• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine opens criminal probe into possible surveillance of ex-US ambassador

Looks like that would be Parnas, who is currently under house arrest hoping to cut a deal ....

Do what you want with it, but this pretty much proves what Short said above.
Parnas is not a reliable witness no matter how you want to spin this.

Giuliani Associate Says He Gave Demand for Biden Inquiry to Ukrainians - The New York Times

It’s certainly possible that some of Parnas’s account isn’t entirely true, but since the trump administration lies for fun, their denials have no value. They could provide testimony and communications refuting Parnas’s account, but they won’t and you know why.

I'm laughing, but I'm crying - Moot. I have a fair amount of international friends and relatives. Most of them cannot understand what's happening here, and I surely can't explain - much less defend.

The sad part about this is, the international community believes "we" want this. Explaining the vagaries of the Electoral College doesn't always work. They believe "we" did this. "We" want this. "We" elected the guy.

As I remember roughly the same percent of the population n France voted for far right Le Pen as percent of Americans that voted for Trump. The big difference was a much higher voting turnout so Macron won with a won with a overwhelming majority.

And many such as myself, see the Senate as on trial.

Are you quoting Nadler because that is what he said.

And many such as myself see the House of Representatives as a disgrace. A body of government Hamilton would vomit if he knew the abuses of power simply to remove a president due to hatred.

And now the senate democrats have their talking points of a cover up if they don’t get their way.

This process is simply a political game, talking point for the upcoming election. As Nancy said Trump is impeached for life no matter what happens in the senate. The democrats have no issues to debate Trump on so the TV ads will focus on impeachment only, removal of Trump.

The way Collins came out hard against Parnas this morning, I'm beginning to think she's full of it.

She's horrible. She keeps promising to be open minded and "moderate," then acts like a Trump drone. Ask about Roe v. Wade, which she supposedly supports, she said Gorshich promised to respect stare decisis. Jesus. Then she promised that the 2017 tax cut would raise tax revenues. I mean, she's just a right-wing robot.

And many such as myself see the House of Representatives as a disgrace. A body of government Hamilton would vomit if he knew the abuses of power simply to remove a president due to hatred.

And now the senate democrats have their talking points of a cover up if they don’t get their way.

This process is simply a political game, talking point for the upcoming election. As Nancy said Trump is impeached for life no matter what happens in the senate. The democrats have no issues to debate Trump on so the TV ads will focus on impeachment only, removal of Trump.
You are aware the House representatives are apportioned by proportional representation? Constitutionally?

So when you go against the House, you are going against the American People. It's that simple. Which is why it's called the "People's House".

She's horrible. She keeps promising to be open minded and "moderate," then acts like a Trump drone. Ask about Roe v. Wade, which she supposedly supports, she said Gorshich promised to respect stare decisis. Jesus. Then she promised that the 2017 tax cut would raise tax revenues. I mean, she's just a right-wing robot.
Yeah, she's a bull**** artist.

The way Collins came out hard against Parnas this morning, I'm beginning to think she's full of it.

Collins is a con artist. She walks *this close* to the line in order to get something from McConnell and then she falls swiftly back into the fold. But this is unlikely to go on forever:

"Collins’ net approval — the share of voters who approve of her job performance minus the share who disapprove — has fallen by 44 percentage points since the first quarter of 2017, when Trump took office. Forty-five percent of Mainers approve of Collins and 48 percent disapprove in the latest rankings, down 16 net points since quarter one of this year, as her campaign gears up in earnest to face a Democratic challenge from state House Speaker Sara Gideon."

Susan Collins’ Approval Rating Dives as 2020 Approaches

With a tanking approval in a state with a net -20% trump approval, her time is coming.

You are aware the House representatives are apportioned by proportional representation? Constitutionally?

So when you go against the House, you are going against the American People. It's that simple. Which is why it's called the "People's House".

LOL, you sound like Pelosi. It's time for me to be prayerful and solemn.

Back when the Ukraine president said that there was no "quid pro quo" you liberals laughed and said.................yeah right!

Now that the same Ukraine president offers up a investigation that might favor your argument............he's your guy!

Your party all are such hypocrites.

Not sure I follow. How is this Ukrainian investigation a quid pro quo?

I swear, I can't disagree. Let's hope Trump doesn't get re-elected, and perhaps this can be seen as an experiment gone wrong - as they sometimes do. But if he gets re-elected, our standing on the world stage will be garbage. That's something I can't accept.

Os Ukraine trying to influence our election?

