• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Supporter, 15, Beaten During Rockville Protest

View attachment 67210051

In a country of 300+ million people, where 50+ million voted for each side, with emotions running as high as they did... You can't accept the idea that there has been a single attack by a Trump supporter????? If were to tell me that there have been hundreds of attacks ON Trump supporters I'd believe it.

So your argument is "here, have picture of building" and there is no context here.

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

This happens with both the Left and the Right. A small group of idiots do idiotic things on one side, and the other side paints the entire side with a broad brush and goes, "all of those guys are like these idiots!". It's just so lame.

Have you followed the past week's news? There have been protests throughout the country, with liberals blocking traffic, vandalizing property, threatening people, and violence.

Liberals' bad behavior is so rare that it's literally currently occurring from coast to coast.

Trump supporter, 15, beaten during Rockville protest | WTOP

The little liberals have been taught so well that they are entitled to beat, and perhaps soon kill, anyone who disagrees with them.

Thoughts?
Comments?
Identity politics can be really painful when you lose. Some people act out in response, and usually they're the comparatively emotionally immature ones.

Identity politics distracts attention away from the candidates' economic, foreign policy, and personal qualifications, and focuses attention on the voters' emotions with regard to tapping into the voters' unresolved family-of-origin issues to unconsciously compel votes.

A voter's emotions is not valid qualification for any candidate.

And, identity politics can leave the voter so suffering with either small emotional euphoria if their candidate wins or considerable emotional pain if their candidate loses.

Political parties and their candidates would do the citizenry well to stop with the identity politicking.

View attachment 67210051

In a country of 300+ million people, where 50+ million voted for each side, with emotions running as high as they did... You can't accept the idea that there has been a single attack by a Trump supporter????? If were to tell me that there have been hundreds of attacks ON Trump supporters I'd believe it.

When all else fails then simply move the goal posts. Your claim was that there were "hundreds" of such violent attacks based on Trump support (which is not a hate crime, BTW) and then tried to include non-violent taunts and defacing of property as "violent". When that failed, quite miserably, you now want to drop the "hundreds" claimed and for us to accept just one as "proof" that your BS claim was maybe just a wee bit valid. Give up.

Violence should be condemned in all cases, not just when it suits you politically.

I expect that you are just as embarrassed by the hundreds of attacks against minorities in the name of Trump as I am about this one.

Yes we are, and Trump even called for them to stop.

When all else fails then simply move the goal posts. Your claim was that there were "hundreds" of such violent attacks based on Trump support (which is not a hate crime, BTW) and then tried to include non-violent taunts and defacing of property as "violent". When that failed, quite miserably, you now want to drop the "hundreds" claimed and for us to accept just one as "proof" that your BS claim was maybe just a wee bit valid. Give up.

Please find the post where I said ""hundreds" of such violent attacks". Failing to read what I said and then being surprised when you find out that I said something different does not constitute a "moving goalpost". But nice try.

Have you followed the past week's news? There have been protests throughout the country, with liberals blocking traffic, vandalizing property, threatening people, and violence.

Liberals' bad behavior is so rare that it's literally currently occurring from coast to coast.

I've followed the news. What's happening around the country is a vocal minority made up of mostly peaceful protests and butthurt idiots on the internet. The incidents of violence is not catastrophic. It is a small minority of people, and the ones that arebeing violent and destroying property are simply the people that are trying to take advantage of a opportune situation.

Don't try to smear all liberals for these violent incidents.

Please find the post where I said ""hundreds" of such violent attacks". Failing to read what I said and then being surprised when you find out that I said something different does not constitute a "moving goalpost". But nice try.

I found it! This is where you said "hundreds":

Hundreds of hate crimes have been committed in the name of Trump in the last week.

Do I get an award? :2razz:

Nothing like taking an incident and leaping to the conclusion that this is how little liberals have been taught. :lol: Not funny what happened to the kid but it is kind of amusing to see crap like this bounce around in the alt-right bubble.

Am I leaping to conclusions? Do you remember when a crowd of Latino men surrounded 1 lone woman who happened to be a Trump supporter, and pelted her in the face with eggs while calling her a whore?

Where do kids learn bad behavior? From adults.

Am I leaping to conclusions? Do you remember when a crowd of Latino men surrounded 1 lone woman who happened to be a Trump supporter, and pelted her in the face with eggs while calling her a whore?

Where do kids learn bad behavior? From adults.

Yes you are leaping to conclusions. This is not normal behavior for either those on the right or the left. For either side to try and paint such incidents as the norm is disingenuous.

Hate crime != Violent attack.

When Zyphlin mentioned "attacks" I believe he was referring to the "hundreds" of hate crimes that you mentioned. So basically you both are referring to the same thing (hate crimes), but you both used different wording.

I've followed the news. What's happening around the country is a vocal minority made up of mostly peaceful protests and butthurt idiots on the internet. The incidents of violence is not catastrophic. It is a small minority of people, and the ones that arebeing violent and destroying property are simply the people that are trying to take advantage of a opportune situation.

Don't try to smear all liberals for these violent incidents.

The violence has occurred for the past 6 months, maybe you weren't paying attention. In Florida a 70 year old man was beaten for saying he liked Trump at a gas station, in California, several Trump supporters were beaten. There are dozens of stories like this. We're used to violence coming from the predictable sources, so maybe some people take it for granted.

People like me? What kind of people is that exactly?

You seem to have a mindbogglingly ridiculous double standard for facts. We can't know that hate crimes are up until we see police reports and long term studies, and it's been vetted by a team of experts, and then you have to review each case, and even then... well I mean, they probably had it coming.

This may come as a shock to you, but there are some pretty terrible people that support Trump. Eg, Andrew Anglin who runs the Daily Stormer is explicitly calling for the intimidation of "brown people".
“I am of course against any violence against these people,” he wrote. “However, I do think you should yell at them. We want them to feel that everything around them is against them. And we want them to be afraid.”

This isn't all Trump supporters by any means, but these people are out there. This is happing now, and it's happening in the name of your party. You can choose to get out and condemn it, to say that this kind of stuff has no place in the GOP, or you can sit back and pretend that its' not happening.

So we can't know that hate crimes are up but wasn't it just you saying how there were these hundreds of new hate crimes in Trumps name since the election.

Face it you got caught making up bs claims that you can't back up and rather then simply admit it you are trying to weasel your way around it.

Last edited:
So your argument is "here, have picture of building" and there is no context here.

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

Or how about this from way back when... a few weeks ago:
Three men from a militia group called the Crusaders in Kansas were plotting to bomb an apartment complex of Somali immigrants.
FBI: Plot to bomb mosque in Kansas foiled - News from Al Jazeera

Curtis Allen, Gavin Wright & Patrick Stein: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
One of the men wrote this on FB
...I personally back Donald Trump because even tho he is running under the republican ticket I do not see him as a party member, part of the problem! I do see him as an outsider, bringing a new outlook I to the govt. I do not think he is part of the hidden agenda that both parties talk about openly now! Time will tell!...
Curtis Allen, Gavin Wright & Patrick Stein: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Here we have an attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction to murder minorities by at least one Donald Trump supporter.

Mithros;1066556134 [url=http://bfy.tw/8oGE said:
LMGTFY[/url]

Why are you googling if hate crime increase since the election. Your claim was NOT that hate crimes had increased. Your claim was that "Hundreds of hate crimes have been committed in the name of Trump in the last week."

That's what I've been asking you to source. HUNDREDS of hate crimes committed in the name of trump in the last week.

Yet you keep strawmannirg instead of either acknowledging you were speaking hyperbolically out of your backside, or providing an actual source.

Last edited:
The violence has occurred for the past 6 months, maybe you weren't paying attention. In Florida a 70 year old man was beaten for saying he liked Trump at a gas station, in California, several Trump supporters were beaten. There are dozens of stories like this. We're used to violence coming from the predictable sources, so maybe some people take it for granted.

You aren't listening to me.

What you are doing, is taking the actions of a few and using them to broad brush an entire group of people. Do you not realise how dishonest that is?

Was anyone arrested? Nobody knows who did this or why. It could be a fraudulent insurance case. It could be self victimization or done by a person trying to place blame on Trump voters. It could also be a Trump supporter. It could be a purple unicorn on acid. Tell you what, I will be generous and give you this one. You only have 199 more to go to 200. You said hundreds. The least amount that "hundreds" would apply to would be 200. 200-1 =199.

This is kind fun. I have an idea. What if we subtract one of your attacks for every attack of a Trump supporter that I can produce?
?

Last edited:
So we can't know that hate crimes are but wasn't it just you saying how there were these hundreds of new hate crimes in Trumps name since the election.

Face it you got caught making up bs claims that you can't back up and rather then simply admit it you are trying to weasel your way around it.
Actually you can't go mixing up different sentences that I've written and then commenting on your garbage collection of words.

There has been a widespread (ie nationwide) increase of hate crimes since the election
Hundreds of hate crimes have been reported since the election.
Hate crimes have been committed in trumps name. (That covers time before the election)
Trump supporters have engaged in physical violence. (again, covers time before the election)

All of these are true, but you cant' go taking a few words from one sentence and mixing it with another. AAAAANNNDDDD the point of this is that people who condemn the attack in the OP (as I do) should also condemn the hundreds of other attacks. You can't be against violence and hate only when it's politically expedient.

edited for clarity.. although what's the point really.

Back
Top Bottom