• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Train Losing Steam

So no, you don't know how elections work. Here, I'll help you out.

In a little over a year we will begin the process where both major parties start hosting caucuses and primaries. After the first ones, candidates will start dropping out. Eventually, before each party has its convention, there will be someone on each side who has won the plurality of votes and is collecting delegates who will show up at the conventions and cast their supports for the candidates who won their support. Then we will know, sometime in the summer of 2020, who both party candidates are. And their running mates.

This is 2019 and there will be no candidates selected as the official party representative. You'll have to wait like everyone else will for at least another year.

So then, you have no clue whatever the identity of the opponent who will oppose Trump.

It's very difficult to beat something with nothing. So far, nothin' is what you got.

So then, you have no clue whatever the identity of the opponent who will oppose Trump.

It's very difficult to beat something with nothing. So far, nothin' is what you got.

Of course I have no clue. Are you going to make even more stupid posts? Nobody knows who his opponent will be. And he will have an opponent in 2020. Everyone over the age of 5 knows this.

Good grief. Why do you post on a political board if you don't even understand politics?

Well very soon there'll be hypothetical polls of Trump vs Warren or Trump vs whoever throws their hat in this year. That should at least provide some gauge of a matchup. If the trumpists need a name and a face to hate on they can start with 'pocahontas' already one of their favorites, with a convenient racial slur already well-branded. The more Trump tweets it the more he'll look like an ass.

We'll see how accurate your predictions might be.

You seemed to back away from the damage Trump has done to the various trouble spots when pressed.

Well inaction is sometimes as bad as taking the wrong action. Do we say trump has 'made' things worse or 'let' them become worse?

His cosy relationship with Putin certainly emboldens the Russian dictator and may have contributed to renewed attacks on Ukraine. Pulling out of Syria hands it to Putin and has already caused the Kurds to turn to Assad for help. Leaving Afghanistan too early may create a similar power vacuum. Rather than take a mediating position in Israel, he's taken sides, worsening the conflict there; North Korea is not giving up its nukes after Trump claimed a deal, and since the US pulled out of the Iran treaty, that country may restart theirs. His chummy relationship with MBS emboldens the prince's despotic tendencies. Relations with NATO allies are dismal. All in two short years.

Wages are the highest they have ever been since Trump took office. There are more Americans working than ever since Trump took office. Paychecks are bigger and employees are keeping a larger share of the larger paychecks they are receiving.

Nope, wages are stagnant and there are strong signs a recession is on the way. His trade war hasn't helped, his tariffs have cost jobs and people are making an average of 0.2% more after this massive tax cut that went to the rich. Hasn't done a thing.

Made the swamp worse? How?

This has been extremely well reported on, so I don't know how anyone could have missed it. Apart from the fact Trump has done nothing to get money out of politics - congress is still bought and paid for by mega-donors (at least till the new crop takes over in a couple of days) - he runs the most corrupt cabinet ever. watchdogs like the EPA and CPB are staffed by people who've lobbied against them forever and whose sole job is to deregulate in favor of the industries they work for; his own secretaries and advisors are riddled with personal legal scandals. DeVos, Mnuchin, Pruitt, Flynn, the list goes on.

Moreover he can't keep 'good' people: they keep resigning, if they're not charged with felonies and drummed out. This hardly needs a link as evidence because we've all watched it in real time. He's appointed his relatives to important (and lucrative) positions; he's had more firings, resignations and felonies in half a term than other presidents manage in two whole terms. The whole place is a cesspit full of thieves, liars and vagabonds.

Is this a condition that haunts all of your actions and thoughts or only those regarding Trump?

Actually I have been often called arrogant because I have a lot of confidence in my knowledge, experience and ability. In addition, I have never been scared of anything. What does worry me all the time is the damage that some people (such as Trump) can do to others that don't have the ability that I have. I do care about others much more than I care about myself, but then again why I am telling you this is beyond me as you have no ability to understand such a feeling.
Suffice it to say that I find Trump a huge menace to everyone. He is a scammer and has put himself in a position to scam a large portion of the U.S. populace as well as the world and the amount of damage he can do is huge. Fortunately he is incompetent so hopefully the damage will be somewhat undone by himself. Nonetheless, imagine what Putin has been able to do in Russia and think about Putin being President of the U.S. and maybe you can begin to see what I am talking about. Then again, I have never seen in any of your answers to see anything other than what you believe.

Every day, I find myself amazed by only one thing: That anyone is stupid enough to still be riding on the Trump Train.

You have, with that statement described every politician I have ever observed.

What makes the lies from Trump more objectionable for you than the lies from others?

Politician lie to accomplish what they feel is necessary. Trump lies not only about things he wants but lies for the sake of lying. That is a big difference. Trump is a pathological liar and those are not found everywhere or all the time. Simply stated, his problem is worse than anyone else and therefore worse for the populace

I'm surprised you didn't quote Paul Krugman.

Again, you seem to be unable to separate real world fact from some ethereal dreams that have you terrified.

What has ACTUALLY happened in the real world Mr. Market Trader? Were you able to protect your clients from the issues the markets present?

Do you know the difference between real world fact and misty dreamworld predictions of fear and panic?

With your claimed borderline magical abilities, you should be able to profit even when all others are losing. At least, in your world of dreams.

Code, you should listen to yourself and apply it to yourself.

This will be my last post to you. We have answered each other at least 30 times (if not more) and not even once have you acknowledged any of the truths I speak. As such, there is no reason to continue to discuss anything between us.

Of course I have no clue. Are you going to make even more stupid posts? Nobody knows who his opponent will be. And he will have an opponent in 2020. Everyone over the age of 5 knows this.

Good grief. Why do you post on a political board if you don't even understand politics?

I do.

You, in stark contrast, have not the first clue.

You continue to post wild accusations and do so with venom and anger.

You seem to be a True Believer Liberal.

You are convinced that an unknown person whose policy positions are a mystery will beat Trump. This is exactly the predictions made by ALL of the political elites in 2015 and 2016. Trump's victory has been denied by the same folks ever since.

Sound familiar?

True Believer Liberals are, apparently, a group with learning difficulties.

Well very soon there'll be hypothetical polls of Trump vs Warren or Trump vs whoever throws their hat in this year. That should at least provide some gauge of a matchup. If the trumpists need a name and a face to hate on they can start with 'pocahontas' already one of their favorites, with a convenient racial slur already well-branded. The more Trump tweets it the more he'll look like an ass.

Calling an ethnically white lady by an American Indian name is considered by you to be a racist slur?

That's interesting.

The next election for president will be determined by events that have not yet occurred.

HATE seems to be the only thing that motivates the True Believer Liberal anymore. Maybe HATE will be enough. We'll see.

Well inaction is sometimes as bad as taking the wrong action. Do we say trump has 'made' things worse or 'let' them become worse?

His cosy relationship with Putin certainly emboldens the Russian dictator and may have contributed to renewed attacks on Ukraine. Pulling out of Syria hands it to Putin and has already caused the Kurds to turn to Assad for help. Leaving Afghanistan too early may create a similar power vacuum. Rather than take a mediating position in Israel, he's taken sides, worsening the conflict there; North Korea is not giving up its nukes after Trump claimed a deal, and since the US pulled out of the Iran treaty, that country may restart theirs. His chummy relationship with MBS emboldens the prince's despotic tendencies. Relations with NATO allies are dismal. All in two short years.

Nope, wages are stagnant and there are strong signs a recession is on the way. His trade war hasn't helped, his tariffs have cost jobs and people are making an average of 0.2% more after this massive tax cut that went to the rich. Hasn't done a thing.

This has been extremely well reported on, so I don't know how anyone could have missed it. Apart from the fact Trump has done nothing to get money out of politics - congress is still bought and paid for by mega-donors (at least till the new crop takes over in a couple of days) - he runs the most corrupt cabinet ever. watchdogs like the EPA and CPB are staffed by people who've lobbied against them forever and whose sole job is to deregulate in favor of the industries they work for; his own secretaries and advisors are riddled with personal legal scandals. DeVos, Mnuchin, Pruitt, Flynn, the list goes on.

Moreover he can't keep 'good' people: they keep resigning, if they're not charged with felonies and drummed out. This hardly needs a link as evidence because we've all watched it in real time. He's appointed his relatives to important (and lucrative) positions; he's had more firings, resignations and felonies in half a term than other presidents manage in two whole terms. The whole place is a cesspit full of thieves, liars and vagabonds.

Allies of the US have been left high and dry many times in the past. It's the way we do things. May not be the right way, but it's OUR way.

Wages are stagnant? Where do you get your facts? In your link, it says clearly that wage growth has lagged economists predictions, however, it's the best rate of increase since before Obama.

https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...ompanies-add-a-robust-227-000-jobs-in-october
<snip>
U.S. companies added jobs in October at the healthiest pace in eight months, and wages rose by the most in a decade, the latest evidence of the durable strength of the U.S. job market.
<snip>

If a pile of crap like Washington DC smelled like a pile of crap before Trump and still does, WHY does that make it worse?

Seems about the same to me.

Regarding people resigning, it's possible they watched the vicious and false attacks perpetrated by the lying and hate filled Liberals against Kavanaugh.

In light of that, I don't know what ANYONE would EVER voluntarily subject themselves to that kind of false, slanderous, libelous lie filled attack initiated by the hate filled political Left and enabled by the equally hate filled AND biased media.

I would have thought you'd heard about it. It flowed from all the media outlets.

Actually I have been often called arrogant because I have a lot of confidence in my knowledge, experience and ability. In addition, I have never been scared of anything. What does worry me all the time is the damage that some people (such as Trump) can do to others that don't have the ability that I have. I do care about others much more than I care about myself, but then again why I am telling you this is beyond me as you have no ability to understand such a feeling.
Suffice it to say that I find Trump a huge menace to everyone. He is a scammer and has put himself in a position to scam a large portion of the U.S. populace as well as the world and the amount of damage he can do is huge. Fortunately he is incompetent so hopefully the damage will be somewhat undone by himself. Nonetheless, imagine what Putin has been able to do in Russia and think about Putin being President of the U.S. and maybe you can begin to see what I am talking about. Then again, I have never seen in any of your answers to see anything other than what you believe.

Why did you edit my post to dishonestly change the meaning and then present it as if it had not been edited?

Politician lie to accomplish what they feel is necessary. Trump lies not only about things he wants but lies for the sake of lying. That is a big difference. Trump is a pathological liar and those are not found everywhere or all the time. Simply stated, his problem is worse than anyone else and therefore worse for the populace

Is an inaccurate statement due either to being incomplete or contextually disjointed, in your mind, a lie?

If yes, then lies abound on this board. Check your post above for an example of same.

Code, you should listen to yourself and apply it to yourself.

This will be my last post to you. We have answered each other at least 30 times (if not more) and not even once have you acknowledged any of the truths I speak. As such, there is no reason to continue to discuss anything between us.

What you believe to be "truths" are assumptions, delusions and dogmatic beliefs.

Write a truth and I will believe it. The FACT that you don't know what "truths" are is a problem you should address.

In your borderline precognitive state of being, Mr. Market Trader, did you notice that the DJIA was at an overall gain YTD at the time the Democrat Party seized control of the House?

After that, through the end of the year, a pretty severe drop.

I wonder how the upcoming impeachment, increase of tax rates to 70% and unrestrained profanity by Congress people will drive things going forward...

At least the true hate filled, greedy, divisive, class envious nature of the Left is being demonstrated in the brightness of the light for all to see and for the press to hide.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

Regarding people resigning, it's possible they watched the vicious and false attacks perpetrated by the lying and hate filled Liberals against Kavanaugh.

