• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump vs MSM: Who started it?

Who fired the first salvo in the Trump vs MSM "war"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Frankly, I don't know what in the hell would be wrong with someone for them to think of Obama or his predecessor Bush, as a despicable human being. Seriously what in the hell is wrong with you?

You might disagree with many or even all of Obama's policies, but I cannot imagine how one would think he was fundamentally a bad person. Similarly, I disagreed with many of Bush's policies and actions while in office, but I never once thought he was a bad person. Just because you don't like someone's policies does not make them a despicable person.

Personally, I can think of only three politicians that I consider to be despicable people: Anthony Weiner, Alan Grayson, Ted Cruz, and Donald Trump.

First, I have to ask you what Bush has to do with anything? You made a statement about Trump that I disagreed with and I mentioned Obama as meeting your qualifications...which, by the way, have nothing to do with policies.

Now...why I think Obama is a "despicable human being in a very prominent position on the world stage" and who did not get the same kind of coverage that Trump gets:

1. Obama is a liar.

2. Obama constantly refused to take responsibility for his actions.

3. Obama used his government position and power for political purposes.

That is just a start for why I think Obama is despicable...and, in some cases, criminal. Now...I challenge you to show how Obama ever received the same kind of constant negative coverage for these...and other despicable actions...from the Mainstream Media.

First, I have to ask you what Bush has to do with anything? You made a statement about Trump that I disagreed with and I mentioned Obama as meeting your qualifications...which, by the way, have nothing to do with policies.

Now...why I think Obama is a "despicable human being in a very prominent position on the world stage" and who did not get the same kind of coverage that Trump gets:

1. Obama is a liar.

2. Obama constantly refused to take responsibility for his actions.

3. Obama used his government position and power for political purposes.

That is just a start for why I think Obama is despicable...and, in some cases, criminal. Now...I challenge you to show how Obama ever received the same kind of constant negative coverage for these...and other despicable actions...from the Mainstream Media.

Well guess what the vast majority of Americans disagree with you about Obama. Most people even if they don't like his policies think he is a good person. The same cannot be said for Trump, and its nothing pure rabid partisanship on your part that blinds you to that.

Well guess what the vast majority of Americans disagree with you about Obama. Most people even if they don't like his policies think he is a good person. The same cannot be said for Trump, and its nothing pure rabid partisanship on your part that blinds you to that.

Doesn't bother me about the "vast majority". I gave you my opinion. I gave the reasons for my opinion. Evidently you cannot dispute my opinion or my reasons...except to say what the "vast majority" thinks. I'm not surprised that you cannot dispute my reasons...your "vast majority" probably cannot, either.

But I didn't give any opinion about Trump and I don't engage in "pure rabid partisanship". I'm not blind to anything. Seems to me you are just making **** up again.

Have fun with that.

Has someone else logged in under your name or something? You might want to extricate your head from Trump's ass so you can see what you just posted. Who knew that things like common decency and respect for women were "liberal values".

If so called journalists have no respect for the president then he should have no respect for them. I can't think of a single bad thing or tweet Trump has said that wasn't in response to them attacking him first. If they want respect then it needs to start with them. There is a new sheriff in town and if someone shoots bullets at him he is going to return fire. Political correctness is over and the left is going to have to get used to it. The solution is to not fire at Trump.

Who fired the first salvo in the Trump vs MSM "war"?

Please provide a link and/or source for your assertion. A time and date and place would be helpful. Was it Trump unjustly blaming the media for something? Was it the media outright lying or lying-by-omission about Trump? Something else?

Please note that the media simply reporting on something that really did happen doesn't qualify, nor does any legit criticisms from Trump.

Please also note that the poll purposely has two options, Trump and the MSM. If you feel the need to say "other" then you don't know and cannot answer the question anyway.

It's the default position of conservative Republicans to hate on the MSM. Nothing had to initiate this particular war. Trump carried it with him from the start.

If so called journalists have no respect for the president then he should have no respect for them. I can't think of a single bad thing or tweet Trump has said that wasn't in response to them attacking him first. If they want respect then it needs to start with them. There is a new sheriff in town and if someone shoots bullets at him he is going to return fire. Political correctness is over and the left is going to have to get used to it. The solution is to not fire at Trump.

The MSM doesn't have to fire any shots at Trump...he self destructs all on his own...Approval rating of 35% ....LMAO

I'll take that comment as a full fledged admission that most of the mainstream media is indeed liberal.

Yes the media is liberal. Science is liberal. That's because we look at things for what they are, rather than what we want them to be. Reality has a way of being liberal in that it is always hard to pin down, the more we learn the more questions we develop. Conservatives hate uncertainty, but that uncertainty is reality. Conservatives hate relativity but reality is relative to perspective. We liberals can't just make things up to sooth our fears the way you can. We face reality head on as a challenge to be addressed. We strive to advance and do better rather than stay within the comfort zone of the known and certain.

I'll take that comment as a full fledged admission that most of the mainstream media is indeed liberal.

You made a very wrong assumption. Why don't you try doing something you're not use to force your a fingers to meander over to Goggle and find out for yourself.

Doesn't bother me about the "vast majority". I gave you my opinion. I gave the reasons for my opinion. Evidently you cannot dispute my opinion or my reasons...except to say what the "vast majority" thinks. I'm not surprised that you cannot dispute my reasons...your "vast majority" probably cannot, either.

