• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Promises to Cure Cancer if Re-elected

Did you miss

No, I didn't. Why the last name of one and not the other? Biden was being a disingenuous jack ass. Everyone knows that they're already predicted cancer would be cured within about ten years given the expected breakthroughs. Trump was obviously mocking Biden, as he does every candidate. I also know people dying of cancer, that doesn't give me some moral authority.

I made my post in that thread.

Somehow I see too many people playing game trying to protect the Democrats to keep the light shining on Trump. He did nothing wrong here, he mocked a guy that needed mocking and was fair game as a candidate. That had zero to do with cancer patients.

My wife is currently going through chemo after having two tumors removed from one breast. Thank Gawd neither were malignant and that nothing got to the Lymph Nodes. She'll be fine and is handling it all like the determined and unmovable person she is. However...I also have a close friend who works in the Cancer Research Center here in Toronto. Every year he spends allot of his time writing justifications for his team's government research grants. He has told me that a cure for cancer is something allot of people DO NOT want.

If a cure does happen, the entire world will rejoice. However knowing what I do about it and the research, I doubt any cures will suddenly pop up, any time soon.

Your friend is an idiot.

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Somehow I see too many people playing game trying to protect the Democrats to keep the light shining on Trump. He did nothing wrong here, he mocked a guy that needed mocking and was fair game as a candidate. That had zero to do with cancer patients.

Because mocking is all he can do, and it such an admirable trait , especially in a leader.

The only person Trump was mocking was people like you.

A little bit off topic but i think worth sharing because its about cancer treatment.

From what i understand they are creating a nationsl data base of cancer cases where they punch in all the paitents information except for stuff that identifies who they are. They are running data analysis programs to find all the things each oaitent has in common. This isnt new but because its computerized the data is being looked at on s much larger scale and at a faster rate.

They think they are gonna be able to figure out things like
Who is most vulnerable to which types of cancers
Which treatments hsve the best results
What the best ways are to avoid it

The research project has a lot of promise for the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Only he alone can do it.

I was surprised he didn't claim he knows more about cancer than doctors; or that his cure would be a beautiful cure...the best cure ever because no one can make cures like him.

:)

He also said he would cure AIDS.

And make 'Murica great again...it sure hasn't been great the last 2 years?:lamo

I was just thinking about this just before I read your post. Now if Trump said this the left would call him a liar. Does the left call Biden a liar?

Well, maybe they would have we don't know. What is true is that Biden said it and was roundly ridiculed by the right. Are you ridiculing Trump now?

Only he alone can do it.

Yes he can. He is going to negotiate with cancer cells and make a deal. There are good cells on both sides. BOTH SIDES!!

Trump doesn't deserve to be criticized for calling for a cure. Neither did Biden.

I think the whole cancer cure thing is a scam. It seems like money just gets raked into an endless void.

My father had lung cancer back in 1984, and the primary treatment was Chemotherapy.

Fast forward to today, about 35 years later, and what's the primary treatment for cancer? You guess it...Chemotherapy.

I think the whole cancer cure thing is a scam. It seems like money just gets raked into an endless void.

My father had lung cancer back in 1984, and the primary treatment was Chemotherapy.

Fast forward to today, about 35 years later, and what's the primary treatment for cancer? You guess it...Chemotherapy.

The prognosis is much better today than 35 years ago because of advances in Chemo.

Ummmm. Not really.

It’s immunotherapy for many types of lung cancer, which has revolutionized the field.

Well, maybe they would have we don't know. What is true is that Biden said it and was roundly ridiculed by the right. Are you ridiculing Trump now?

Trump says a lot of stupid stuff. Biden says a lot of stupid stuff. AOC and Bernie say a lot of stupid stuff. They all say a lot of stupid stuff. That's my answer.

Maybe it's just a function of greater general awareness, and better early detection?

More than that. Lindell Hightower, the former lead guitarist in a band I used to play in, was diagnosed with lung cancer and given 6 months to live. He made it another 10 years, due to the chemo he underwent.

That is entirely false, healthcare in this nation today is not up to "the patient and the doctor."

Correct. It's up to the doctors and the insurance company execs they play golf with.

More than that. Lindell Hightower, the former lead guitarist in a band I used to play in, was diagnosed with lung cancer and given 6 months to live. He made it another 10 years, due to the chemo he underwent.

It's hit or miss and they have little to aim with other than trial and error. My father in law, who I've been relatively close with for 20 years, died this April from lung cancer. It jumped in the other direction: 6-12 months to days or weeks, in an instant (something like 9 or 10 days).

We've made advances but we're far from understanding why exactly certain things work with certain cancers.

This isn't an attack. You are absolutely right about the improved prognoses.

Different, more targeted. Plus there is immunotherapy and other methods. They are making advances, but it's unbelievably complex asking how a human body with and separately without envronmental factors will react to chemo, especially when environmental/personal factors are self-reported by people usually reflecting on their lives.

It's not like we can run controlled studies where various control groups are asked to ingest potentially cancerous material and compared against placebos and compared against those told they're taking nothing. It's all self-reported. We can generate a vague sense of what chemicals are most likely to cause cancer but the approach to treating likely cancer or detected cancer varies greatly with the circumstances.

Trump has promised to cure himself ? Is he resigning ? If so, that's very encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom