• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump still privately questions Obama's birth certificate: report

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump still privately questions Obama's birth certificate: report | TheHill

President Trump is still privately questioning the authenticity of former President Obama’s birth certificate, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

A senator, who asked not to be named, told The Times that Trump is having difficulty moving on from his past claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States.

I see a lot of Trump supporters claiming people on the left can't get past HRC losing. Look who's having trouble getting past the humiliation of having to follow a successful president. Trump just won't let it go.
#Sick #Sad #GravyCrockett

Non Compos Mentis

Trump is seriously, deeply and disturbingly mentally ill.

But his fans are exponentially worse.

"A senator, who asked not to be named, told The Times"

And people wonder where the term "fake news" comes from.

"A senator, who asked not to be named, told The Times"

And people wonder where the term "fake news" comes from.

Would it be THAT surprising given that he's never actually publicly disavowed his Birther beliefs or at least, profession of beliefs?

If true, he's sicker than we thought. And we thought he's pretty damn sick!

I wonder if the unnamed senator is the same on that had proof Romney didn't pay his taxes or the same senator who knew Hillary was days away from being charged.

As it stands this is a rumor pretending it's a legitimate news story.

So let me get this right, because I am honestly so over all this ****ing whining.

Have we gone past the days of unnamed sources now? We finished with them? Because every ****ing time I turn around, someone is whining about, "Oh, lookie. Another "unnamed source." Gotta be a lie."

We have used unnamed sources since the beginning of reporting the news.

Why is it now, all of a sudden, that we actually have a problem with unnamed sources? Why, all of a sudden, do we have people shouting to the rooftops about "fake news?"

When sources do come out, you demonize them, and vilify them and shame them, and call them liars.

Then you have the audacity to sit here and complain about "unnamed sources."

So let me get this right, because I am honestly so over all this ****ing whining.

Have we gone past the days of unnamed sources now? We finished with them? Because every ****ing time I turn around, someone is whining about, "Oh, lookie. Another "unnamed source." Gotta be a lie."

Why is it now, all of a sudden, that we actually have a problem with unnamed sources? Why, all of a sudden, do we have people shouting to the rooftops about "fake news?"

When sources do come out, you demonize them, and vilify them and shame them, and call them liars.

For the Trumpers that are still holding on.. It's easier to say it's a lie, as Trump would say, than to admit that it's true. Because to admit that Trump is still a birther in 2017, is to admit that Trump is a narcisistic, delusional conspiracy theorist.

Also birtherism is dog whistled racism. More evidence that Trump is exactly as the left paints him. A delusional, racist conspiracy theorist.

Hearsay from unnamed sources does nothing for me....that there is CHUMP NEWS.

Was Watergate fake news because the info came from an unnamed source?

LOL, another "unnamed" source? Idiots fall for anything. If it was "private" how the hell is it known?

I swear, morons are what the media, preys on...:roll:

LOL, another "unnamed" source? Idiots fall for anything. If it was "private" how the hell is it known?

I swear, morons are what the media, preys on...:roll:

You do know that private doesn't mean just one person. And you have the nerve to call others morons!

Watergate was a crime. Being an ass and thinking Obama is a Kenyan is not. Second with Watergate there was evidence here its simply a rumor about what was supposedly said.

This story makes a claim about a rumor. Then instead of offering any contributing evidence about the rumor they go off about the ***** grabbing tape.

It could be true and in all likelihood is true. But if you're going to state it as fact come with more evidence than " a person once told me" to make that case.

Slingshot Bob is regularly confused when an actor gives a monologue and yet appears to be unaware that an audience is sitting right in front of him.

If I want to know what Trump thinks I will ask him, I dont give a tinkers damn what some unnamed so and so says he says, because my mamma raised no dummy. Journalism has failed, honesty anywhere amoungst the elite is hard to come by, the ends justify the means now because America sucks and Trump is the leader of a Rebellion against the Elite Class so no....... I am not taking any hearsay about Trump from unnamed sources.

There are so many unnamed sources these days because the Bus Drivers to UTOPIA are writing fantasy so often, and they need to write "unnamed source" to give their story the patina of journalism. Unnamed source used to be a rarely used last resort when the news was very important, now it is a method to slander a guy and a cause that they dont like, or otherwise spread the narrative that they want spread....whole stories now run with nothing but unnamed sources, it is common even.....the so-called journalism is clear and obvious junk.

I DEMAND BETTER

Last edited:
You do know that private doesn't mean just one person. And you have the nerve to call others morons!

Only morons buy into unnamed sources. Eat it up, run with it, carry on...:roll:

Also, private implies not known to the world.

When did I say private =1 person?

Last edited:

I see a lot of Trump supporters claiming people on the left can't get past HRC losing. Look who's having trouble getting past the humiliation of having to follow a successful president. Trump just won't let it go.

I’ve never been comfortable with the idea of presidential candidates not having their **** in order. Their legal status should be settled within thirty days of turning in their papers. There is no good thing accomplished by Obama, Ted Cruz, John McCain having their bona fides questioned after they began running because no one bothered to check.

Totally bush league B.S.

The unnamed source wasn't the news in Watergate. The unnamed source pointed to information that was proved true. What has been proven true about Trump secretly harboring hatred of Obama's birth certificate? It's embarrassing how the rumor is now considered news.

If true, he's sicker than we thought. And we thought he's pretty damn sick!

It's not about trump. It's about giving the crowd, what it wants to read.

The unnamed source wasn't the news in Watergate. The unnamed source pointed to information that was proved true. What has been proven true about Trump secretly harboring hatred of Obama's birth certificate? It's embarrassing how the rumor is now considered news.

Trump has repeatedly and publicly expressed scepticism over Obama's birth certificate. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was still a birther.

Only morons buy into unnamed sources. Eat it up, run with it, carry on...:roll:

Also, private implies not known to the world.

When did I say private =1 person?

Trump may have told numerous people in the White house that he doesn't believe Obama's birth certificate, including this unnamed source who might have requested not to be named because he doesn't want to be sacked.

A senator, who asked not to be named, told The Times that Trump is having difficulty moving on from his past claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States.

Why do you believe this? Knowing 'who' said it makes the difference between stirring up **** and telling the truth. Until they put their name to it, it's bull****.

Re: Probably since some turn out to be false. The media did it to themselves.

I have never trusted unnamed sources. Anything said by such should not be taken too seriously, unless it's confirmed. On anything or anybody. Period.

Back
Top Bottom