• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens to lift tariffs on Chinese goods to 30% amid escalating trade war

There is unpublished* consensus on both sides of the isle. Agreement doesn’t drive traffic
* (at leasts MSM)

China is targeting it’s tariffs push efforts on swing states, because they know that in America, winning trumps nationalism every time.

Either China changes to practice “free trade and honest practices” or we disengage from China completely. They have been spoiled by past presidents to believe that if Trump loses, things will go back to “rip off an usual”.

This fight should have started with Clinton, or Bush, or Obama, but they were all out for themselves and their jet set buddies who really run things.

China has targeted your state as a solution to “The Trump problem”. Congratulations.

Yes, China has done that. It's not only my state though. And that kind of thing should have been considered in planning a targeted strategy which had practical metrics to use to define a win, and which both sides could use to save face, instead of this mess we have now between the incredibly-easily offended Trump and a culture where "saving face" is paramount.

Disengaging from China completely would cause the wheels to come off our economy. You present that as something practical that Trump could do to solve the problems he has been making worse. How can I answer that? Thinking like that is part of what is scaring me about my family's future.

Back
Top Bottom