• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump spends MLK Jr. Day golfing - CNN today

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump spends MLK Jr. Day golfing - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump appears poised to ignore his own calls for Americans to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day with "acts of civic work and community service."

Trump is not scheduled to partake in any service projects on the federal holiday he and every other US president have designated as a "day of service" since 1994. Instead, he arrived Monday morning at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida. The only event on the public schedule released daily by the White House is the flight that will take him back to Washington in the afternoon.

Trump's noticeably blank public schedule Monday comes as he continued to beat back accusations of racism for referring to countries in Africa as "****hole countries" and rejecting immigration from the African continent and Haiti in favor of immigrants from Norway during a meeting with lawmakers. His reported comments were confirmed by both a Republican senator and Democratic senator present, but Trump has denied making the disparaging remarks.

Trump rejected the criticism on Sunday night, telling reporters that he is the "least racist person you have ever interviewed."
==========================================================================================
Despite declaring that he was the least racist person around, DJT spent MLK Jr Day playing golf. Apparently he was not aware of the tradition followed by past presidents to honor this day. This will be seen as a racist statement by most but his base will love it.

Last edited:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump appears poised to ignore his own calls for Americans to mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day with "acts of civic work and community service."

Trump is not scheduled to partake in any service projects on the federal holiday he and every other US president have designated as a "day of service" since 1994. Instead, he arrived Monday morning at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida. The only event on the public schedule released daily by the White House is the flight that will take him back to Washington in the afternoon.

Trump's noticeably blank public schedule Monday comes as he continued to beat back accusations of racism for referring to countries in Africa as "****hole countries" and rejecting immigration from the African continent and Haiti in favor of immigrants from Norway during a meeting with lawmakers. His reported comments were confirmed by both a Republican senator and Democratic senator present, but Trump has denied making the disparaging remarks.

Trump rejected the criticism on Sunday night, telling reporters that he is the "least racist person you have ever interviewed."
==========================================================================================
Despite declaring that he was the least racist person around, DJT spent MLK Jr Day playing golf. Apparently he was not aware of the tradition followed by past presidents to honor this day.

Does calling Dick Durbin, Dicky Durbin count? Better not point out how much Trump golfs, it's a testy subject.

Donald Trump golfs at private resort on MLK Jr. Day, King's son speaks out VIDEO

Donald Trump golfs at private resort on MLK Jr. Day, King's son speaks out

As the country honors Dr. #Martin Luther King Jr. nearly 50 years after his assassination, Donald Trump is spending the day golfing at one of his private resorts. While this was taking place, King's son had some words for the president.

Despite declaring that he was the least racist person around, DJT spent MLK Jr Day playing golf. Apparently he was not aware of the tradition followed by past presidents to honor this day.

The so-called journalists and other assorted Trump haters would mock whatever he did, would do everything they could to make sure that Trumps good deeds would not matter as they always do, so maybe working is a better idea.

The so-called journalists and other assorted Trump haters would mock whatever he did, would do everything they could to make sure that Trumps good deeds would not matter as they always do, so maybe working is a better idea.

I'm trying to make out your point...serioulsy.

What are Trump's good deeds?

Is golfing working?

What would you suggest ?? Inviting JZ to whitehouse and rap about MF's , NR's , WR's , Bitch's ?

Does calling Dick Durbin, Dicky Durbin count? Better not point out how much Trump golfs, it's a testy subject.

Donald Trump golfs at private resort on MLK Jr. Day, King's son speaks out VIDEO

Donald Trump golfs at private resort on MLK Jr. Day, King's son speaks out

As the country honors Dr. #Martin Luther King Jr. nearly 50 years after his assassination, Donald Trump is spending the day golfing at one of his private resorts. While this was taking place, King's son had some words for the president.

Obama golfed on Memorial Day! What's Memorial Day the liberals here ask...well it's when we honor our military men & women who, you know...DIED fighting for the freedoms that we all enjoy.

https://newsone.com/1274645/just-curious-was-obama-wrong-to-golf-on-memorial-day/

Obama didn't care bout dead vets! Woooop wooop.

I'm trying to make out your point...serioulsy.

What are Trump's good deeds?

Is golfing working?

You can go learn for yourself about all the good deeds Trump has done in the last few years that have been endlessly mocked and ridiculed if they were not denied outright.... and yes absolutely........ when Trump golfs he is working .

Trump decided to work rather then go get mistreated by liars and unappreciative assholes....that is fine by me.

Trump gives those actual journalists ample material to criticize. If one doesn't want the newspapers to call you a fool, don't act like a fool. If you don't want the media to call you an elitist racist, don't say racist things and sit out MLK Day playing golf on your private golf course.

Trump gives those actual journalists ample material to criticize. If one doesn't want the newspapers to call you a fool, don't act like a fool. If you don't want the media to call you a racist, don't say racist things and sit out MLK Day.

It is not for journalists to moralize or judge, their job is to report the goings on.

Of course journalism has failed.

So America must fail.

It is not for journalists to moralize or judge, their job is to report the goings on.

The only fail is morons who can't tell the difference.

You can go learn for yourself about all the good deeds Trump has done in the last few years that have been endlessly mocked and ridiculed if they were not denied outright.... and yes absolutely........ when Trump golfs he is working .

Trump decided to work rather then go get mistreated by liars and unappreciative assholes....that is fine by me.
Ah, so the president playing gold is "work." If so, why did Trump criticize Obama for golfing (which was only a fraction of the time Trump golfs?)

I understand your need to defend the indefensible actions of Trump. They just aren't believable. (Actually, I don't understand your need to defend the indefensible actions of Trump.)

Okie Dokie.

Just for the record, I have never seen a good deed of Donald's publicized, and since he thrives on public attention that makes me wonder???? What exactly are all these good deeds? I can't find them to learn about them, maybe you could point a few out?

And do you imagine that IF he is working while golfing, that he is working for you?

MTAtech said:
Trump gives those actual journalists ample material to criticize. If one doesn't want the newspapers to call you a fool, don't act like a fool. If you don't want the media to call you a racist, don't say racist things and sit out MLK Day.

So America must fail.
The editorial pages have always been the legitimate place to criticize those in power. The news sections are for objective news. The problem that Trump has is that the objective facts are inherently critical to Trump. There is no neutral way to say that Trump called Africa and Haiti "$hitholes." By their nature, objective facts relating to Trump are critical.

Ah, so the president playing gold is "work." If so, why did Trump criticize Obama for golfing (which was only a fraction of the time Trump golfs?)

I understand your need to defend the indefensible actions of Trump. They just aren't believable. (Actually, I don't understand your need to defend the indefensible actions of Trump.)

You don't have to defend anything when you own all the power. There is a reason the Obama agenda and the democrats in general were rejected last election. And calling Trump a racist until you're blue in the face isn't going change anything. He will remain President. The Democrats have no one to run against him in 2020. When he appoints another Supreme Court justice the left will be screwed for a generation.

Get ready for it. and if the only way to cope is to attack not just Trump but his supporters, go for it. Just know if the economy keeps setting records the way it did in Trumps first year the Democrats are doomed. Why would I feel the need to defend Trump to a group without power?

You don't have to defend anything when you own all the power. There is a reason the Obama agenda and the democrats in general were rejected last election. And calling Trump a racist until you're blue in the face isn't going change anything. He will remain President. The Democrats have no one to run against him in 2020. When he appoints another Supreme Court justice the left will be screwed for a generation.

Get ready for it. and if the only way to cope is to attack not just Trump but his supporters, go for it. Just know if the economy keeps setting records the way it did in Trumps first year the Democrats are doomed. Why would I feel the need to defend Trump to a group without power?

While the Trump cult wants to believe that the 2016 election was a rejection of the "Obama agenda," it just isn't true. I have to remind you'al (I noticed you were from Memphis)that Trump got a minority of the votes -- and that's the gauge of popularity, not the arbitrary electoral college. Second, most Americans like the Obama policies. Most Americans have a favorable view of Obamacare. That is in comparison to Trump's health plan that was favored by 12% Most Americans like protecting the envronment -- which Trump is dismantling. Most want children's health programs, that the GOP let expire months ago, to be renewed. . In fact, most Americans, according to a recent Quinnipiac Poll, credit Obama for the good economy, not Trump.

Believing that the 2016 election was a rejection of Obama is merely a self-serving declaration.

Last edited:

Working?

Despite declaring that he was the least racist person around, DJT spent MLK Jr Day playing golf. Apparently he was not aware of the tradition followed by past presidents to honor this day. This will be seen as a racist statement by most but his base will love it.

I still wonder who Trump is trying to convince. It's just like Nixon saying " I am not a crook".:roll::roll::roll:

Yet the conservatives had a hissy fit over Obama wearing a tan suit..........and it isn't like they have to hunt to find anything stupid that Trump has done. You can't make this sh* up.
Trump does nothing for no one but Trump.

Last edited:

It is very unlikely that I ever criticized Obama for golfing as I always had at least 50 ways that he sucks to talk about. That he would rather hob nob with celebs than work when there is much work to be done I certainly have jammed him for.

Trump is working.

I will take bets you didn't say that Obama.

Back
Top Bottom