• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump sees no reason to believe Russia behind election meddling [W:1173] (2 Viewers)

Shameless whataboutery after one of the most astonishing embarrassments of America I've ever seen…Vietnam was less cringeworthy...at least you guys stood up to Russia in those days.

Rough day, Trix? Something tells me the defense of Donald Trump on this forum would be a lot quieter today if people had to use their real names.

PS: I believe the Israel National News about as much as I believe the Moscow Times or Sputnik.

But you have no problem believing what the media and leftwing tells you so very selective listening and thinking skills you have. How about posting the results that Trump has generated to warrant this kind of hatred? Has he screwed up the economy you claim Obama left him? Has the world gone to war and are we shooting at each other? Seems rhetoric trumps actual results in your world as I have never let words bother me as much as you leftists do. RESULTS MATTER!!!!

Usually a sign of illiteracy. Ask somebody to read it for you then.

And sure, the entire Intel community is all for Trump's pleasure. You missed the point, because the point you wish to avoid (Yoda!). By the way, you know who else finds pleasure in this? The short guy on the right....

View attachment 67236333

Oh wait. Were those too many words again? Sorry.

I am sure the short guy on the right understands basic civics better than you do and I am sure the short guy on the right is ecstatic about the build up in our military, the strong job growth, the doubling of our GDP, and people having more spendable income. Amazing how the short guy on the right meddled in our election but didn't change your vote, how did that happen?

Once again you prove that the relationship between you and the facts remains as being strangers to one another. Trump really has not a thing to do with the missile defense system in Poland. This was something that was set in motion years ago and evolved over the years as circumstances changed. Actually it was Gates, the Bush official, who recommended the plan in 2006, acknowledged he drove the change in policy because of improved American intelligence of what the Iranians were working on -- not solely to be nice to the Russians. New intelligence had shown Iran was pursuing short-range and medium-range missile development, rather than long-range, necessitating a shift in strategy.

Gates wrote at the time;

Yes or no did Obama scrap Bushes defense plan for Poland ? The answer is yes.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-scraps-bush-missile-defense-plan/story?id=8604357
Yes or no, did Trump just months into his presidency agree to sell the Patriot Defense system to Poland? The answer is yes
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...uy-u-s-patriot-rockets-as-trump-visits-warsaw

It doesn't appear I am a stranger to the facts but rather you are.

Rubbish.. Since the press conference, Trump has come out with a Twitter statement which attempts to unite American while correcting his gaffe...

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
19h19 hours ago
More
As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018

I thought we weren't supposed to pay any attention to his tweets. Now we are?

A Tweet does nothing to repair the damage he did this week.

Actually it's his intelligence, as they serve at the pleasure of the president.
I stopped reading after your first sentence....
Typical uneducated, uninformed low intellect partisan drivel. It is not his intelligence, it is US intelligence, because the countless men and women who work diligently to acquire that information do not work for Trump or at his pleasure.

But you have no problem believing what the media and leftwing tells you so very selective listening and thinking skills you have. How about posting the results that Trump has generated to warrant this kind of hatred? Has he screwed up the economy you claim Obama left him? Has the world gone to war and are we shooting at each other? Seems rhetoric trumps actual results in your world as I have never let words bother me as much as you leftists do. RESULTS MATTER!!!!

Ya, and the result is, Trump threw America under the bus yesterday, worse than any president ever before him. Of course, I'm sure that result doesn't matter to you.

Today's theme: partisanship over patriotism from the remnants of Trump supporters - a smaller number today than a couple days ago.

What security was compromised, Trump met with our enemy, you have a problem with that? What did he give away and what hard can he do without Congressional support? Maybe a civics class would help you get over your hatred and lack of understanding
I can only imagine what he gave away at the two hour closed door meeting.

As ridiculous as his denial is, I can't say I blame him.

For the last year and a half the MSM has been pushing on the American people the notion that if anyone in Russia did so much as think about our Presidential election, it invalidates Trump's win and delegitimizes his Presidency.

He practically has no choice but to publicly deny anything and everything relating to Russia's (trivial) involvement in the election.

I can only imagine what he gave away at the two hour closed door meeting.
Probably one of his hotels, I suggest you take a civics class so you understand what his limitations are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Let me know when DEMs conduct hearings like McCarthy, as gops did throughout Obama. There is no false equivalence here.

