• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs MSM: Who started it? (1 Viewer)

Who fired the first salvo in the Trump vs MSM "war"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But it is liberals who continuously change things for they way they want them to be and now they have gone rabid because things are changing to what they don't want them to be. What things are is steep Democratic losses over the last six years and decades to come on the Supreme Court. That's the reality. Do you see that as the way things are?
Sorry this is offtopic but since you mentioned the supreme court I wanted to point something out that I was thinking about last night about the court composition and a big misscalculation that the left jurists might have made about its composition.

If Trump ends up a two term potus

Ginsburg would be 92 at the end of his term. (reliably left)
Kennedy is 80 will be 88 (swing vote)
Brennan is 78 and will be 86 (reliably left)

So thats two lefts and a swing vote that Trump might be replacing with right leaning justices. I have to wonder if they are regretting not stepping down while the dems held power. That would result in many 7-2 splits favoring the right. Im not sure Trump would tilt the court that much but he might try.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Am I the only person here who doesn't remember the media loving Trump at any point after he announced his bid for the Presidency? They started out day one calling him a racist, that just doesn't strike me as a "loving" treatment from anyone, let alone journalists.

When he started talking about illegal immigration, that was when he was called racist.

In a sense Trump drew first blood. Here is the transcript of his announcement to run

Election 2016: Transcript - Donald Trump announces presidential candidacy - CBS News

If you read it. He does not attack the press but he does something they cant stand. He goes after left wing sacred cows and the political class in washington. He calls all of them unpatrotic losers. The bias media immeadiately felt the need to rush to their sides defense.

Please provide a link and/or source for your assertion. A time and date and place would be helpful. Was it Trump unjustly blaming the media for something? Was it the media outright lying or lying-by-omission about Trump? Something else?

Please note that the media simply reporting on something that really did happen doesn't qualify, nor does any legit criticisms from Trump.

Please also note that the poll purposely has two options, Trump and the MSM. If you feel the need to say "other" then you don't know and cannot answer the question anyway.

Trump stared it with his asinine and abusive behavior; the media just reported what he was doing and saying, just like this current nonsense with Morning Joe and Mika. The Republicans are complaining a great deal about his behavior as well, so guess that to the far right, their own representatives are "fake news".

The sooner Trump is run out of office the better off we'll all be.

Your answer reminds me of when I was a kid and another kid started a fight with me. I would get scolded by my parents and when I tried to explain that the kid started it. Their response was "your older, you should no better" It seems like your using the same kind of rationalization except its Your the potus we expect more class from than the media. I personally do not subscribe to that kind of thinking but I respect that its your opinion.

I am of the opinion that they both need to call for a truce and bury the hatchet. Problem is im not sure both sides are interested in a truce.
That's an interesting perspective, and it made me think. I come down it this being solely involving adults, though, and both sides should know better.

That's truly hilarious. Let's do this once again. "Who owns the liberal media?"

Trying to deny that most of the mainstream media slants left just means how much they have their heads in the sand. It would be like Fox News watchers believing that Fox News isn't slanted.

Trying to deny that most of the mainstream media slants left just means how much they have their heads in the sand. It would be like Fox News watchers believing that Fox News isn't slanted.

Once again, who owns the liberal media?

Sorry this is offtopic but since you mentioned the supreme court I wanted to point something out that I was thinking about last night about the court composition and a big misscalculation that the left jurists might have made about its composition.

If Trump ends up a two term potus

Ginsburg would be 92 at the end of his term. (reliably left)
Kennedy is 80 will be 88 (swing vote)
Brennan is 78 and will be 86 (reliably left)

So thats two lefts and a swing vote that Trump might be replacing with right leaning justices. I have to wonder if they are regretting not stepping down while the dems held power. That would result in many 7-2 splits favoring the right. Im not sure Trump would tilt the court that much but he might try.

Like most everyone else, it was felt that Hillary's election was in the bag. I think there are a lot of regrets at many levels, all the way up to Ginsburg or sure and possibly Brennan. Not so sure about Kennedy though. But, hindsight is 20/20 and no one owns a working crystal ball. I'm glad the Court is leaning right instead of left as I'm tired of the liberal agenda being forced down everyone's throats but I actually don't like the Supreme Court as a whole making the laws instead of interpreting them, as it was meant to. I think the whole Supreme Court thing in general is nothing but a partisan farce. We need a better system to put judges on that bench. We need nine Kennedys instead of just one.

I totally agree. The left should be embarrassed as hell at themselves.

