• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Tells Freshman Congresswomen to ‘Go Back’ to the Countries They Came From

So why do people on the left jump on every comment that is an expression of someone's disagreement with political idealogy as racism?

Umm, because it is....racist, that is. It's ****bag's main go-to dogwhistle. He built his entire campaign on it. And the proof that it works so well on his core base is how they can be completely relied to deny it's there.

Last edited:
Yes, I can see why it would be pointless to point out the guy you says puts America first doesn't actually live those values.

Exactly. It IS pointless for you bring up such things. Even if it were true, no one cares when it comes time to vote. And thats what ALL this is about.

Exactly. It IS pointless for you bring up such things. Even if it were true, no one cares when it comes time to vote. And thats what ALL this is about.

You are the one that actually brought it up first here:

"People would rather have an asshole in the white house who puts America and economy first,"

I only thoughtfully pointed out to you that the current asshole in the White House does not in fact put America First as he claims.

Some people, and apparently you are not one of us, actually respect people who back up their words in their personal life and call them out when they don't.

Inheriting a booming economy from Obama and crowing about it is just what ****bag has always done---take credit for other men's work. And how you were able to mangle the message into somehow making it seem to refer to the left is another perfect example of the rightwing disconnect from reality.

That seems to be the argument from the left that Trump inherited a booming economy but the problem is you nor anyone else on the left posts any data supporting that claim whereas I showed the declining GDP dollar growth the last three years of Obama including the 1.6% GDP in 2016 which in your world is a booing economy???

Now run away like most Progressives

1. GDP Growth 2013 to 2018

2013 16784.9
2014 17521.7 736.8
2015 18129.3 607.6
2016 18707.2 577.9

2017 19485.4 778.2
2018 20494.1 1008.7

You are the one that actually brought it up first here:

"People would rather have an asshole in the white house who puts America and economy first,"

I only thoughtfully pointed out to you that the current asshole in the White House does not in fact put America First as he claims.

Some people, and apparently you are not one of us, actually respect people who back up their words in their personal life and call them out when they don't.

Apparently economic results don't resonate in your world as the actual data supports the claim he is putting American first. What you and others do is cheer lead each other, post 24/7 negativity on issues that are of little interest to the American people, and never post any official data supporting your claims.

Apparently economic results don't resonate in your world as the actual data supports the claim he is putting American first. What you and others do is cheer lead each other, post 24/7 negativity on issues that are of little interest to the American people, and never post any official data supporting your claims.

Then it shouldn't be so hard for you to point me to how Trump, in his business and personal life, lives the values of "Hire/Buy American".

Then it shouldn't be so hard for you to point me to how Trump, in his business and personal life, lives the values of "Hire/Buy American".

What Trump supposedly did in his private life before winning the WH is irrelevant because the numbers including employment and GDP growth support my claim that he has indeed put America First and that performance has lowered the African American unemployment rate 1.7% in two years. You people simply cannot celebrate success and continue to focus 24/7 on personality and rhetoric certainly not results. Results matter so if Trump is a racist who do you think all those African Americans are going to vote for in 2020 with the jobs his economy has created? Think they give a damn about made up claims about Trump's personality, lies, supposed violations when they are now working and feeding their families?

What Trump supposedly did in his private life before winning the WH is irrelevant because the numbers including employment and GDP growth support my claim that he has indeed put America First and that performance has lowered the African American unemployment rate 1.7% in two years. You people simply cannot celebrate success and continue to focus 24/7 on personality and rhetoric certainly not results. Results matter so if Trump is a racist who do you think all those African Americans are going to vote for in 2020 with the jobs his economy has created? Think they give a damn about made up claims about Trump's personality, lies, supposed violations when they are now working and feeding their families?

So you can't even provide ONE instance of Trump showing he buys or hires American?

Dang, it's worse than I thought.

Agreed. That was mostly tongue in cheek with a bit of letting me remember what I used to be able to do when I was younger and injury free.

I hear you. It's the same for me with cycling. I remember the good old days of riding without increasingly longer recovery times....

So you can't even provide ONE instance of Trump showing he buys or hires American?

Dang, it's worse than I thought.

Trump IS President and the BLS.gov data shows the hiring of Americans and a U-6 over 2% lower than what Obama left him and GDP growth double what Obama left him. Who do you want Trump to hire as President? Any foreigners in the Executive branch?

...and you continue to ignore the obvious fact that rhetoric does matter to many people; so there's that. I think I'm going to start up a Sisyphus Award and issue it to you, because you sure seem to keep repeating the same point and can't accept the fact there's far more to a presidency than just economic results. Riding a strong economy and never once pulling over 50% approval rating isn't good.

There's always "that guy" who shows up at a party.....

