• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unleash the Obama!

Check all that apply

• He'll help with the minority vote

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Obama will help Biden by 1%

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Obama will help Biden by 5%

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Obama will help Biden by 10%

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Obama will help Biden by 0%

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Racist voters will move to Trump

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Obama oratory skills dwarf those of both Trump and Biden.

So from the 20 there is now 1. Obama can now campaign without showing favoritism to any one candidate.

How much effect will Obama have?

Having Obama on the campaign trail for Biden can only help him. How much, that might depends on who Biden chooses as his VP. Biden is going to get around 90% of the black vote and 60% of the Hispanic vote whether Obama campaigns for him or not. If Biden would to choose senator Masto from Nevada, a Hispanic, she probably would up Biden's Hispanic vote to 65% or perhaps more. A black female on the ticket ups Biden's black vote into the 92/93 range, about the same percentage Obama received from blacks in both 2008/12.

If Biden goes with Klobuchar, Whitmer, Baldwin or a white female from the Midwest, Obama could add a point or two among minority voters. I don't however believe Obama on the trail would help Sanders supporters to show up at the polls. A lot of them loved their man, but weren't, aren't loyal democrats.

Biden is doing better than Clinton did in 2016.

Clinton was “ahead” by a large margin. How did that turn it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if he does, I don’t see the Bernie bro’s going over to the democrat establishment candidate after hosing them yet again. No way.

The Democratic voters chose Biden. I know, facts are hard. :)

So from the 20 there is now 1. Obama can now campaign without showing favoritism to any one candidate.

Obama's anointed successor lost to Trump. Any other questions?

Obama's anointed successor lost to Trump. Any other questions?

and in the 2010 and 2014 elections, the Obama swarm didn't really turn out. When Steve Chabot (First congressional district, Ohio) lost in 2008, he told many of his supporters-including me-that he knew he'd win in 2010 because the Obama swarm wouldn't turn out- He was right-he crushed Steve Driehaus in 2010

If Obama can just gin up the enthusiasm in the African American community to just get out and vote, that alone will be enough.

That sounds racist to me....

Like it or not, being Obama's VP is why he ended up being the nominee.

True, but that is a function of who else was running, a poor set of alternatives,

Clinton was “ahead” by a large margin. How did that turn it for you?

Biden is doing better in the primaries than Clinton.

True, but that is a function of who else was running, a poor set of alternatives,

Or, it could be Biden is seen as the safest bet to beat Trump. Black voters are the ones who chose Biden.

and in the 2010 and 2014 elections, the Obama swarm didn't really turn out. When Steve Chabot (First congressional district, Ohio) lost in 2008, he told many of his supporters-including me-that he knew he'd win in 2010 because the Obama swarm wouldn't turn out- He was right-he crushed Steve Driehaus in 2010

But in 2018 they did turn out. And the result was your party getting the big ass kicking in mid-term political history.

But in 2018 they did turn out. And the result was your party getting the big ass kicking in mid-term political history.

you act as if that was something unusual. Save for GWB, the party that holds the WH ALWAYS loses seats in the first mid term election.

For people who don't care what a candidate believes, don't care what a candidate knows, don't care what a candidate supports and promotes, but who favor electing a black man to the office instead of a white man, Obama represents the best possible candidate in the universe.

you act as if that was something unusual. Save for GWB, the party that holds the WH ALWAYS loses seats in the first mid term election.

It's unusual for a political party in a mid-term to receive almost the same amount of votes as a president did during his win in a general election. 60+ million people voted for Congressional Democrats in 2018, almost equal to President Trump's 62.9 million in 2016. Compare that to 46 million people voting for congressional Republicans in 2010, which was vastly less than the 69.5 million votes Obama received in 2008.

2018 was not a normal mid-term. It was a massive repudiation of a hugely unpopular lousy GOP president, and if it extends to 2020, your orange idiot of a president is toast.

Or, it could be Biden is seen as the safest bet to beat Trump. Black voters are the ones who chose Biden.

Leave it to the Dems to use race to win an election....

It's unusual for a political party in a mid-term to receive almost the same amount of votes as a president did during his win in a general election. 60+ million people voted for Congressional Democrats in 2018, almost equal to President Trump's 62.9 million in 2016. Compare that to 46 million people voting for congressional Republicans in 2010, which was vastly less than the 69.5 million votes Obama received in 2008.

2018 was not a normal mid-term. It was a massive repudiation of a hugely unpopular lousy GOP president, and if it extends to 2020, your orange idiot of a president is toast.

are you trying to convince me or reassure yourself?

Leave it to the Dems to use race to win an election....

Black voters chosing Biden, an old white guy, is using race to win an election? If anything, it destroys the notion that black people only vote based on race. That's something only Trump voters do.

are you trying to convince me or reassure yourself?

Honestly, I want you to believe Trump will win in a landslide. The more cocky Trump and his supporters are about winning, the better it is for Biden and the Dems.

I need to point out here, many folks aren't voting for President when they turn out poor performing Representatives. When I vote for my Representative, his/her view has little to do with Party, but much to do with what they have done for my district. I vote party blind when assessing ability to help my district. That is regardless of what a sitting president says about them.
Remember, they are Representatives, and only representative of their district! I certainly vote for a Federal President, but also a state(district) representative! I suspect many were elected on effort concerning their districts(or not reelected for same) and little consideration given to how they helped a party or not.
Regards,
CP

Honestly, I want you to believe Trump will win in a landslide. The more cocky Trump and his supporters are about winning, the better it is for Biden and the Dems.

I never take anything for granted and when you combine the press with the current panic, anything is possible

I need to point out here, many folks aren't voting for President when they turn out poor performing Representatives. When I vote for my Representative, his/her view has little to do with Party, but much to do with what they have done for my district. I vote party blind when assessing ability to help my district. That is regardless of what a sitting president says about them.
Remember, they are Representatives, and only representative of their district! I certainly vote for a Federal President, but also a state(district) representative! I suspect many were elected on effort concerning their districts(or not reelected for same) and little consideration given to how they helped a party or not.
Regards,
CP

If that's what you want to tell yourself, go right ahead, lol.

I never take anything for granted and when you combine the press with the current panic, anything is possible

Trump was very vulnerable, even before all of this. Make no mistake, Trump could easily lose his re-election bid, and he knows it.

Back
Top Bottom