Dude on this one you have lost all credibility. Our president on a near daily basis acts like a spoiled 10 year old bully on his twitter account, and you think its the lefts fault. Pathetic.

Your answer reminds me of when I was a kid and another kid started a fight with me. I would get scolded by my parents and when I tried to explain that the kid started it. Their response was "your older, you should no better" It seems like your using the same kind of rationalization except its Your the potus we expect more class from than the media. I personally do not subscribe to that kind of thinking but I respect that its your opinion.

I am of the opinion that they both need to call for a truce and bury the hatchet. Problem is im not sure both sides are interested in a truce.

You seem to be ignoring that is is how our president has acted with everyone for his entire life. The problem is not the media, the problem is that we have a president that is a walking personality disorder, mentally unfit for the office, and all around despicable human being. The media didn't make him that way. He has been that way for decades. The media is treating him no differently than they would treat any other despicable human being in a position of power on the world stage.

I seem to having a senior moment. Why don't you make it easy on me and tell me who owns the liberal media.

You rant and rave about the liberal media being such a nemesis to our nation and you don't know who owns them. It would behoove you to use a portion of your rant time to find out.

You rant and rave about the liberal media being such a nemesis to our nation and you don't know who owns them. It would behoove you to use a portion of your rant time to find out.

They are babies whining about how their guy is being treated. Ignoring of course that he brought it all on himself. They are like the kind of parents that have a kid that never goes to practice, sucks when he does play, but they want him to get a trophy anyway because the other kids got one.

You seem to be ignoring that is is how our president has acted with everyone for his entire life. The problem is not the media, the problem is that we have a president that is a walking personality disorder, mentally unfit for the office, and all around despicable human being. The media didn't make him that way. He has been that way for decades. The media is treating him no differently than they would treat any other despicable human being in a position of power on the world stage.
His long history of intimidation through lawsuits is ample evidence of this... if not outright proof.

have it your way.... its all trumps fault. the media are the rightous ones defending the american dream from the tyranny of the right. enjoy your fantasy.

Dude on this one you have lost all credibility. Our president on a near daily basis acts like a spoiled 10 year old bully on his twitter account, and you think its the lefts fault. Pathetic.

Bingo! It is the left's fault for being so rabid they have to attack Trump 24/7 and then they expect him not to attack back. I applaud him wholeheartedly for fighting with fire. The solution is to stop the 24/7 resistance and not attack Trump for rabid stuff.

In other words, you don't know.

In other words, you don't know.

Of course I do. I asked you if you knew who owns the so-called "Liberal Media" and obviously you don't and now you are apparently implying that I should tell you and that you aren't willing to do the reach to find.

You just want to continue to bitch and moan about something that you didn't don't have a clue about.

But fret not. You're not alone. There's a lot of folks doing the same thing.

It was Trump that started it....against FoxNews ....on August 9, 2015....

"...So Trump was mad at Fox after the first Republican debate, because he didn't like that the moderators called him out repeatedly and asked him "hard" questions.

It amazes me that other networks seem to treat me so much better than @FoxNews. I brought them the biggest ratings in history, & I get zip!
1:42 PM - 9 Aug 2015 · New Jersey, USA

Then, Fox News honcho Roger Ailes called and made nice....

Roger Ailes just called. He is a great guy & assures me that “Trump” will be treated fairly on @FoxNews. His word is always good!
9:35 AM - 10 Aug 2015

Fox News then had the gall to report on not-so-great Trump poll numbers, prompting Trump to lash out at Bill O'Reilly and Fox in general...

.@FoxNews has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won't be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future.
10:02 AM - 23 Sep 2015

Fox says that Trump was angry that the network had canceled a Trump appearance, which sounds about right. But that said, the "foreseeable future" lasted about four days last time. Maybe he can break that record....

Donald Trump is at war with the media as of noon Wednesday

Last edited:
It was Trump that started it....against FoxNews ....on August 9, 2015....

"...So Trump was mad at Fox after the first Republican debate, because he didn't like that the moderators called him out repeatedly and asked him "hard" questions. Then, Fox News honcho Roger Ailes called and made nice....

Fox News then had the gall to report on not-so-great Trump poll numbers, prompting Trump to lash out at Bill O'Reilly and Fox in general...

Fox says that Trump was angry that the network had canceled a Trump appearance, which sounds about right. But that said, the "foreseeable future" lasted about four days last time. Maybe he can break that record....

Donald Trump is at war with the media as of noon Wednesday

That's part of my recollection, also, though I don't remember if it was first. Trump was upset that he kept getting hammered to actually answer questions (what a concept, eh?), and he retaliated like he has shown to be his SOP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom