• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Supporter, 15, Beaten During Rockville Protest (2 Viewers)

You aren't listening to me.

What you are doing, is taking the actions of a few and using them to broad brush an entire group of people. Do you not realise how dishonest that is?
NObody is accusing all Liberals. Stop with the "a general statement means it is an accusation of all" crap.

Generalizations exist so that conversation can flow more easily and it is understood in advance that general statements are not a reflection of the whole, but of the ones that are specifically being addressed.

EX. Women are more emotional than men. Nobody who is even slightly intelligent thinks that this means that every single woman is more emotional than every single man. There are obviously logic bound emotionless people and some men are blubbering emotional disasters.

Actually you can't go mixing up different sentences that I've written and then commenting on your garbage collection of words.

There has been a widespread (ie nationwide) increase of hate crimes since the election
Hundreds of hate crimes have been reported.
Hate crimes have been committed in trumps name.
Trump supporters have engaged in physical violence.

All of these are true, but you cant' go taking a few words from one sentence and mixing it with another. AAAAANNNDDDD the point of this is that people who condemn the attack in the OP (as I do) should also condemn the hundreds of other attacks. You can't be against violence and hate only when it's politically expedient.

A more honest person would just admit you made up your little claim. I see you have no intention of doing so.

Do you wonder why people from both sides of the isle are not playing along with your little game.

but you cant' go taking a few words from one sentence and mixing it with another.

One, single solitary, sentence

"Hundreds of hate crimes have been committed in the name of Trump in the last week."

Hundreds, plural.

Hate CRIMES, meaning there must be verifiable criminality.

Committed in the name of Trump. So it must be clear, not just someone thinking it may've been. This is important as your OWN SOURCE showed when they mistakenly thought they were attacked because of Trump, but later realized that was not the case.

One Week. The time frame you put on.

That's a single sentence. It's not unreasonable to ask you to either verify that with a source that actually shows WHAT YOU CLAIMED or admitted that you were speaking in hyperbole or at best, wild conjecture.

You said hundreds of physical attacks... now it is words that count?

He never said "hundreds of physical attacks"

He did stated

"hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump"

However, he didn't specify "physical", though when pressed he used a physical attack as "evidence" to his claim". In that particular instance, he also didn't set down a timeline so he could've meant over the past week, the past month, the past year.

But he never said "Hundreds off physical attacks".

NObody is accusing all Liberals. Stop with the "a general statement means it is an accusation of all" crap.

But the OP is. I don't care if you aren't.

Generalizations exist so that conversation can flow more easily and it is understood in advance that general statements are not a reflection of the whole, but of the ones that are specifically being addressed.

Read the conversation again. He's trying to make it seem like these kinds of violent incidents are the norm on the Left. That clearly isn't the case.

Please find that post.

===================================================================================

Violence should be condemned in all cases, not just when it suits you politically.

I expect that you are just as embarrassed by the hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump as I am about this one.

Yes, a 15 year old was beaten up by another teenager. Fights in high school, what a scary place this country has become.

This faux outrage is pathetic. Your god emperor actively encouraged his supporters to beat up protesters, saying that he'd pay their legal bills. Hundreds of hate crimes have been committed in the name of Trump in the last week. The Trump administration is debating forcing Muslims to register with the government. He appointed a white supremacist as his chief advisor. You want to know what the scary vision is, it's Trumps America.

You countered a comment about physical attacks on Trump supporters with a comment that Conservatives were also attacking Liberals yet your link shows nothing about physical attacks. We ll done. :lol:

2_ball.jpeg

And here's an attack caught on video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cb_CBJsKZ0

It just goes downhill from there. Now... how are you going to worm your way out of this one, I wonder?

Please find the post where I said ""hundreds" of such violent attacks". Failing to read what I said and then being surprised when you find out that I said something different does not constitute a "moving goalpost". But nice try.

Post #8 by you follows (bolding was added by me):

Violence should be condemned in all cases, not just when it suits you politically.

I expect that you are just as embarrassed by the hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump as I am about this one

We are discussing violent attacks like "this one" not taunting, graffiti or offensive posters. To pretend that you meant to discuss something else entirely in a thread about "this one" violent attack is either pure BS or off-topic deflection.

But the OP is. I don't care if you aren't.

Read the conversation again. He's trying to make it seem like these kinds of violent incidents are the norm on the Left. That clearly isn't the case.

Nope. Liberals are out attacking and rioting. Beating people up. He brought up an example. There are tons. He said:

" The little liberals have been taught so well that they are entitled to beat, and perhaps soon kill, anyone who disagrees with them. "

He is specifically talking about Liberals that are out attacking... not about you, not about others not being violent... not about 95 year-old ladies sitting in their rocker chair either. Read what I said again and let it sink in.

Was anyone arrested? Nobody knows who did this or why. It could be a fraudulent insurance case. It could be self victimization or done by a person trying to place blame on Trump voters. It could also be a Trump supporter. It could be a purple unicorn on acid. Tell you what, I will be generous and give you this one. You only have 199 more to go to 200. You said hundreds. The least amount that "hundreds" would apply to would be 200. 200-1 =199.

This is kind fun.

I think plotting to use a WMD counts for quite a bit. And really... when we're talking about attempted mass murder on one hand, and a high school fight on the other. I'm pretty sure that we can say that violence and hate should be condemned in all cases, not just when it suits your political agenda.

For the record, I did not ever insinuate that violence or hate crimes were representative of Trump supporters, only that they exist. The OP and posters have repeatedly tried to paint violence as a liberal phenomenon, while declaring conservatives blameless.

Don't get me wrong, I don't totally mind the over the top skepticism. Precision is important to me, and it would bother me quite a bit to misstate a fact. I'm pretty sure that I didn't conflate any of my claims, but there are quite a few more posts than I'm otherwise comfortable making. Also, I'm not at all sure why I'm writing to you as a reasonable person... who knows.. optimism?

And a smart ass. :mrgreen: that gets results.

That is the skill... kinda agree with them or ask them a seemingly benign question and then start twisting it. Pick on some words instead of the argum... wait, why am I giving away the secrets!!! :lol:

Post #8 by you follows (bolding was added by me):

We are discussing violent attacks like "this one" not taunting, graffiti or offensive posters. To pretend that you meant to discuss something else entirely in a thread about "this one" violent attack is either pure BS or off-topic deflection.

So... Notice how there's a period at the end of the first sentence. It kind of means that it's a complete thought. And while I can understand how the post in toto could be viewed as saying hundreds of violent attacks..... its a post on an anonymous message board. You don't exactly go through 5 revisions.

He never said "hundreds of physical attacks"

He did stated

"hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump"

However, he didn't specify "physical", though when pressed he used a physical attack as "evidence" to his claim". In that particular instance, he also didn't set down a timeline so he could've meant over the past week, the past month, the past year.

But he never said "Hundreds off physical attacks".

You are correct. But he did imply it by countering what is a physical attack with a comment about attacks. The implication is that the other side is also engaging in physical attacks. He could have cleared that up by just letting me know but he still hasn't done that. The assumption must be that he meant physical attacks.

I expect that you are just as embarrassed by the hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump as I am about this one.

Who attacked a minority in the name of Trump?

So... Notice how there's a period at the end of the first sentence. It kind of means that it's a complete thought. And while I can understand how the post in toto could be viewed as saying hundreds of violent attacks..... its a post on an anonymous message board. You don't exactly go through 5 revisions.

You also don't repeat deflections or try to equate mere taunting with a severe gang beating. Speeding and murder are both crimes but that does not make them similar or equivalent acts.

===================================================================================

It just goes downhill from there. Now... how are you going to worm your way out of this one, I wonder?

Reading comprehension....

I know, that's pretty hard. It's way easier to declare yourself to be the winner. I think a six year old taught me that.

Remember back to SAT's. (That's the test with all of the little dots where c is always right). One of the really hard questions goes something like this: All fluegs are glarfs, and and all glarfs are slargs. True or false, all slargs are fluegs? This is kind of what we're talking about. (Its false btw, but all fluegs are slargs)

Also, I did manage to find a little story about how at least one Trump supporter attempted to use a WMD to blow up a apartment complex filled with Somali refugees.. It was from 3-4 weeks ago so its understandable that you wouldn't remember.

A group of people carrying a sign that reads “Love Trumps Hate," physically assault an individual without provocation.

Those are some ****ed up people.

No, those are some ****ed up hateful people.

You also don't repeat deflections or try to equate mere taunting with a severe gang beating. Speeding and murder are both crimes but that does not make them similar or equivalent acts.

It's kind of undeniable to say that there have been violent attacks by Trump supporters against minorities. But I mean, feel free to lose all credibility. It's possible that it's hundreds, but I've never seen it quantified.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066556669 said:
A group of people carrying a sign that reads “Love Trumps Hate," physically assault an individual without provocation.

Those are some ****ed up people.

No, those are some ****ed up hateful people.

All attacks should be condemned, not just the ones that are politically expedient.

And with no evidence at all to support your claim, I'll assume it was true... because there are 300+ million people in this country, and half of them are below average.

It's kind of undeniable to say that there have been violent attacks by Trump supporters against minorities. But I mean, feel free to lose all credibility. It's possible that it's hundreds, but I've never seen it quantified.

Let me guess, Trump is not your president?

Reading comprehension....

I know, that's pretty hard. It's way easier to declare yourself to be the winner. I think a six year old taught me that.

Remember back to SAT's. (That's the test with all of the little dots where c is always right). One of the really hard questions goes something like this: All fluegs are glarfs, and and all glarfs are slargs. True or false, all slargs are fluegs? This is kind of what we're talking about. (Its false btw, but all fluegs are slargs)

Also, I did manage to find a little story about how at least one Trump supporter attempted to use a WMD to blow up a apartment complex filled with Somali refugees.. It was from 3-4 weeks ago so its understandable that you wouldn't remember.

I explained it pretty clearly... it would reflect on you better if you just admitted that you made a mistake.

I hate Appeals to Popularity but just look around. Pages of people telling you how wrong you are... just own it.

So what? That has absolutely no bearing on this thread. The actions of some other Trump supporters have nothing to do with the attack on this Trump supporter. Are you seriously going to argue that he had it coming based on the acts of others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom