right?

You obviously want these charges to be bogus. Why, exactly?

It's a little hard to judge whether they are 'bogus' or not when prosecutors don't list exactly what they are. Don't you think? And really this seems to be in almost exact same vein as with Comey. Which is that it stems from violations of bureau policy. Which are not akin to criminal violations.

Did you say that when PapaD, Flynn, Cohen and Stone were charged with the same thing?

Not a single one of those people were employees of the DOJ or FBI. And, I'm not sure it is true that those people were charged with the same thing, primarily because McCabe has not been charged yet. I understand the DOJ has been presenting their case to a grand jury but there has not been an indictment announced.

The Mueller Report

Give me a SPECIFIC instance of Trump lying to a Federal agent.

Not a single one of those people were employees of the DOJ or FBI. And, I'm not sure it is true that those people were charged with the same thing, primarily because McCabe has not been charged yet. I understand the DOJ has been presenting their case to a grand jury but there has not been an indictment announced.
What difference does that make? Do you think we have a two tier legal system one for government FBI or DOJ employees and one for you and me?

Give me a SPECIFIC instance of Trump lying to a Federal agent.

REP. VAL DEMINGS: Director Mueller, isn't it fair to say that the President's written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete because he didn't answer many of your questions, but where he did, his answers showed that he wasn't always being truthful?

MUELLER: I would say generally.

Lying isn't a big deal anymore. No one cares if people in the government lie.
Only if your a dem.. it's called Just-Us...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This has Trump's payback all over it.

It looks like they may have to prosecute him without the benefit of a grand jury indictment.

Fortunately for McCabe, the justice department still has to present their case to a jury. If former agents and DOJ personnel are called as defense witnesses and they say they were pressured by DOJ leadership to slander McCabe, that could be grounds for impeachment.
Bull Scatology!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Let’s cut to the chase. McCabe authorized the FBI investigation into Trump. Trump has repeatedly attacked McCabe on Twitter and urged that he be prosecuted. Then, somehow Trump’s Attorney General starts prosecuting McCabe.

This smells of using the tools of government to persecute people that Trump perceives as enemies — just as they do in totalitarian dictatorships.

Absolutely. This entire charade reeks of vindictive revenge from a seething, self-aggrandizing president and a compliant DOJ of sycophantic boot-lickers. I hope in the end McCabe wins his civil suit and walks away rich.

Absolutely. This entire charade reeks of vindictive revenge from a seething, self-aggrandizing president and a compliant DOJ of sycophantic boot-lickers. I hope in the end McCabe wins his civil suit and walks away rich.
I do think McCabe lacked candor, but the IG was very heavy handed, and the public attacks by Trump will doom any case.

The current IG (Horowitz) has shown himself to care only about allegation that Republicans make.

I do think McCabe lacked candor, but the IG was very heavy handed, and the public attacks by Trump will doom any case.

The current IG (Horowitz) has shown himself to care only about allegation that Republicans make.
:lamo:lamo:lamo McCabe would do well to cut a deal with prosecutors.

Maybe he can spend it in the prison commissary.

He learned it from Obama and Hillary.

Even taken together, Trump told more lies than they did before he even took office.

Tell Trump that lying is a big deal.

I know...I know....that acceptation speech after winning Trump said Americans owned Hillary a debt of gratitude for her lifelong public service...:doh...:lol:

Maybe he can spend it in the prison commissary.

He'll never see prison. The IG knows this will go nowhere. This is nothing more than ammo that Trump is hoping to be able to use during the election to support his "angry democrats" rhetoric.

Back
Top Bottom