Back when the Ukraine president said that there was no "quid pro quo" you liberals laughed and said.................yeah right!

Now that the same Ukraine president offers up a investigation that might favor your argument............he's your guy!

Your party all are such hypocrites.

No one blames Zelensky for lying about the pressure Trump and his 3 amigo's put on Ukraine to investigate Biden. His countries life is at stake and the support of the U.S. President is his lifeline. He was ready to announce the investigation of Biden and Ukraines role in the 2016 election before the WB blew this out of the water too. I applaud him for resisting as long as he did. This latest investigation only reinforces the notion that Zelensky is genuinely interested in enforcing the law and fighting corruption even if some here in the U.S are not.

Last edited:
BS, you all were stuck on "quid pro quo" at that time.....................don't make **** up.
The QPQ existed then and remains a fact. The laughter is still at the morons who believe that Zelenski's statement is evidence.

Collins is a con artist. She walks *this close* to the line in order to get something from McConnell and then she falls swiftly back into the fold. But this is unlikely to go on forever:

"Collins’ net approval — the share of voters who approve of her job performance minus the share who disapprove — has fallen by 44 percentage points since the first quarter of 2017, when Trump took office. Forty-five percent of Mainers approve of Collins and 48 percent disapprove in the latest rankings, down 16 net points since quarter one of this year, as her campaign gears up in earnest to face a Democratic challenge from state House Speaker Sara Gideon."

With a tanking approval in a state with a net -20% trump approval, her time is coming.
Thanks for the heads-up. We still need to see the approvals of the Dem candidate, though.

LOL, you sound like Pelosi. It's time for me to be prayerful and solemn.
Your flippant response would seem to display either a disdain for, or lack of knowledge of, the Constitution. Care to share which it is?

Os Ukraine trying to influence our election?

They are following international law. In Trump's case, that is bad for him yes. Trump's corrupt behavior requires that laws be ignored to protect him.

Last edited:

LOL
I'm sure you will have a different view of the democrat representatives and senators in states Trump won. Let's hear the BS.

I hope you are not relying on the same polls that elected Hillary.

LOL
I'm sure you will have a different view of the democrat representatives and senators in states Trump won. Let's hear the BS.

I hope you are not relying on the same polls that elected Hillary.

Your post is just trollish noise.

Thanks for the heads-up. We still need to see the approvals of the Dem candidate, though.

My link was from over the summer. Here's one that came out today:

"With a 52 percent disapproval rating, Susan Collins (R-Maine) is now the most unpopular senator in the country."

Impeachment Trial Set to Put Vulnerable Senate Republicans in a Familiar Bind
Morning Consult's Senator Approval Rankings

Keep in mind, this approval is based on polling of her own constituency. Her state loathes Trump, and they're turning that loathing on her.

Democratic leaders in Washington, D.C., and party donors in Maine and nationwide are already throwing their support and more than $4 million into the primary campaign of Maine House Speaker Sara Gideon of Freeport.

Sara Gideon looks like a very solid contender to take on Collins. Especially if Collins votes to acquit Comrade Trump, a man so corrupt he isn't even allowed to run a charity in the United States without supervision.

Because he can't be trusted with other people's money.

I don't see that happening here in terms of removal, to be honest. Worst case, absolute worst cas I see, would be McConnel giving a few Senators lee-way to vote their state. But quite honestly, I don't see even that happening.

You're probably right, but at the rate this things seems to be unwinding, I see a glimmer of hope

I don't see any Trumpers biting, so I'll take a swing (to mix my metaphors). They don't expect Hunter to reveal anything at all regarding Trump's crimes, which is what the trial is supposed to be about. But of course that's not the point. The point is to say "corrupt" and "Joe Biden" as often as possible. Over and over.

I've asked a few times about Biden and the whistleblower. One member, regarding the whistleblower, said something like, "I don't know what I'd ask. Let's see what he has to say," which makes little sense. No other responses, except yours.

This makes me wonder if Trump people ever put a thought into the talking points they parrot, or are they just being parrots?

They are following international law. In Trump's case, that is bad for him yes. Trump's corrupt behavior requires that laws be ignored to protect him.

Which international law was broken?

Hatred. Yeah, that's it. Smh

While there's an enormous of schadenfreude in this story, there's also an enormous of shame for our own country. A foreign country is investigating illegal surveillance of one of our ambassadors whereas our State Department is completely silent about the illegal surveillance of one of its own. This means that a country which is the poster child for corruption is behaving more ethically and lawfully than the United States. Utterly shameful.

This ain't gonna be your century.

Back
Top Bottom