• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Women's Soccer Team Accused Of Snubbing Star Player For Christian Views

This seems to be a case of who is the worst bigot. Hint: everyone.

That's ridiculous. Some people are far worse bigots than others. You seem to be saying you believe you are as much a bigot as a KKK or Neo Nazi member. Is that true?

Last edited:
So if you were putting together a National Team, would you want someone on the team who openly professes to believe in Santa Claus, and was trying to get other players to believe as well?

Probably not. I don't think people are given carte blanche to proselytize in a setting like this, but then I'm not a lawyer and don't really know all of the particulars. In any case, your claim is strictly hypothetical in the current circumstance.

Well, I find it interesting that before the "700 Club" interview she was on the team, but after the interview she never played for the national team again. Do you dispute that? Can you offer up any "Fake News" source that has an alternate reality?

No idea. In Men's soccer gays are still treated quite poorly. All you have to do is listen to the idiot Mexican fans.

When it comes time to make the final cuts, dropping closely matched players, you're going to be looking to get rid of anyone who might cause dissension on the team.

Depending on the team and the player, wouldn't that depend on federal law? You can't say, "No blacks or Jews, please." It's illegal, dissension or not.

No idea. In Men's soccer gays are still treated quite poorly. All you have to do is listen to the idiot Mexican fans.

Yeah, and you know, I find that unfortunate, but at least they can play. No dice in much of the Muslim world, including in Ilhan Omar's nation of birth, Somalia. Here, in America, we can have an openly gay team captain on a national team--who does't want to stand for the national anthem. :doh

Yeah, and you know, I find that unfortunate, but at least they can play. No dice in much of the Muslim world, including in Ilhan Omar's nation of birth, Somalia. Here, in America, we can have an openly gay team captain on a national team--who does't want to stand for the national anthem. :doh

She also has purple hair. Like Tinky Winky!

Welcome, America, to the new political orthodoxy:

Uh, when half your team is Lesbian, you might want to wear the shirt celebrating gay pride. Just saying.

Uh, when half your team is Lesbian, you might want to wear the shirt celebrating gay pride. Just saying.

Then again, maybe not:

“I’m essentially giving up the one dream little girls dream about their entire life. It was very disappointing. And I think that’s where the peace trumps the disappointment, because I knew in my spirit I was doing the right thing. I knew I was being obedient. Just because you’re obedient doesn’t make it easy … If I never get another national team call-up again then that’s just a part of [God’s] plan, and that’s OK."

Just sayin'. ;)

I'm tired of it being hung on Christians. I know plenty of Christians that are not homophobes. At some point, hopefully not many years, Christians in general will say no more hiding bigotry behind us.

Personally, I could care less what people do in their spare time. But I'm tired of Christians being called homophobes for believing in traditional marriage, something our last president claimed he believed in.

Personally, I could care less what people do in their spare time. But I'm tired of Christians being called homophobes for believing in traditional marriage, something our last president claimed he believed in.

Believing in traditional marriage has no meaning and, if it did, it would have no bearing on others. Bigotry is not tradition. Bigotry is hate. It's about time real Christians threw that crap out.

Talk about victimhood I guess if you hide behind christianity it's all good.
Kaepernick couldn't play in the NFL because he kneeled (before play).
This victim chose not to play in 3 games because omg gay jerseys, she sat out of 3 games where she may have been needed. Give me a ****ing break with the snowflake, victim bull****.

That's part of a loaded question, and your opinion. I never said or implied any such thing. If science said homosexuality was a mental disorder, why would anyone be a bigot for thinking the gay person should get treatment? That makes no sense. Likewise, if their religion tells them homosexuality is immoral, why does that make them bigots? Connect the dots for me, please.

Hardly my opinion, is it?

I mean, if we look at the word "bigoted" we see what it is.

bigoted | Definition of bigoted in English by Lexico Dictionaries

"Obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices."

Intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices. Here we're looking at intolerance towards other people's practices, ie, being gay.

Another person being gay doesn't hurt you, in fact it has absolutely nothing to do with you. Therefore it's unreasonable.

What you're saying is like saying that racists back when slavery existed, weren't racists back then, because it was an acceptable part of society, back then.

If science said homosexuality was a mental disorder? I think you'll find science doesn't say this and NEVER did say this. People who claimed to be scientists might have said this.

