• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. court voids 3 Texas congressional districts

Not as long as sessions and Bannon and GOP lawmakers are in charge for the next four years.

Now you know what GOPs meant by being in charge for the rest of the century after the 2014 DEM losses .

going to be a long four years for you, jobs, jobs, jobs, economic growth, economic growth, economic growth, and hopefully cutting those entitlements you believe you deserve

Not as long as sessions and Bannon and GOP lawmakers are in charge for the next four years.

Now you know what GOPs meant by being in charge for the rest of the century after the 2014 DEM losses .

So what exactly is the outrage here? That the GOP may solidify Congressional control?
Would you prefer a situation where there are more Democrats in elected office; or more 'minorities'?
Is the great problem that there are fewer Democrats in Congress nowadays, or more minorities?

Try to stay focused on corrupt republican gerrymandering, Conservative .

I would if it made a hill of beans difference but it doesn't. You are worried about 3 CD out of 435 nationwide totally ignoring that you lost the battle of issues with regard to the Senate and the Governors neither of which are affected by Gerrymandering

Another day from our illustrious Texas legislators who stay awake at night figuring out ways to oppress citizens that they don't take a liking to, which includes more than the majority number of folks in Texas.

IMHO, the judges stopped the tyranny of the majority from oppressing the minority due to them having drawn away minority representation in congress.

You are absolutely correct, Trump inherited the 1.6% GDP for 2016 and I thank Obama for that record which gave the GOP the Congress and the WH. it was indeed the Obama economy that gave us the Congress we have today. Thank you

Why doesn't the bad stuff of trumpcare not kick in until after the next two terms of voting?

Because of the 2021 remaps that sneaky Ryan is trying to protect .

I wish a judge would overturn Maryland's Dem favored gerrymandered districts.

lossless-page1-1810px-Maryland_Congressional_Districts%2C_113th_Congress.tif.png

Only 1 Republican is elected because they wall off the Eastern Shore. Everything about the state's districts are drawn to elect Democrats. I hope a court intervenes here.

IMHO, the judges stopped the tyranny of the majority from oppressing the minority due to them having drawn away minority representation in congress.

Well, if one seeks to create a minority safe seat, it stands to reason one is creating a majority safe seat in the process.
Yet, apparently that is illegal.

Why doesn't the bad stuff of trumpcare not kick in until after the next two terms of voting?

Because of the 2021 remaps that sneaky Ryan is trying to protect .

Don't know nor do I care, doubt that 20 million people who depend on ACA are going to lose their coverage under the replacement but am sorry that you may be one of them. I learned a long time ago personal responsibility, so sorry that you never did because that is what healthcare is, a personal responsibility. what are you going to support next meal plans for Americans telling us what we can eat, how much exercise we have to have, what we can drink. Seems that getting involved in someone else's life is what you do best. Why don't you work on your own?

lossless-page1-1810px-Maryland_Congressional_Districts%2C_113th_Congress.tif.png

Only 1 Republican is elected because they wall off the Eastern Shore. Everything about the state's districts are drawn to elect Democrats. I hope a court intervenes here.

Good question, will let NIMBY answer that one for us. Gerrymandering only occurs with Republicans according to that poster

I would if it made a hill of beans difference but it doesn't. You are worried about 3 CD out of 435 nationwide totally ignoring that you lost the battle of issues with regard to the Senate and the Governors neither of which are affected by Gerrymandering

You continue to stumble into the wrong thread and try to divert and deflect from the illegal corrupt republican gerrymandering in your state of Texas, Conservative.

As for your Senate/Governor diversion, I relish in knowing how gerrymandering affects those races and you don't .

Good question, will let NIMBY answer that one for us. Gerrymandering only occurs with Republicans according to that poster

Maryland is one of 7 DEM gerrymandered states, Texas is one of 23 GOP gerrymandered states, as proven by supplied maps .

Maryland is one of 7 DEM gerrymandered states, Texas is one of 23 GOP gerrymandered states, as proven by supplied maps .

So then are the 7 Dem states ok in their practice?

Maybe now that a confirmed liar is the AG and has pulled a 180 on voter suppression and gerrymandering laws in GOP states, you'll get your wish. Unless sessions is thrown out of office .

Last edited:
So then are the 7 Dem states ok in their practice?

Did I say they were okay, digsbe?

I'm the one who actually brought that information to your attention.

You're welcome and check out massively more GOP corruption in the link in post #56 .

You continue to stumble into the wrong thread and try to divert and deflect from the illegal corrupt republican gerrymandering in your state of Texas, Conservative.

As for your Senate/Governor diversion, I relish in knowing how gerrymandering affects those races and you don't .

Sorry but Gerrymandering is only an issue to you so what happens when the Districts are redrawn by you and you still don't get the outcome you want? What assurance do you have that your candidate would win? you have such little regard for people and their decision making process. You must think everyone is just like you, a hard core liberal who is need of taxpayer funded assistance. As for Gerrymandering it only affects the House races and not the Senate, Governor, or President so not sure what your issue is and why it is so important to you

Maybe now that a confirmed liar is the AG and has pulled a 180 on voter suppression and gerrymandering laws in GOP states, you'll get your wish. Unless sessions is thrown out of office .

Wow, confirmed liar, You been happy with Obama's AG's?

Wow, confirmed liar, You been happy with Obama's AG's?

Notice I spoke of gerrymandering, Conservative, a word that continues to allude you in your trump/Bannon deflections .

Re: Panel voids 3 Texas congressional districts

I would go with the computer-created districting - take people out of the process.

Even programmers have bias.

Sorry but Gerrymandering is only an issue to you so what happens when the Districts are redrawn by you and you still don't get the outcome you want? What assurance do you have that your candidate would win? you have such little regard for people and their decision making process. You must think everyone is just like you, a hard core liberal who is need of taxpayer funded assistance. As for Gerrymandering it only affects the House races and not the Senate, Governor, or President so not sure what your issue is and why it is so important to you

How do you know I'm in need of taxpayer funded assistance, Conservative, your latest personally insulting smear ?

Notice I spoke of gerrymandering, Conservative, a word that continues to allude you in your trump/Bannon deflections .

Yes but you haven't explained how elimination of Gerrymandering puts you on the right side of the issues and assures the candidates of your choice being elected. Further you haven't explained why Gerrymandering is even a problem or how it affects the Senate, Governor, or Presidential elections?

How do you know I'm in need of taxpayer funded assistance, Conservative, your latest personally insulting smear ?

Because it is a top issue of yours and we all know how selfish liberals really are

Don't know nor do I care, doubt that 20 million people who depend on ACA are going to lose their coverage under the replacement but am sorry that you may be one of them. I learned a long time ago personal responsibility, so sorry that you never did because that is what healthcare is, a personal responsibility. what are you going to support next meal plans for Americans telling us what we can eat, how much exercise we have to have, what we can drink. Seems that getting involved in someone else's life is what you do best. Why don't you work on your own?

Why do you say in this post, Conservative, among the many several personally insulting smears, that I didn't take personal responsibility of my life a long time ago, when in fact I began teaching chemistry and physics in 1976 and am now happily retired on insurance for life and watching you flail away with another post content free of the OP ?

Because it is a top issue of yours and we all know how selfish liberals really are

So another smear post from Conservative calling me selfish and refusing to speak on topic.

You must be very afraid of what's coming the next two terms if elections, AND THEN THE ENSUING REMAPS .

Yes but you haven't explained how elimination of Gerrymandering puts you on the right side of the issues and assures the candidates of your choice being elected. Further you haven't explained why Gerrymandering is even a problem or how it affects the Senate, Governor, or Presidential elections?

Gerrymandering and the issues you divert and deflect to aren't the content of this OP, but you already knew that, Conservative .

Back
Top Bottom