But I didn't give any opinion about Trump and I don't engage in "pure rabid partisanship". I'm not blind to anything. Seems to me you are just making **** up again.

Have fun with that.

With all due respect, you only made allegations about Obama, e.g., "Obama is a liar." Do you really want to have a liar-off between Obama and Trump? One could let FOX News be the judge and Trump would still win by a lot, so long as Hannity wasn't involved.

Currently, Trump owns them

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

"He wished" and at some point in time Trump will threaten to sue take every asset that owned by a given corporation which actually owns (in some cases many) media outlets. Of course if he actually does petition a suit he'll lose just like he has so many times amidst his career 3500 lawsuits.

With all due respect, you only made allegations about Obama, e.g., "Obama is a liar." Do you really want to have a liar-off between Obama and Trump? One could let FOX News be the judge and Trump would still win by a lot, so long as Hannity wasn't involved.

The point I was responding to was the contention that any other despicable President would receive the same treatment from the media that Trump has. I mentioned Obama as a despicable President who has NOT received the same treatment. I also explained why I think Obama is despicable and being a liar is one of the reasons.

I was NOT comparing Obama to Trump. I'm not interested in comparing Obama to Trump. One person being despicable or more despicable doesn't mean the other person is more or less despicable. If you don't think Obama is a despicable President, make your case. If you think he has received the same treatment from the media that Trump has, make your case. But don't waste my time comparing the two guys.

If you have to lash out at anyone that offers any criticism at all of you, then you need a therapist at minimum. I don't lash out and do things like insult the looks of anyone at work that criticizes something I have said or done. If I did, I would be out of a job because every employer expects common decency from their employees. I don't what the hell is wrong with some of y'all. Common decency and a minimum of personal restraint and self discipline is not political correctness. It has nothing at all to do with it. Do you have any idea how history will judge Trump and his actions? I can tell you he will not be judged well. No one 100 years from now will be reading in their history books how President Trump bravely challenged political correctness. What they will read is how he was easily the most mentally unfit man ever to hold the office of the presidency, and how shameful it was for his supporters to make excuses for his despicable behavior.

They loved him right up until it appeared he had a real chance of winning the primaries, then they turned on him and are unleashing the most viscious smear campaign I have seen in my lifetime

Am I the only person here who doesn't remember the media loving Trump at any point after he announced his bid for the Presidency? They started out day one calling him a racist, that just doesn't strike me as a "loving" treatment from anyone, let alone journalists.

If you have to lash out at anyone that offers any criticism at all of you, then you need a therapist at minimum. I don't lash out and do things like insult the looks of anyone at work that criticizes something I have said or done. If I did, I would be out of a job because every employer expects common decency from their employees. I don't what the hell is wrong with some of y'all. Common decency and a minimum of personal restraint and self discipline is not political correctness. It has nothing at all to do with it. Do you have any idea how history will judge Trump and his actions? I can tell you he will not be judged well. No one 100 years from now will be reading in their history books how President Trump bravely challenged political correctness. What they will read is how he was easily the most mentally unfit man ever to hold the office of the presidency, and how shameful it was for his supporters to make excuses for his despicable behavior.
I agree that Trump is a vain person and insulting peoples physical attributes is a reflection of his vanity. Thats fair to say about him. I wonder though, do you have criticism of how these media figures are going after him. They come off as a pretty vain bunch too, at least from my perspective they do. Do you think this conteniousness is all Trumps fault or do you see it as both sides needing a lesson in decorum?

I agree that Trump is a vain person and insulting peoples physical attributes is a reflection of his vanity. Thats fair to say about him. I wonder though, do you have criticism of how these media figures are going after him. They come off as a pretty vain bunch too, at least from my perspective they do. Do you think this conteniousness is all Trumps fault or do you see it as both sides needing a lesson in decorum?

I think at times the media has gone to far, but I still blame it entirely on Trump. He is the president of the United States, he has yet to even go a single day in office acting like one.

You made a very wrong assumption. Why don't you try doing something you're not use to force your a fingers to meander over to Goggle and find out for yourself.

You clearly said it. It is immortalized in post you can't take back. Trying to deflect changes nothing.

Yes the media is liberal. Science is liberal. That's because we look at things for what they are, rather than what we want them to be. Reality has a way of being liberal in that it is always hard to pin down, the more we learn the more questions we develop. Conservatives hate uncertainty, but that uncertainty is reality. Conservatives hate relativity but reality is relative to perspective. We liberals can't just make things up to sooth our fears the way you can. We face reality head on as a challenge to be addressed. We strive to advance and do better rather than stay within the comfort zone of the known and certain.

But it is liberals who continuously change things for they way they want them to be and now they have gone rabid because things are changing to what they don't want them to be. What things are is steep Democratic losses over the last six years and decades to come on the Supreme Court. That's the reality. Do you see that as the way things are?

I think at times the media has gone to far, but I still blame it entirely on Trump. He is the president of the United States, he has yet to even go a single day in office acting like one.
Your answer reminds me of when I was a kid and another kid started a fight with me. I would get scolded by my parents and when I tried to explain that the kid started it. Their response was "your older, you should no better" It seems like your using the same kind of rationalization except its Your the potus we expect more class from than the media. I personally do not subscribe to that kind of thinking but I respect that its your opinion.

I am of the opinion that they both need to call for a truce and bury the hatchet. Problem is im not sure both sides are interested in a truce.

Back
Top Bottom