If "science" said that black people were inferior, does that mean people aren't being racist against black people?

If their religion "tells them" homosexuality is immortal.... that's fun.

You know what christianity says about adultery? Oh, ****, who cares, the President, elected by a bunch of Christian fanatics has committed adultery on THREE WIVES. It's called picking and choosing, and makes people look like bigots when they do it.

These are the dots. Enjoy.

A big difference between believing in traditional marriage and FORCING "traditional marriage" down people's throats.

Let's see. Traditional marriage, go to church, get married under the eyes of God. Fine, do whatever rocks your boat.

Modern marriage, go to the government and tell them you're married, and get benefits from this from the government.

Now, do you see these Christian fanatics saying crazy **** about non-religious marriages with straight couples? Noooooo you don't. They only seems to be able to see the problem of "non-traditional marriage" when it involves their bigotry.

I didn't get married in a church, under God, any of that nonsense. I went to a bureaucratic place and did it. Recognized by the government. Do you know how many times my straight marriage has been attacked by christian zealots? Not once.

Skipping out on three games isn't a Christian view, right?

Bigots have the most ridiculous victim routines of them all.

A big difference between believing in traditional marriage and FORCING "traditional marriage" down people's throats.

Is there any evidence this player was doing that? Does she not have a right to her beliefs or the manner in which she chooses to conduct her life, or does the coach have a right to cram her beliefs down the Christian player's throat by requiring her to conform or put her imprimatur on the gay lifestyle, say, by requiring her to wear a rainbow jersey? Even if there was no explicit requirement or demand, it certainly must have, at least, appeared to be implicit to the player. Under your definition, who, then, is the bigot? :confused:

Is there any evidence this player was doing that? Does she not have a right to her beliefs or the manner in which she chooses to conduct her life, or does the coach have a right to cram her beliefs down the Christian player's throat by requiring her to conform or put her imprimatur on the gay lifestyle, say, by requiring her to wear a rainbow jersey? Even if there was no explicit requirement or demand, it certainly must have, at least, appeared to be implicit to the player. Under your definition, who, then, is the bigot? :confused:

What's the gay lifestyle?

That's ridiculous. Some people are far worse bigots than others. You seem to be saying you believe you are as much a bigot as a KKK or Neo Nazi member. Is that true?
Bigots are like holes. They come in all sizes, but divisions. Half a hole is still a hole and a less bigoted person is still a bigot.

Since you bring it up, a true fascist would not call him or herself fascist. Anti-fascist maybe, and accuse others of being fascist, or racist, or homophobe, or whatever.

What's the gay lifestyle?

Oh, my bad! I broke PC protocol. :lol: For purposes of this exercise, just substitute "homosexuality" for "the gay lifestyle" in the post in question if you choose to play. :2wave:

Bigots are like holes. They come in all sizes, but divisions. Half a hole is still a hole and a less bigoted person is still a bigot.

Since you bring it up, a true fascist would not call him or herself fascist. Anti-fascist maybe, and accuse others of being fascist, or racist, or homophobe, or whatever.

That would be garbage even in a dive at 2am. There is no conceivable situation, circumstance or excuse that could possibly explain that atrocious vomit of pretend philosophical waxing.

Oh, my bad! I broke PC protocol. :lol: For purposes of this exercise, just substitute "homosexuality" for "the gay lifestyle" in the post in question if you choose to play. :2wave:

Don't worry about PC, no reason to be scared. What is the lifestyle?

Let's ask who is being discriminated against:

How many Republicans would like to see this coach being removed because she is a lesbian?

why do you support bigotry is a bigger question.

Don't worry about PC, no reason to be scared. What is the lifestyle?

I just meant living openly in a gay relationship--coming out and being who you really are! :2dancing:

I just meant living openly in a gay relationship--coming out and being who you really are! :2dancing:

How is opposing that different than opposing gay people?

How is opposing that different than opposing gay people?

The same way opposing a firebrand who wears his religion on his sleeve is different from opposing someone who silently prays or reads Bible verses before going to bed at night.

The same way opposing a firebrand who wears his religion on his sleeve is different from opposing someone who silently prays or reads Bible verses before going to bed at night.

What about churches?

Back
Top Bottom