• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Promises to Cure Cancer if Re-elected

He has told me that a cure for cancer is something allot of people DO NOT want.

Blessings on your wife that she recovers completely.
Nope, anyone making big money in the medical industry doesn't really want a cure. Big Pharma would love to see a 50 thousand dollar PILL that can put it in remission, maybe after 300 thousand dollars worth of regular doses, the for profit hospitals would love to see a 50 thousand dollar test to go along with the 300 thousand dollars worth of pills.

But in the end, if you're making big money in healthcare, you want remission and symptom management, not a CURE.
And that's why focusing on profit alone is anathema to wellness, anathema to medicine itself.

It's like private prisons...if the crime problem goes away, they're in trouble.

Nope, anyone making big money in the medical industry doesn't really want a cure. Big Pharma would love to see a 50 thousand dollar PILL that can put it in remission, maybe after 300 thousand dollars worth of regular doses, the for profit hospitals would love to see a 50 thousand dollar test to go along with the 300 thousand dollars worth of pills.

But in the end, if you're making big money in healthcare, you want remission and symptom management, not a CURE.
And that's why focusing on profit alone is anathema to wellness, anathema to medicine itself.

You said it again.

That’s the stupidest concept in the world.

If a company could come up with a cure for cancer (and they can’t, because it’s actually hundreds of different diseases), they would drop everything to pursue it and get it to market ASAP, because it’s a sure multi billion dollar product.

It is up to the patient and the doctor. Campaigning is just that, and never a substitute for sound medical advice and second or third opinions.
So, what is this really about? Partisan nonsense and pre election noise.

I prefer to look at it for what it is, a bullcrap lie and for some reason we expect/want our politicians to lie to us. Tell us stuff like there's going to be a great big beautiful wall on our southern border and better yet, mexico is paying, one hundred percent.

My wife is currently going through chemo after having two tumors removed from one breast. Thank Gawd neither were malignant and that nothing got to the Lymph Nodes. She'll be fine and is handling it all like the determined and unmovable person she is. However...I also have a close friend who works in the Cancer Research Center here in Toronto. Every year he spends allot of his time writing justifications for his team's government research grants. He has told me that a cure for cancer is something allot of people DO NOT want.

If a cure does happen, the entire world will rejoice. However knowing what I do about it and the research, I doubt any cures will suddenly pop up, any time soon.

Why cure something that a drug company can just keep you coming back for more medication to control whatever? Control equals profits, cures equal a profit margin that will disappear.

Do you have any evidence a cure exists?

What type of cancer are we talking about? Which one of the major groups : Carcinoma, sarcoma, melanoma, lymphoma, and leukemia?

Not in our lifetime will we ever have something such as a drug like penicillin to fight it.

Currently we have been successful in removing certain types of cancer. In others the best we can probably envision is remission to give one a few more years.

Currently there is a strong rejection of having any government regulation over our lives. But if they are serious then we really need to know how much of our environment is the cause of some cancers.

Any candidate making such claims is pandering to the ignorant.

You said it again.

That’s the stupidest concept in the world.

If a company could come up with a cure for cancer (and they can’t, because it’s actually hundreds of different diseases), they would drop everything to pursue it and get it to market ASAP, because it’s a sure multi billion dollar product.

How is what I am saying any different than what you're saying?

Do you have any evidence a cure exists?

No of course not. There are a few vaccine ideas, but no "cure" so far.
I was saying that in general, if you CURE something, that's where the money train stops, and that Big Pharma definitely prefers to keep their customers coming back for dose after dose after dose. It is much more profitable.

Your friend is an idiot.

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

I don't think I can agree.
I think it depends a bit on who is writing the grant application and what the grant is supposed to be intended for. I do however think that Canadian medical researchers are probably subjected to less pressure from the private sector.

I've been around a ton of grant application environments for everything from soup to nuts, and it's a bit of an odd alternate existence in some ways. A dear friend of MINE started "EcoNews, the nation's ONLY regularly scheduled weekly environmental news broadcast" way way back in the early 1980's and I worked for her a lot back then.

When she won her very first Cable Ace Award (which is now simply a regular Emmy Award) she commented to me that "Now the QUALITY of the grants I can access is going to go way up, but so will the pressure."

"What pressure?"

I soon realized that in many cases, some of the money coming into EcoNews sometimes came from what one might normally view as hostile to environmentalism. For instance, why would Exxon want to help fund a show like that?
She had to do a very strange "dance" with some of these donors.

She could do a show about the "trash to energy" plant proposed in the City of Vernon but she would start getting nasty-grams and terse phone calls if she was working on stories about some of the oil drilling sites located IN the city limits of Los Angeles.

Do you folks even realize that we still HAVE oil drilling sites in the middle of the city here?

Trump promises to cure cancer if re-elected

Only shared because all the righties laughed when Joe Biden said it. Now Trump says it. Funny.

Well that's it then, cancer will be cured within 2 years thanks to the "Race to Cure Cancer" between Biden and Trump. I predict Trump will win, he wants that Nobel prize so desperately he'd even pay to find a cure for cancer to get it.

"People all the time ask me, 'are the cancer numbers that bad', and I have to say yes. They're terrible. But we are doing this."

That Mayhem guy...I think we need to recruit him to do a Trump commercial.

"Who are you?"

"I'm a crooked corrupt grifter who's going to steal your democracy."

"What??"

That Mayhem guy...I think we need to recruit him to do a Trump commercial.

"Who are you?"

"I'm a crooked corrupt grifter who's going to steal your democracy."

"What??"

The best of those were the "resolutions were made to be broken" one.

Good question; why didn't he? Wasn't he Obama's point man on curing cancer? Wasn't Obama the "smartest man ever elected President"? Or was he too busy cooling the planet and lowering the oceans. :cool:

Yes, of course it's Biden's fault that cancer hasn't been cured, but now that Trump is on it, a cure is inevitable. :roll:

Yes, of course it's Biden's fault that cancer hasn't been cured, but now that Trump is on it, a cure is inevitable. :roll:
Yeah, that's exactly it. :roll:

Good question; why didn't he? Wasn't he Obama's point man on curing cancer? Wasn't Obama the "smartest man ever elected President"? Or was he too busy cooling the planet and lowering the oceans. :cool:

Well since Trump has joined the bandwagon, why hasn't he cured cancer before? Surely he could have built the most beautiful, magnificent, cancer-cure-finding facility ever with all of the billions he supposedly has. Seems like a waste spending money on all those failed ventures when he could have been curing cancer. What a waste of money. SAD.

To be clear, i think it's a good goal to have. No matter who is President. That's not the point.

Biden was ridiculed by the Trumpettes for making thst goal clear, snd now their guy is doing it. Whst's the actual difference here?

The difference is that Trump will have the "most fantastic" cure. Also, that he is lying.

Back
Top Bottom