• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations

That wasn't the question I asked though was it? Did or did not Trump say he would go after Hillary during his campaign?

Are you saying he made a bad decision then to say that during his campaign?

I did answer you.

Trump spoke for half the country when he said hillary should be put in jail

That quote will become part of American history

But now its time to move on to the more serious task of immigration, trade and jobs.

We should start a pool on what is next on his list that he will choose not to do.

Poor trumpettes... It must be pretty heartbreaking being that this seemed to be one of the top three or four things that wound you guys up to cast a vote for him.

What matters now is that he continue moving left, not that he fulfill his ill-advised campaign pledges.

Seems like both sides can agree on that.

I did answer you.

Trump spoke for half the country when he said hillary should be put in jail

That quote will become part of American history

But now its time to move on to the more serious task of immigration, trade and jobs.

And when he doesn't do those things, like he said he would go after Hillary, I wonder what wonderful excuse you will use then. Can't wait to see.

Yes, and you don't seem to care the damage that is done to serve your revenge.

You have it backwards

You are the one taunting Trump to make an emotionsl decision that may not be the best decision for the country

And when he doesn't do those things, like he said he would go after Hillary, I wonder what wonderful excuse you will use then. Can't wait to see.

If trump does nothing and accomplishes nothing it wont be pretty for him

Unlike obama trump will not be allowed to be a failure in office

He has to perform

Last edited:
You have it backwards

You are the one taunting Trump to make an emotionsl decision that may not be the best decision for the country

Nope I am just pointing out one of many soon to be broken promises that Trump has made.

If trump does nothing and accomplishes nothing it wont be pretty for him

Unlike obama trump will not be allowed to be a failure in office

He has to preform

Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that. Like you and the others would vote against Trump to get a Dem elected in 2020 if Trump were horrible. Please tell us another one that will make us laugh.

No, what we need, that includes the Repubs and trump, is for Hillary to just go away, let her leave and get on with the business they were hired for, any prosecution will be taken as a trump being vindictive and would galvanize the left, bad idea. Let her walk off like Nixon and the Nation will be better off in the long run.
Flat out wrong and lazy.

The message needs be sent. Condoning criminality at We the people's expense, setting up a two tiered Justice System for the elites is not the message that should be sent, and by doing what you propose, that is exactly what it will be read as.

No, we need to send the message to those currently engaged in criminality at those levels, as well as those would be criminals considering/planning it for the future. You do the crime, no matter who you are, you go to jail. That will prevent more occurrence in the near future [ people who think like this forget the penalties long term] and that is good for everyone, including the would be criminal deterred from ever doing the crime.

She deserves to have a special prosecutor investigation followed by her day in court.

But Trump has bigger fish to fry than one greedy incompetent old lady

Bigger fish is always a good excuse for sloppy work and lack of detail.

Why would Trump voter be disheartened? Most people voted for Trump to keep Hillary out of the White House and Hillary will not be in the White House.

did or did not Trump say he would go after Hillary during his campaign? Are you saying he made a bad decision then to say that during his campaign?

As Harry Reid famously said “Well, they call it whatever they want, Romney didn’t win, did he?”

Bigger fish is always a good excuse for sloppy work and lack of detail.

It can be for career politicaian who have spent their whole life in politics and never had to meet a bottom line.

But that is not trump

Well, that may not be completely true. I doubt that Trump will go Obama on us and attempt imperial powers over others. The FBI may want to press charges. The AG may agree. Congress may have their own issues. Trump should not meddle outside of his influence. Justice is blind.

What in his rhetoric, history, or personality would lead you to doubt that?

That thought should scare the **** out of liberals

Because any game your side can think up our side can learn to play

What in his rhetoric, history, or personality would lead you to doubt that?
All of that.
He has been a business person and therefore never had the power to create his own rules. His success is based on hiring good people and trusting them to make good decisions and to comply with existing laws. He knows that whenever he steps out, there are forces to slap him back in. Business is based not on raw political power but unpressured consensus with others, providing goods and services that people freely chose. Maybe the power of the Presidency will go to his head but that is unlikely with the highly critical press and the narrow victory that he had. This is completely different from say Clinton who has always lived with power to manipulate and use raw political power.

I mean, Conway is one of Trump's closest advisors and she said he's not going to pursue it. I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for.

Uhh, you used that very website to push a lie before (which I had to debunk for you). There's proof you've used Canada Free Press. What do you mean you'd never heard of them? Do you regularly post lies from sources of whom you've never heard? I find it incredibly hypocritical for you to call out people for sources (as you've done multiple times in multiple threads now) when you post lies from sources of whom you claim you have never heard.

OMG. Here you go again.

LOL!!

You really have a hard on for me, don't you?

So I saw this on Morning Joe today, and already found a link for it. Kelly Ann goes into detail about it while visiting Morning Joe as well.

BREAKING: Trump Will Not Pursue Clinton Investigations; She’s ‘Been Through Enough’ | Mediaite

So there goes one of his selling points.

Anyone who actually expected Trump to go after Clinton is either on crack or should stay away from people selling ocean front property in Arizona and deeds to the Brooklyn bridge.The man had the Clintons show up to wedding and has donated over a hundred thousand dollars to Clinton's senate race and so called charity.

Did either of you gentlemen vote for him?

If not, then I'd think you'd have little to complain about if he doesn't do the things you feared he might do. Seems like you're trying to convince those of us who did that we made a mistake? :roll:

I never expected him to do many, if any, of the extreme things he stated to woo the far right voter base of the Republican Party. Lot's of promises get made in campaigns, some get carried out while others fall to the wayside. :shrug:

As long as he appoints SCOTUS members who support the originalist view of the Second Amendment preserving it as an individual right with few limitations I will think my vote well placed. :coffeepap:

The term "originalist" needs to be taken in context. I see so many people using that term as if it is supposed to be the end of any argument over the Constitution. If it actually were then....

1) We would still have slavery.
2) Black people would only count as 3/5 of a person.
3) Women would not be able to vote.
4) The IRS wouldn't exist...................

Wait..... The IRS wouldn't exist? Works for me. OK, I am an originalist now. :mrgreen:

The term "originalist" needs to be taken in context. I see so many people using that term as if it is supposed to be the end of any argument over the Constitution. If it actually were then....

1) We would still have slavery.
2) Black people would only count as 3/5 of a person.
3) Women would not be able to vote.
4) The IRS wouldn't exist...................

Wait..... The IRS wouldn't exist? Works for me. OK, I am an originalist now. :mrgreen:

You are mistaken

The Constitution has a provision for amendment

All of the changes you list were accomplished by amendments to the originsl document not by some unelected liberal judge issuing a decree

What matters now is that he continue moving left, not that he fulfill his ill-advised campaign pledges.

Seems like both sides can agree on that.

I had hoped for that, until I saw his appointments hes trying for.

In other news: Infamous "Trump Wall" settles and builds ****ty hotel in El Paso Texas called "Rio Trump-de"

And in still other news, Barack Obama STILL hasn't closed GITMO or ended the War on Terror.

Yawnz...

Its not up to Trump whether Clinton is investigated or not. Its up to the justice department. It was wrong for him to threaten to jail her should he be elected and its wrong for him to say she will not be investigated now. Its not up to him. That is the whole point of having an independent department of justice.

Finally. An intelligent post in this thread.

The decision to go after her or not will really be up to Congress. They may indeed re-open the hearings using the information that was revealed by Wikileaks. It is very likely they will call Hillary back in to testify and its even more likely she will refuse to go and her lawyers will plead the 5th on her behalf. Depending on their findings, the JD may indeed decide charges are warranted and the President SHOULD have nothing to do with that decision.

The count of intelligent posts in this thread is up to two. Thanks.

I know it doesn't come from the Conservative Treehouse where you like to get your information, but most people would consider this a credible source.

Since when has ANYTHING CNN said about Trump been credible.

That being said, I for one knew Hillary was completely irrelevant once Trump won the election, so it did not matter much at all what happened to her.

However, if true, then yes, this IS a campaign promise broken.
but one that really does not matter much anyway.
He still needs Democrats to vote on some of his measures, so if leaving Hillary alone is part of the deal, then fine.

She is completely irrelevant now.

Last edited:
Trump will pass some tax cuts, and appoint some conservatives to the supreme court. That's about it. He may tweak Obamacare slightly and call it "Trumpcare", but yeah...that's it.

TrumpCare is gonna be great, just great.

He probably will actually call it Trump care. With government owned clinics across the country that say "TrumpCare" in gaudy gold lettering.

Back
Top Bottom