• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Two years ago Trump fired America's entire pandemic response team

Riddle you this: If there is threats of a flood and you 'hire' a team to 'manage' the flood, why is there need to hire another team to 'manage' the flood?

Because one flood out there is water and the other flood in here is BS.

Did you happen to look at any of the dates on those plans?

Why are dates important? How long has the CDC been in existence?

Last edited:
Ummmmmmmm, we have five cases in the US. Five.

So given everything's fine when is Trump's next rally of the 100,000.

And where, if you happen to know. Because inquiring minds want to know.

Also, you were corrected of course by another poster -- it's 57.

So he is NOT talking about the strain that is currently an epidemic in China and causing world wide consternation? Really? And of course is all about the malignant narcissist. You cultists are unbelievable. I'm sure he was only asking Ukraine for a favor with no expectation of personal gain. With cultists like you defending the scumbag he really could shoot some one on 5th Ave. with no repercussions.

Funny thing is, I'll bet the quote is out of context.

He is factually correct that the coronavirus is the common cold.

The quotation given does not make any reference to the COVID-19 strain.

Liberal media and pundits make it a habit to quote out of context, construing the meaning, and you guys eat it up, and support such unethical habits.

What does that say about you guys? In my view, it shows you guys are not very moral at all.

OK, I found the transcript. It makes sense and is honest.

You guys in the party of tolerance are so damn intolerant of people expressing things you don't like.

Read the transcript, and expand your mind:

Overhyped Coronavirus Weaponized Against Trump

Feb 24, 2020

Not I had the Hong Kong flu in 1968.

Flu Pandemic (1968)

Death Toll: 1 million
Cause: Influenza
A category 2 Flu pandemic sometimes referred to as “the Hong Kong Flu,” the 1968 flu pandemic was caused by the H3N2 strain of the Influenza A virus, a genetic offshoot of the H2N2 subtype. From the first reported case on July 13, 1968 in Hong Kong, it took only 17 days before outbreaks of the virus were reported in Singapore and Vietnam, and within three months had spread to The Philippines, India, Australia, Europe, and the United States. While the 1968 pandemic had a comparatively low mortality rate (.5%) it still resulted in the deaths of more than a million people, including 500,000 residents of Hong Kong, approximately 15% of its population at the time.

Outbreak: 10 of the Worst Pandemics in History

Notice it killed 15% of the Hong Kong population where it originated. This new Coronavirus is only killing about 2.67% so far, and the annual flu kills about 5.6%.

You guys eating this up.... I dare not say my views.

The legacy of Obama's economy has continued into this presidency has done a pretty good job of masking Trump's buffoon incompetence. But Trump's incompetence is chipping away at all that with more Farmers declaring bankruptcy and as manufacturing slumps etcetera.

I always thought that Trump's incompetence would be gloriously evident if there ever were a crisis. Well, a crisis is upon us with the coronavirus.

See, two years ago Trump fired the entire pandemic response team and they weren't replaced. Since the beginning Trump has loathed and abused science but now more than ever he needs science.

In typical Trump fashion he seems to be more worried about how the coronavirus will affect his re-election prospects than those whom the virus has killed and will kill.

To all the morons who voted for this man, I hope you are happy as more people die to this man's epic stupidity.

If or when a pandemic hits America, it will be in Trump's lap.

If or when a pandemic hits America, it will be in Trump's lap.

I guess you think he can wave a magic wand, and make it stay away.

Remind me... What is your viewpoint on border walls?

OK, I found the transcript. It makes sense and is honest.

You guys in the party of tolerance are so damn intolerant of people expressing things you don't like.

Read the transcript, and expand your mind:

Overhyped Coronavirus Weaponized Against Trump

Feb 24, 2020

Not I had the Hong Kong flu in 1968.

Flu Pandemic (1968)

Death Toll: 1 million
Cause: Influenza
A category 2 Flu pandemic sometimes referred to as “the Hong Kong Flu,” the 1968 flu pandemic was caused by the H3N2 strain of the Influenza A virus, a genetic offshoot of the H2N2 subtype. From the first reported case on July 13, 1968 in Hong Kong, it took only 17 days before outbreaks of the virus were reported in Singapore and Vietnam, and within three months had spread to The Philippines, India, Australia, Europe, and the United States. While the 1968 pandemic had a comparatively low mortality rate (.5%) it still resulted in the deaths of more than a million people, including 500,000 residents of Hong Kong, approximately 15% of its population at the time.

Outbreak: 10 of the Worst Pandemics in History

Notice it killed 15% of the Hong Kong population where it originated. This new Coronavirus is only killing about 2.67% so far, and the annual flu kills about 5.6%.

You guys eating this up.... I dare not say my views.

You think the world has changed a bit since 1968-69? The world is smaller due to technological advances like travel and trade business. Hong Kong was under British rule then as well, think that may have a good thing too.

The legacy of Obama's economy has continued into this presidency has done a pretty good job of masking Trump's buffoon incompetence. But Trump's incompetence is chipping away at all that with more Farmers declaring bankruptcy and as manufacturing slumps etcetera.

I always thought that Trump's incompetence would be gloriously evident if there ever were a crisis. Well, a crisis is upon us with the coronavirus.

See, two years ago Trump fired the entire pandemic response team and they weren't replaced. Since the beginning Trump has loathed and abused science but now more than ever he needs science.

In typical Trump fashion he seems to be more worried about how the coronavirus will affect his re-election prospects than those whom the virus has killed and will kill.

To all the morons who voted for this man, I hope you are happy as more people die to this man's epic stupidity.

Two years ago there was no so-called "pandemic" and so it only made good economic sense to reduce the number of unnecessary government employees by allowing the unneeded ones to return to private enterprise positions where they would actually have to be productive in order to continue to receive their paycheques.

So far only a measly 0.0010% of the world's population has been affected by the so-called "pandemic" and that is a number that is so far below being statistically significant that it doesn't even qualify as "noise" in the data.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

Source for 5.6% mortality rate for the flu?

Magic walls? The one that germs can’t get through?

Magic walls? The one that germs can’t get through?

I think you know what I mean.

I'll bet you are against the president wanting to build a border wall to beep illegal immigrants out, and then going to blame him for a pandemic that he has no control one.

Are you that hypocrite?

I think you know what I mean.

I'll bet you are against the president wanting to build a border wall to beep illegal immigrants out, and then going to blame him for a pandemic that he has no control one.

Are you that hypocrite?

Not blaming Trump for what is beyond his control. All that happens in response is under his control. It would be a mite more comforting if Trump had displayed leadership and concern for the country the past three years.

Really now?

"Words have meaning." They don't mean what you want them to, and Rush is a master of making people look bad who rush to judgement.

First of, he didn't specify the strain of the cold virus. It is the COVID-19 strain that is worse than most cold viruses. After reading this article, I 100% agree with Rush. The media and the left have weaponized this outbreak to make the president look bad.

Now... read this please:

So far, the new coronavirus, dubbed COVID-19, has led to more than 75,000 illnesses and 2,000 deaths, primarily in mainland China. But that's nothing compared with the flu, also called influenza. In the U.S. alone, the flu has already caused an estimated 26 million illnesses, 250,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

How does the new coronavirus compare with the flu? | Live Science

Now for a little math.

2,000 / 75,000 = 2.67% deaths per illness for the COVID-19
14,000 / 250,000 = 5.6 % deaths per illness for this years flu.

Lefties are so easily lead astray with propaganda. You guys on the left, so full of hate, never seem to verify the propaganda the media gives you.

Why are you only using the number of hospitalizations for your calculation of flu mortality? You used number of illnesses when calculating COVID-19 mortality..

Let's do some more math...

14,000 / 26,000,000 = 0.000538461538462% deaths per illness for this years flu.

Want to try again?

Last edited:
Why are you only using the number of hospitalizations for your calculation of flu mortality?

The Lord and his ilk are good at this. Better pack a lunch and get a flashlight.

The Lord and his ilk are good at this. Better pack a lunch and get a flashlight.

I'm good... went to liberal lefty school and learnt a little math myself...

Why are you only using the number of hospitalizations for your calculation of flu mortality? You used number of illnesses when calculating COVID-19 mortality..

Let's do some more math...

14,000 / 26,000,000 = 0.000538461538462% deaths per illness for this years flu.

Want to try again?

You're right.

I took the hospitalization number of 250,000 instead of the illnesses.

I don't expect to hear from the helpless Dems that Obama included $310M in his tax/recovery plan for drug/scientific development.

Maybe we should be more heavily subsidizing the drug industry than we already do with specific funding of certain R&D of this nature.

No, I don't but I'm not the f***ing moron who claimed the coronavirus will go away with Spring. I'm not the one who dumped the entire pandemic response team and cut funding to both the CDC and NIH.

Thanks for the gish-galloping derail. Ask me on appropriate thread and I'll be happy to answer.

The CDC already has contingency plans. Most certainly don't need a group of elitists getting pay producing no work.

Again, Can you show me anything they accomplished of value in their 2 years?

Fire departments spend less than 5% of their time actually fighting fires, so, if I accept your position, that means that fire departments should all be disbanded as being "economically unproductive".

No, I don't but I'm not the f***ing moron who claimed the coronavirus will go away with Spring. I'm not the one who dumped the entire pandemic response team and cut funding to both the CDC and NIH.

Thanks for the gish-galloping derail. Ask me on appropriate thread and I'll be happy to answer.

How would a pandemic response team help?

They didn't do anything buy collect a paycheck when they were a team. They did no preparation.

So please tell the class...

What would be better with them active? Isn't the CDC doing a good enough job?

Back
Top Bottom