This thread is about radicals like AOC and her gang demonizing the President of the United States and claiming they have the answers to the problems facing this country but haven't offered any which is what liberals do, whine, complain, challenge, name call and offer nothing. If they have solutions isn't it their requirement to show us how to do what they claim isn't being done?

As for hijacking the thread, posters here are claiming Trump to be racists which I challenged with bls.gov data showing African American unemployment 1.7% lower than what Obama, our first African American President left him. Are those number indicative of a racist?

...and you continue to ignore the obvious fact that rhetoric does matter to many people; so there's that. I think I'm going to start up a Sisyphus Award and issue it to you, because you sure seem to keep repeating the same point and can't accept the fact there's far more to a presidency than just economic results. Riding a strong economy and never once pulling over 50% approval rating isn't good.

His job approval rating ON THE ECONOMY is well over 50% and no President has ever lost re-election with a 50% or higher approval rating on the economy. With regards to his personal rating 24/7 marketing and the way questions are asked affect the poll numbers but the reality is the American people except radical blue states will vote their pocketbooks and that means another term for Trump

This thread is about radicals like AOC and her gang demonizing the President of the United States and claiming they have the answers to the problems facing this country but haven't offered any which is what liberals do, whine, complain, challenge, name call and offer nothing. If they have solutions isn't it their requirement to show us how to do what they claim isn't being done?

As for hijacking the thread, posters here are claiming Trump to be racists which I challenged with bls.gov data showing African American unemployment 1.7% lower than what Obama, our first African American President. Are those number indicative of a racist?

The thread is actually about what Trump said about them; something he chose to do on his own. He could have easily challenged their idea in myriad ways, but chose the "if you don't like it, get out". There are certainly issues with policies proposed by Democratic contenders, but the answer he provided addresses none of them. Also, you're implying that Trump had a specific policy that helped employ more African Americans, or is it that he's just taking credit for overall employment growth?

His job approval rating ON THE ECONOMY is well over 50% and no President has ever lost re-election with a 50% or higher approval rating on the economy. With regards to his personal rating 24/7 marketing and the way questions are asked affect the poll numbers but the reality is the American people except radical blue states will vote their pocketbooks and that means another term for Trump

Cool. That still doesn't change the fact that OVER ALL he's not polling favorably. Kind of like getting an A in math and flunking everything else. He hasn't even polled well in outlets which normally slant GOP (Harris, Rasmussen).

The thread is actually about what Trump said about them; something he chose to do on his own. He could have easily challenged their idea in myriad ways, but chose the "if you don't like it, get out". There are certainly issues with policies proposed by Democratic contenders, but the answer he provided addresses none of them. Also, you're implying that Trump had a specific policy that helped employ more African Americans, or is it that he's just taking credit for overall employment growth?

To be accurate, he said, if you don't like it, get out, test your theory elsewhere, and come back and show us how its done.

As for hijacking the thread, posters here are claiming Trump to be racists which I challenged with bls.gov data showing African American unemployment 1.7% lower than what Obama, our first African American President left him. Are those number indicative of a racist?

How do the BLS stats prove that Trump isn’t racist? All they prove is that black people are working. There was 100% black employment in the Confederate States and no would argue that that didn’t make them racist.

And no I’m not suggesting that Trump is a slaver. Just that the numbers you cite don’t prove a damned thing as regards Trumps views on race.

To be accurate, he said, if you don't like it, get out, test your theory elsewhere, and come back and show us how its done.

Yes, that is correct. It was still a dismissive comment rather than addressing the policy issues he has with the congresswomen in question.

Yes, that is correct. It was still a dismissive comment rather than addressing the policy issues he has with the congresswomen in question.

Agreed, extremely dismissive....but in all fairness, they haven't done much since getting into Congress except yell at the sky and shake their first.....15 bills sponsored between the 4 of them....since they were sworn in....and 50% of that, comes from ONE of them....

How do the BLS stats prove that Trump isn’t racist? All they prove is that black people are working. There was 100% black employment in the Confederate States and no would argue that that didn’t make them racist.

And no I’m not suggesting that Trump is a slaver. Just that the numbers you cite don’t prove a damned thing as regards Trumps views on race.

What is a bit more telling is the housing discrimination case brought against Trump and his father, which they settled out of court.

Agreed, extremely dismissive....but in all fairness, they haven't done much since getting into Congress except yell at the sky and shake their first.....15 bills sponsored between the 4 of them....since they were sworn in....and 50% of that, comes from ONE of them....

They're new. We'll see what their careers amount to as they go through it.

They're new. We'll see what their careers amount to as they go through it.

It's not about them being new....it's about them doing more yelling and screaming...than governing....

Quorum

Back
Top Bottom