• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Women's Soccer Team Accused Of Snubbing Star Player For Christian Views

A team needs to be united. With national teams good players who rock the boat sometimes find themselves outside of the national team because they can't work with others. If you have a player who is unable to deal with the gay players, then it's better they're left out. I mean, the US won the competition, so the decision is justified.

Wow.

Liberal inclusiveness.

Just...

Wow.

:hm

Is there any evidence this player was doing that? Does she not have a right to her beliefs or the manner in which she chooses to conduct her life, or does the coach have a right to cram her beliefs down the Christian player's throat by requiring her to conform or put her imprimatur on the gay lifestyle, say, by requiring her to wear a rainbow jersey? Even if there was no explicit requirement or demand, it certainly must have, at least, appeared to be implicit to the player. Under your definition, who, then, is the bigot? :confused:

Yes, the evidence is she refused to wear a US soccer shirt which had a rainbow on (or whatever was on it).

She refused to play for her country because of "her religious beliefs" and to be honest, how can anyone think her Christian beliefs are going to be any different to the other religious crazies who oppose gay people, gay marriage, gay sex, gay anything?

Hey, man, it's late, I'm tired and going to hit the sack and hope Barry leaves us alone. I'll try again tomorrow. :2wave:

Obama might be under the bed?

Wow.

Liberal inclusiveness.

Just...

Wow.

You want inclusiveness over team cohesion? Er... what? This isn't like some kind of kindergarten, this is a competitive team sport where being a team player is a massive part of... being... a... part... of... the... team....

She doesn't have to play a team sport if she doesn't like those people she has to play with. In fact she REFUSED to play when they played in an "inclusive" shirt. Stuff her then, she doesn't want to play with gay people, she can go back to her bigoted church and pray for their souls or soles or something.

She simply didn't say **** TRUMP enough to be a part of this team.

No doubt.

I saw that this year's US team was sketchy a few weeks ago.

It's been downhill to super-sketchy ever since.

Glad I decided to root for the Dutch team in the final match.

If there is a solid basis to this claim of discrimination, I hope it buries the team.

Utterly, tragically disgraceful.

And - by the way - a good glimpse into the liberal mind, and why Hillary and her disgusting army of Hillbots lost in 2016.

Utterly disgraceful.

But apparently the bigoted lesbian coach couldn't work with Hinkle and disingenuously tiptoed around federal civil rights law.

Possibly - we need more information.

But this team was an embarrassment even before this matter came to light.

If this is true, it's more than an embarrassment - it's a disgrace to this nation.

Loss in victory.

There are a lot of Christians in mens' professional sports. Quite a few Latin Catholic players in professional baseball, for example. Is it safe to say you would support kicking gays off of professional men's teams if they don't possess the right chemistry?

Liberal bigotry has its pets and its targets...

Talk about victimhood I guess if you hide behind christianity it's all good.
Kaepernick couldn't play in the NFL because he kneeled (before play).
This victim chose not to play in 3 games because omg gay jerseys, she sat out of 3 games where she may have been needed. Give me a ****ing break with the snowflake, victim bull****.

Kappy couldn't play in the NFL because he sucked deflated Brady balls; he was horrible.

But love the liberal tolerance on display here.

:donkeyfla

why do you support bigotry is a bigger question.

The list of people and groups that liberals are bigoted against, if posted, would break the internet.

Not that conservatives aren't bigoted too - pretty much everyone is - but liberals like to wrap their bigotry up in bulls****.

You want inclusiveness over team cohesion? Er... what? This isn't like some kind of kindergarten, this is a competitive team sport where being a team player is a massive part of... being... a... part... of... the... team....

She doesn't have to play a team sport if she doesn't like those people she has to play with. In fact she REFUSED to play when they played in an "inclusive" shirt. Stuff her then, she doesn't want to play with gay people, she can go back to her bigoted church and pray for their souls or soles or something.

"Only interested in serious debate."

:roll:

Kappy couldn't play in the NFL because he sucked deflated Brady balls; he was horrible.

But love the liberal tolerance on display here.

Yep. That's why he lost his multi million dollar law suit against the league for black listing. Because he couldn't play. Oh wait...

:doh

Believing in traditional marriage has no meaning and, if it did, it would have no bearing on others. Bigotry is not tradition. Bigotry is hate. It's about time real Christians threw that crap out.

It seemed, at least according to Hinkle, a bearing on other members of the team.

Yep. That's why he lost his multi million dollar law suit against the league for black listing. Because he couldn't play. Oh wait...

:doh

They settled - no win or lose.

He's a nightmare, hot dog, virtue-signaling, no-talent hack (though he had one very good year; not unusual before a player tanks) that they wanted to go away.

They settled - no win or lose.

He's a nightmare, hot dog, virtue-signaling, no-talent hack (though he had one very good year; not unusual before a player tanks) that they wanted to go away.

They lost. They settled so they wouldn't lose harder. But hey, if a fantasy world where Kap is a loser instead of millionaire former superbowl playing quarterback turned civil rights icon is the safe space you need who am I to deny you? :shrug: :lamo

No, she's just bigoted. You know, it wasn't too many years ago "science" said this coach had a mental disorder and she would have been committed to a mental hospital to receive treatment, like electroshock therapy. No one would have been called a bigot for believing she was a loon. Unfortunately for her, believing due to a sincerely held religious belief that her behavior is immoral is still protected under federal law, although I'm sure leftist social justice types would like to gut federal civil rights law as it pertains to religion if they ever get the chance.

Recently, one of the first prominent psychiatrists to reject the idea that homosexuality is a mental disorder died. In his obit, it mentioned that, based on all the straight patients with sex problems he had seen, he considered that heterosexuality might be a mental disorder.

Let me guess; she was left out because she wouldn't shut up about 'god' and christianity, like a good little evangelist. I know a person like that; every other sentence refers to 'god' loving you, living 'in Jesus' and other assorted Talibornagain crap.

Last edited:
Bigotry masquerading as Christianity is transparently phony. This breed will die out one day.

The majority of evangelicals in their 20s support same-sex marraige.

They lost. They settled so they wouldn't lose harder. But hey, if a fantasy world where Kap is a loser instead of millionaire former superbowl playing quarterback turned civil rights icon is the safe space you need who am I to deny you? :shrug: :lamo

Nope. Nope. Ad hom nonsense. :shrug: :lamo

Let me guess; she was left out because she wouldn't shut up about 'god' and christianity, like a good little evangelist. I know a person like that; every other sentence refers to 'god' loving you, living 'in Jesus' and other assorted Talibornagain crap.

Ladies & gentlemen...

Liberal tolerance.

"Blessed are you, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake." (Luke 6:22, AKJV)

"Listen to me, you that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear you not the reproach of men, neither be you afraid of their revilings." (Isaiah 51:7)

The snub was unfortunate but not unimaginable. Ms. Hinkle lost out on a tremendous opportunity, but if she endures and refuses to bend the knee to the new political orthodoxy, hers will surely be the greater reward. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom