• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump should tell Congress to shove this bill up their _______

Congress will provide more money to Israel, Ukraine and Jordan for border barriers than they will to their own country???

Because these countries have real problems and their stability is vital to out security MUCH more so than is our boarder with Mexico.

You do realize that both the GOp and the DEms, in both houses of Congress agree with me?

It's only the traitor in charge who for political reasons, wants more money thrown at this boarder non issue.

Waaah says the great deal maker. Trump will sign. His back is against the wall and he knows it.

Trump's only deal making "skill" is throwing a temper tantrum like a misbehaving six year old.

Trump's parents sure dropped the ball when they were raising him.

This is absolutely correct, but don't fool yourself into thinking this is limited to the GOP. Those "businesses donors" have the Dems in their pocket, as well.

Farmers, construction contractors, landscapers, car wash owners, food processing centers ... anything icky or hot and sweaty, work that we Americans will only do as a last resort ... and with employment at a high, we NEED more immigrants right now, so unless they are known criminals, let 'em in already. It's a win-win right now.

That stupid wall is a 10th century "solution" to a 21st century problem that has been blown out of all proportion by a president who only cares about his own gigantic, fragile ego.

I'll need to wait for a set of counter snips from a far left site to counter your far right links before I judge anything.

At first blush, the rightie extremists are outraged so it's probably more good than bad. These are the same folks that were screaming, "Pelosi caved" yesterday.

What idiot actually thinks Pelosi caved?

Trump's only deal making "skill" is throwing a temper tantrum like a misbehaving six year old.

Trump’s parents sure dropped the ball when they were raising him.
And it’s a continuing tradition.
BEB90D86-0D8C-4BB8-B904-FBC498B773CA.jpg

The issue I raised in my OP wasn't the "illegal problem". It was the "border security" problem.

Since you contend the Dems aren't lying to their base, can you quote any Dems who say they care about border security? We can then compare their quoted contentions with their votes and see exactly what they are lying...or not...about. (at this point, it would be nice if you can find Dems who are on this negotiating committee)

But given what's in this proposed legislation, it's clear that neither the Dems or the GOP care very much about border security.

As you yourself pointed out to another user here, this is budget legislation. It isn't supposed to be the end-all on border security.

Conservatives, and Trump, continually claim that Democrats favor open borders. We all know that's a lie ... the only party wanting open borders are the Lubertarians. What I've heard from Democratic lawmakers are calls for drones, personnel, databases, processing facilities, and a streamlined immigration process in which good people can obtain citizenship in five years or less, not multiple freaking decades.

Funny after reviewing the above it amazes me at how so many people are complaining about our taxes and how little tax cuts are helping the "average American home," yet they seem to have no problems allowing Congress to designate billions of dollars to foreign aid and helping non-citizens entering illegally to stay in the country. $5.3 billion for FOREIGN walls? Are you kidding me? :doh

I've mentioned this before, but to no avail...if nothing else, building a wall and maintaining it benefits American businesses and American workers. Construction contracts, materials contracts, ancillary support businesses (food services, housing for workers, etc.) which like any other government works project stimulates the economy.

None of that matters, because this project is "immoral," but using taxes for foreign aid and to support illegal immigrants? That's not a waste of money? :roll:

Two things:

1. Israel, Jordan, and Ukraine are all bordered by armed enemies; we are not.

2. Trump's ridiculous vision of a "big, beautiful wall" never took into account the people who own the farms and ranches along the border, the people who use the Rio Grande for irrigation, or the many species whose habitats would be compromised if not destroyed by cutting them off from their food or water sources.

We humans never seem to even consider the damage our actions cause to the rest of the critters on the planet.

Poor Tweety. Maybe he can build another 55 miles of "wall" by stacking up his bull****. He's excreted at least that much in the past few years.

And his base is convinced that it smells like flowers.

I'll need to wait for a set of counter snips from a far left site to counter your far right links before I judge anything.

At first blush, the rightie extremists are outraged so it's probably more good than bad. These are the same folks that were screaming, "Pelosi caved" yesterday.
It certainly looks like, if the OP is accurate, it was the repubs who caved.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Farmers, construction contractors, landscapers, car wash owners, food processing centers ... anything icky or hot and sweaty, work that we Americans will only do as a last resort ... and with employment at a high, we NEED more immigrants right now, so unless they are known criminals, let 'em in already. It's a win-win right now.

That stupid wall is a 10th century "solution" to a 21st century problem that has been blown out of all proportion by a president who only cares about his own gigantic, fragile ego.
It's interesting you bring that up because I dont see anything in this bill that expands guest worker visas.

Democrats seem to be celebrating denying trump of a campaign promise but they did nothing they claim they support.

I knew it was gonna be a bad bill as soon as it was made clear there would be minimal time to read it before it needed to see signed into law before the shutdown occurs.

Trump needs to interrupt prime time television and inform the public what Congress is proposing, why he wont be signing it, what he will sign.

While he waits he should sign clean Bill's that only keep the Gov open but give none of them the pork belly spending they all depend on. He needs to starve them out.

He should also demand a full budget from them. No more of these ridiculous CRs to keep the Gov funded. He may want to also let them know that the budget is going to need to have include major cuts in both military and domestic spending because without border security being adequately addressed to his satisfaction the sequester will go into effect in December.

Again he should do this on national TV and then he should get on his plane and fly down to marlago where he can comfortably wait for Congress to get their **** together.

Trump has no credibility with we the people ouside of the 30-odd percent who are still die hard Trumpettes. Having him go on TV and talk to the public directly would be a source of amusement, but too few of us believe anything he says.

There is just so much STUPID a Senator, even a GOP Senator can tolerate.

Lindsey Graham disagrees with me.

(unlike some of our fellow forum members, Graham presents facts in his disagreement)

And leaves out important facts to spread an agenda. I hope conservatives never figure it out because who else would we laugh at if they do??? LMAO!

I don't think it's as bad from the repub perspective as the OP snips indicate. The linked sites therein exist to foment outrage.

I DO think it's obvious that Trump shouldn't have listened to the right-wing media mogels and gone ahead and signed the bill he had in Dec. This one is worse from a right wing perspective.

They all knew that in Jan they'd need to deal with the dems.:doh

But maybe the media people were counting on / hoping for more ammo for outrage...

I do believe that's the only picture I've seen where little Barron is actually smiling. I was wondering if the poor kid even had teeth.
I caught that too. The few times I’ve seen him walking with his parents, the kid looked like he was miserable.

This is absolutely correct, but don't fool yourself into thinking this is limited to the GOP. Those "businesses donors" have the Dems in their pocket, as well.

Yes they do, Have you ever asked yourself how much more you would be willing to pay for items for industries that rely on cheap labor to keep costs down?

Nothing stops people from voting out who they don't like and asking a republican to vote for a democrat, well that's just crazy, they'll vote for the same folks they claim aren't doing their job before they would vote for a democrat. Almost every election I vote against an incumbent. I'm of the idea that the longer a person stays in congress the more apt they are to becoming part of the problem of doing nothing but trying to keep their seat.

don't share your sentiment
there is a learning curve to most things, including being a senator and congressman
if the elected official has done a good job in office, then why vote against them only because they are now in office
that doesn't make sense

Me too, but resistance is futile in my hopelessly (and unconstituionally) gerrymandered House district. It contains parts of 5 counties (yet no entire county) and parts of two cities about 80 miles apart. It guarantees that a demorat will win.

Texas's 35th congressional district - Wikipedia

the problem rather than the symptom was just identified by you
politicians figured out how to designate their voters
there is an algorithm to eliminate gerrymandering
our voting public should insist that it now be applied to designate the voting districts
Researchers devise an algorithm to combat gerrymandering

He'll sign it. He doesn't want to be responsible for another shutdown because he knows it'll kill any chance of re-election.

The Great Negotiator failed miserably.

and watch his lemmings lap it up as tRump insists that this was a victory for him

don't share your sentiment
there is a learning curve to most things, including being a senator and congressman
if the elected official has done a good job in office, then why vote against them only because they are now in office
that doesn't make sense

It does to me because most of the folks in congress are ho-hum at best. If you are an exceptional senator for your state or one heckuva' representative for your district, fine, otherwise they just want to be part of the club and keep their seats.

I don't think it's as bad from the repub perspective as the OP snips indicate. The linked sites therein exist to foment outrage.

I DO think it's obvious that Trump shouldn't have listened to the right-wing media mogels and gone ahead and signed the bill he had in Dec. This one is worse from a right wing perspective.

They all knew that in Jan they'd need to deal with the dems.:doh

But maybe the media people were counting on / hoping for more ammo for outrage...

A couple things I think need to be pointed out about some falsehoods being propagated. The first being that Trump had any intention of signing the bill in December and that changed after the right wing media complained about it. The left wing media keeps parroting that like it's a fact but Trump gave no indication if he would or would not sign the bill before he rejected it. Its false.

It's also false that Trump has given any indication if he will sign this bill either. The left is declaring this a victory like it's a done deal. The reality nobody knows what he is going to do until he does it.

I do think it's fair to say the gop has shown themselves once again to be weaker than dems when it comes to getting things they campaign on. I wont be surprised if many incumbents in the gop are primaried out again and the freedom caucus of the wing grows their seats.

Something on curious about from your perspective is how you feel about what the dems did not get in the bill. Theres nothing about e-verify, expanding guest worker visas, or settling the DACA dispute. What happens if the courts remove the stay on DACA being rescinded. Then they may begin to deport them.

The only thing they got out of this deal is they denied Trump some of the funding he wanted and for some inexplicable reason they are reducing space at detention centers.

From the Democrat side are you happy with this bill if it gets passed and if so, why? It looks to me like both sides have agreed to give the other side very little

Back
Top Bottom