That's very imaginative, but the hemorrhaging of staff and cabinet began very early in Trump's tenure and has continued ever since. Some of them have left because they know he's a crook, some because they're crooks themselves; many because they just can't work with an incompetent buffoon. And this is all a matter of public record.

Not one said, 'Poor Kavanaugh, hope that doesn't happen to me, i'm out.' if they have it was the lamest face-saving excuse ever. Anyone leaving is fired or resigns due to one of the above.

That's very imaginative, but the hemorrhaging of staff and cabinet began very early in Trump's tenure and has continued ever since. Some of them have left because they know he's a crook, some because they're crooks themselves; many because they just can't work with an incompetent buffoon. And this is all a matter of public record.

Not one said, 'Poor Kavanaugh, hope that doesn't happen to me, i'm out.' if they have it was the lamest face-saving excuse ever. Anyone leaving is fired or resigns due to one of the above.

Could also be based on other stuff.

Trump came from the business world and he was not supposed to win. Everyone laughed at the possibility that he could win until he did win. Except the FBI. We are seeing what their planning has led to. That aside though...

With this non-political background, he had no cadre of sycophants in the political world from which to draw for appointments. He had no network of political Party hangers-on to whom favors were owed.

People from the political world that wormed their way in turned out to be back stabbing lying spies opposing his programs. About the only people he can trust are military and family.

Also, he has a pretty specific and rigorous set of goals he wants to see achieved and he has a pretty ruthless approach to getting things done. Tillerson made no progress in Korea. Tillerson said Trump was an idiot for thinking he could make progress in Korea and resisted the direction. Pompeo may not have been possessed by the notion that Trump is an idiot and so just went ahead and did the work. Voila!

Trump is not only doing things a different way- he is actually DOING things. OMIGOD! Finally!

Why is doing a bunch of stuff and arriving at success such a terrible thing. Obama said that what Trump was proposing would require a magic wand.

Turns out, all it required was Trump. Obama is a political genius which means that he does nothing and gets credit for being effective. Trump just does the stuff.

That's what a businessman does.

Well, I must admit, if I was linked to Lizzy Warren, I'd complain, too. This whole disgrace is just one more example of how ridiculous Leftists are.

Trump indicated that Warren is an American Indian. Turns out she actually DOES have some Native American DNA according to her friend who conducted the study.

Of course, he used samples from "Mexico, Peru and Columbia" to conduct his "study". kind of makes me wonder why the Indian Princess didn't just use 23 and Me.

Seems like it would have been more comprehensive and cost less. I enjoyed the 23 and Me experience although it provided no real surprises or added info that wasn't obvious.

Out of curiosity, do YOU feel like Warren is a Native American? apparently her local tribe does not. Just wondering...

http://checkyourfact.com/2018/10/19/fact-check-elizabeth-warren-native-american-dna-white/
<snip>
Aherns also emphasized that Warren should not be considered Native American.

“Whether it’s 1/64th Native American, 1/1024th Native American, or a relative who may have been Native American 6-10 generations ago, the bottom line is that Elizabeth Warren has, at most, a minuscule amount of Native American heritage.

It’s obvious Warren had absolutely no right to claim minority status while she was climbing the professional ladder to the Ivy League,” he told TheDCNF.
<snip>

So, what do we have left on the Trump Train?

My guess: 10%, 90% of which have their brain where they sit and listen to Sean, Rush and Laura for advice on what to think.

I do.

You, in stark contrast, have not the first clue.

You continue to post wild accusations and do so with venom and anger.

You seem to be a True Believer Liberal.

You are convinced that an unknown person whose policy positions are a mystery will beat Trump. This is exactly the predictions made by ALL of the political elites in 2015 and 2016. Trump's victory has been denied by the same folks ever since.

Sound familiar?

True Believer Liberals are, apparently, a group with learning difficulties.

You don't know anything about elections, do you?

Let me know who the 2020 Democratic nominee is. Because you're the only person in the world who knows it.

Well, I must admit, if I was linked to Lizzy Warren, I'd complain, too. This whole disgrace is just one more example of how ridiculous Leftists are.

Trump indicated that Warren is an American Indian. Turns out she actually DOES have some Native American DNA according to her friend who conducted the study.

Of course, he used samples from "Mexico, Peru and Columbia" to conduct his "study". kind of makes me wonder why the Indian Princess didn't just use 23 and Me.

Seems like it would have been more comprehensive and cost less. I enjoyed the 23 and Me experience although it provided no real surprises or added info that wasn't obvious.

Out of curiosity, do YOU feel like Warren is a Native American? apparently her local tribe does not. Just wondering...

http://checkyourfact.com/2018/10/19/fact-check-elizabeth-warren-native-american-dna-white/
<snip>
Aherns also emphasized that Warren should not be considered Native American.

“Whether it’s 1/64th Native American, 1/1024th Native American, or a relative who may have been Native American 6-10 generations ago, the bottom line is that Elizabeth Warren has, at most, a minuscule amount of Native American heritage.

It’s obvious Warren had absolutely no right to claim minority status while she was climbing the professional ladder to the Ivy League,” he told TheDCNF.
<snip>

I personally think that Warren exaggerated her claims of heritage. She was never affiliated with a tribe for instance, though it is undeniable she has native blood. Still, she seems to be milking it.

But that does not in any way make Trump's racially-laden taunts acceptable. As above, far more native groups condemned him for his remarks than Warren for trying to trade on a sliver of heritage.

In the end, she's the one with native blood and he isn't; and he's the one slinging Native American insults. Done.

I would have to see more consistant polls indicating Trump is loosing support among his base before making such a claim. What is a fact is the base is not expanding. This could be a problem in 2020 if the Dems turnout like they did in the midterms.

I would have to see more consistant polls indicating Trump is loosing support among his base before making such a claim. What is a fact is the base is not expanding. This could be a problem in 2020 if the Dems turnout like they did in the midterms.

The base of the base: white Evangelicals; is still strong. But he’s lost the rest. So, Trump still wins the South and much of the Middle lying west of the Mississippi, but that’s about it.

Can’t win by only appealing to Alabama and the Dakotas.

You don't know anything about elections, do you?

Let me know who the 2020 Democratic nominee is. Because you're the only person in the world who knows it.

You are utterly clueless.

My only point in this that NOBODY knows who the nominee will be. Trump being nominated is not even assured. It is very likely, though.

You are claiming that anyone could and would beat Trump, but that is not supported by real world history. Trump was at a 45% approval in the daily tracking from Rasmussen earlier this week. At that level, incumbents win.

Please. Try to open your eyes and see the world around you. Unless you are doing that "Bird Box" thing. If so, by all means, continue.

I personally think that Warren exaggerated her claims of heritage. She was never affiliated with a tribe for instance, though it is undeniable she has native blood. Still, she seems to be milking it.

But that does not in any way make Trump's racially-laden taunts acceptable. As above, far more native groups condemned him for his remarks than Warren for trying to trade on a sliver of heritage.

In the end, she's the one with native blood and he isn't; and he's the one slinging Native American insults. Done.

Do I need to be a white person to recognize that a person White?

Does anyone need to be biologically connected with any group to comment on the biology of the observed group?

Warren promoted and benefited from an obvious falsehood. Trump called her on it. That's all he did.

This is very American. We have a saying around here: "Put up or shut up!"

AFTER her friend found a way to support her claim, she revealed that she had test results.

IF she was altogether possessed of overwhelming confidence, you might almost think she'd have announced publicly that she was submitting her 23 and Me test kit and maybe even documented spitting into the tube.

Then she could have got her a beer to celebrate.

I'm from Northern Minnesota where Native American alcoholism was a very pronounced problem when I was growing up. Was Warren demeaning anyone when she got her a beer? Did Trump make her say this?

Back
Top Bottom