One lone wolf for the Dems does not make a false equivalence to the LEE ATWATER—izing of today’s gop. When I see organized McCarthyite posses from the Dem side, then we can talk about it.

The word "treasonous" has been slung around loosely.

Fair enough. Not to change the subject, but do you think that those positive actions were the result of knowledge, understanding and reasoning on his part or just the time when the broken clock is right?

I don't know. I take my positives where I can find them.

I really don't have one. Surprised?
Someone asked me what I thought Trump wanted to accomplish from his meeting with Putin today?
I said, world peace.

No different than what I thought the Obama admin. wanted when they sent Hillary Clinton with her reset button.
Think about it... what does a reset imply? Peace? Me thinks so.

The words "World Peace" used to be inside joke at a grad dorm I stayed at. When a group of us were sitting at the table in the cafeteria someone would say, "I'm headed back to the cafeteria line. Does anyone want anything?" The response was usually , "World Peace."

To say Trump was at the summit for World Peace is just as silly if not downright stupid.

The words "World Peace" used to be inside joke at a grad dorm I stayed at. When a group of us were sitting at the table in the cafeteria someone would say, "I'm headed back to the cafeteria line. Does anyone want anything?" The response was usually , "World Peace."

To say Trump was at the summit for World Peace is just as silly if not downright stupid.

"Whirled peas!"

All because Trump stood by Putin? Didn't bother you when Obama sat by the President of Russia and told him things would be different after the election, and they were, millions of cash funneled to Hillary, The Clinton Foundation, hacking of DNC computers, Ukraine fiasco, Russian reset!! Your double standard is showing not that it matters as you never liked Trump in the first place but still waiting for an explanation as to what Trump can do without Congressional approval? Still waiting for examples of how Trump screwed up what you claim was an economy given him by Obama? Keep spouting rhetoric and keep ignoring results. rhetoric never wins debates or pays the bills

Trump didn't just stand by Putin. He threw his entire Intel and DOJ under the bus. Obama didn't ask for Medvedev's help in getting elected. He merely asked him to have some patience saying he would be freer to discuss the issues Medvedev very much wanted to discuss such missile defense after the election. Which because of the way our political system works would be true for any President. There's no equivalency between that and the Russians exhibiting a clear preference for electing and actively worked at trying make that happen. Putin even admitted to it.

Trump has clearly decided to put his own self-interest ahead of the national interest and has decided to side with Team Putin over Team America. At great peril. The only explanation there can be for this President's behavior is that he must perceive that there exists some greater personal threat to himself than the threat being posed to our democracy and our country. In his mind anyway. What that consists of I don't know. Whether it is pathologically egocentric in nature, personal or financial malfeasance oriented, or is it because of the Russians and or himself may have direct knowledge of collusion by himself or others? I don't know. But it has to be something that he isn't telling us or admitting. Trump's behavior suggests that for the first time since our fore-fathers fretted over the theory that a foreign power could possibly corrupt the chief executive of the United States government. May no longer be just a theory. This was never a worry or even a thought with the other previous 44 Presidents. But it is now as people are openly questioning has the President been corrupted and is now acting as an agent of a foreign power.

We are at a national security crisis point unlike any we have ever seen. Just think of this scary thought. Which is this. What is it that Putin is seeking to get out this relationship if he truly has Trump over a barrel? What is it then that he really wants? The most worrisome aspect of that is that I believe is that Putin still has yet to cash the check that he appears to have in his pocket and we are going to have to wait to find that out. The hard way.

Trump didn't just stand by Putin. He threw his entire Intel and DOJ under the bus. Obama didn't ask for Medvedev's help in getting elected. He merely asked him to have some patience saying he would be freer to discuss the issues Medvedev very much wanted to discuss such missile defense after the election. Which because of the way our political system works would be true for any President. There's no equivalency between that and the Russians exhibiting a clear preference for electing and actively worked at trying make that happen. Putin even admitted to it.

Trump has clearly decided to put his own self-interest ahead of the national interest and has decided to side with Team Putin over Team America. At great peril. The only explanation there can be for this President's behavior is that he must perceive that there exists some greater personal threat to himself than the threat being posed to our democracy and our country. In his mind anyway. What that consists of I don't know. Whether it is pathologically egocentric in nature, personal or financial malfeasance oriented, or is it because of the Russians and or himself may have direct knowledge of collusion by himself or others? I don't know. But it has to be something that he isn't telling us or admitting. Trump's behavior suggests that for the first time since our fore-fathers fretted over the theory that a foreign power could possibly corrupt the chief executive of the United States government. May no longer be just a theory. This was never a worry or even a thought with the other previous 44 Presidents. But it is now as people are openly questioning has the President been corrupted and is now acting as an agent of a foreign power.

We are at a national security crisis point unlike any we have ever seen. Just think of this scary thought. Which is this. What is it that Putin is seeking to get out this relationship if he truly has Trump over a barrel? What is it then that he really wants? The most worrisome aspect of that is that I believe is that Putin still has yet to cash the check that he appears to have in his pocket and we are going to have to wait to find that out. The hard way.

There is no excuse for Trump's dishonorable behavior, but you weaken your case by defending Obama with Medvedev. That could easily be characterized as collusion.

But maybe he is aware that an apostrophe is required before a genitive s.

Do you realize how idiotic that makes you look? I mean seriously if you were to correct every damn mistake on this site you would never have time to eat or sleep.

but they're so rich, they had whore houses, and look, that Donald guy is currently running the planet's biggest cult so, who cares?

The rich typically look down on soldiers. it's below their dignity to have their kids serve in the military or heavy forbid put their lives on the line. That's the lower classes. I know because I've been told that right to my face by some, and been looked at with disdain others in my uniform.

Even the kids that go to West Point and other prestigious institution you will find are primarily middle class or lower.

Last edited:
So would you prefer shooting vs. meeting?? What harm did he do?? Why does it matter what he says as you don't like him anyway? Interesting how someone so poorly liked hasn't screwed up the economy you leftist claimed he was handed. Rather sad to have so much hatred that you don't understand civics or the art of negotiation. Ever hear the phrase "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?"

Never did I dream the new definition of hating America would be generating strong economic growth, job creation, and discussions with our enemy.

You got all that out of my two sentences did you?

There is no excuse for Trump's dishonorable behavior, but you weaken your case by defending Obama with Medvedev. That could easily be characterized as collusion.

You seriously weaken YOUR case by claiming the two are even comparable.

Shameless whataboutery after one of the most astonishing embarrassments of America I've ever seen…Vietnam was less cringeworthy...at least you guys stood up to Russia in those days.

Rough day, Trix? Something tells me the defense of Donald Trump on this forum would be a lot quieter today if people had to use their real names.

PS: I believe the Israel National News about as much as I believe the Moscow Times or Sputnik.

I have not defended Trump's gaffe. I've made more than several posts where I have said he was wrong, and impetuous. His words were awkward. I remarked about how his big mouth gets him in trouble.

No whataboutism. I say it like it is...I've read so much hysteria and outrage coming from the anti-Trump brigade throughout the DP forum, so my prerogative to inquire as to where was yours, the collective yours, outrage when Obama did it or past presidents did it?

This is not a partisan or choosing side issue. It's a country issue. Put your politics aside and admit that the United States is no stranger to interfering in the elections of others. If we don't like election meddling being done to us, then we probably should practice what we preach, don't you think?

Unlike some around here I always give others the benefit of the doubt. How about you not be so sensitive to the fact that Obama actually did the same thing Putin did; meddle in a presidential election?
If you don't want to believe what is common knowledge or what is published by the Israel National News, try another source.
Like these:

The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/the-hypocrisy-of-american-election-investigations-into-israel/

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...n-meddled-in-foreign-elections-judicial-watch

https://spectator.org/obamas-meddling-in-foreign-elections-six-examples/

Last edited:
Yes or no did Obama scrap Bushes defense plan for Poland ? The answer is yes.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-scraps-bush-missile-defense-plan/story?id=8604357
Yes or no, did Trump just months into his presidency agree to sell the Patriot Defense system to Poland? The answer is yes
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...uy-u-s-patriot-rockets-as-trump-visits-warsaw

It doesn't appear I am a stranger to the facts but rather you are.

You clearly just simply parroted GOP talking points and had no idea that it was actually something that Gates had pushed for it and Obama accepted the advice of his intel people. In stark contrast to Trump. All Trump did was close a deal that had begun well before he even ran for President and Poland was determined to finish itself. I have no doubt like just about anything else historical or foreign policy oriented that Trump would not have even known anything at all about it all without one of his aides filling him in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom