• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown; Dems cool to offer

Pelosi is too smart to trust the Liar in Chief. And, so am I.

Stupid people, OTOH, probably believe Trump was being sincere.

He’s not giving the Dems DACA, it is a temp reprieve. Now if he did actually give DACA fully than maybe that might be worth it. Bit right now, no that isn’t what trump is offering.

As has been stated he gave the Democrats 3 years to negotiate a permanent deal and since you are going to retake the WH(in your dreams) what do you have to lose?

3 Years is a pretty good compromise and since you people believe you are going to retake the WH what do you have to lose?

Big govt. liberals will never compromise on any issue with Trump
It's no compromise at all. It's already in place.

Throw-in Medicare For All, and/or protection for Mueller. Now that would enticing.

Rep King? Jeez

I am reminded of the Rozanne Barr situation, where she made a tweet not knowing that Valerie Jarret is black, or "identifies" as black in today's world. Rozanne did not compare a black woman to a monkey, she compared a white woman to a monkey in her mind, the same thing leftists do all the time.

As for King, he was not saying that White Supremacists and White Nationalists were being unfairly maligned. He simply stated in an inartful way that Western Civilization is being maligned as being horrible, when in fact Western Civilization is the greatest accomplishment in human history.

If you lefties or righties who hate Trump want to continue to label white people as racist and evil, we cannot stop that. But I assure you, there are many people who know the truth about our history, and you may very well find us annoying in the future, just as we find you marxists annoying.

I have not problem with King complaining that western civ shouldnt be a negative, tho I suppose some Africans might. But "white supremacy" should be a no-no. And this is not the first time "Cantaloupe Calves King" has said something like that. He needs to be more careful than Rosanne does.

Still waiting for details of the plan to destroy western civ.

As has been stated he gave the Democrats 3 years to negotiate a permanent deal and since you are going to retake the WH(in your dreams) what do you have to lose?

Plenty, give us full DACA or the Dems should refuse. Trump isn’t giving the Dems anything but he’s asking for everything.

He did make an offer. Of course it's not one you would like as it does not include taking down all the fences and walls that are immoral and open up the border.
He offered what's already in place. It's worthless.

What happened to "transparency" you don't want to know how the sausage is made. Why not. Trump is very transparent, because he's Trump now you hate "transparency". Yeah I know you don't like transparency, you like it when the Dems pass a bill like Obamacare and after it's passed, Pelosi has to read it to find out what's in it.
Transparency? Was Nancy and Chuck invited on stage? To debate his talking points? He tried that once, and had his ass handed to him. So he's now resorting to theatre. You know, the stuff that works on his base but on one else?

Throw-in Medicare For All, and/or protection for Mueller. Now that would enticing.

You lefties don't like Mueller anymore, he bitch slapped your praised Buzzfeed. Knocked them on their ass and made fools of them. You can't let Mueller do that.

I have not problem with King complaining that western civ shouldnt be a negative, tho I suppose some Africans might. But "white supremacy" should be a no-no. And this is not the first time "Cantaloupe Calves King" has said something like that. He needs to be more careful than Rosanne does.

Europe is being overrun by Merkel's young military age army of muslims and other africans, third world, no education, and the US is being overrun be democrat voters who are latino, uneducated, 3rd world peasants.

But you are willing to accuse him of white nationalism and white supremacy based on his inartful comments, even though that is easily understood in context?

He offered what's already in place. It's worthless.

Of course, it's not one you would like as it does not include taking down all the fences and walls that are immoral and open up the border.

Transparency? Was Nancy and Chuck invited on stage?

It's been 28 days and Nancy and Chuck have been a no show. Pelosi ran to Hawaii to go into hiding, then they play in the sand for a week in Puerto Rico and then she could not wait to get on a plane to Brussels for a week in hiding.

You lefties don't like Mueller anymore, he bitch slapped your praised Buzzfeed. Knocked them on their ass and made fools of them. You can't let Mueller do that.

Quite the remarkable thing, Mueller making a rare, if not unprecedented, statement to correct fake news. If Mueller doesn't deliver, they will be calling for his head.

If it were up to democrats, every person in the world would have a vote in our elections. The rest of the world on average wishes for our destruction, which is what the democrats want.

Turn down Hannity. Clearly it's rotting your brain.

Trump is basically offering Democrats something that they already have for the next 10-12 months?

Huh.

So Democrats take that deal--the one they already have--in return for $5 billion for a border wall--something Trump doesn't have?

Huh.

And the majority of Americans (1) don't want a wall, (2) blame Trump for the shutdown, and (3) are lowering Trump's approval rating dramatically over it?

Huh.

I wonder how Democrats are going to respond.

hE2E4BFC8

Europe is being overrun by Merkel's young military age army of muslims and other africans, third world, no education, and the US is being overrun be democrat voters who are latino, uneducated, 3rd world peasants.

Much as we were overrun by Irish, Italian and Jewish peasants 100 years ago, fleeing third world-like conditions. Jews voted democrat, Italians republican, Irish started out dems and changed a bit. Look up the political cartoons depicting the Irish back in the day.

But you are willing to accuse him of white nationalism and white supremacy based on his inartful comments, even though that is easily understood in context?

Tell me the context, other than at a cross burning, where white supremacy as a concept is not objectionable.

I listened to the entire speech. When you boil it down, it's DACA for the wall.

No it isn't no matter how you boil it. He rescinded DACA (took it away) now he wants to extend something he took away for 3 years.
Your original statement said (pathway to citizenship) he did not say that in any way.

Of course, it's not one you would like as it does not include taking down all the fences and walls that are immoral and open up the border.

It's been 28 days and Nancy and Chuck have been a no show. Pelosi ran to Hawaii to go into hiding, then they play in the sand for a week in Puerto Rico and then she could not wait to get on a plane to Brussels for a week in hiding.
No, it's a worthless offer. It's nothing of value.

Why not just reverse all of the Trump pro growth economic policies and promote class envy and class warfare? Keep showing that you don't negotiate with liberals.

Plenty, give us full DACA or the Dems should refuse. Trump isn’t giving the Dems anything but he’s asking for everything.

LOL, keep showing that you don't negotiate with liberals, Full DACA can't be done with a new Democratic President and Congress in 2020? You really couldn't care less about the govt. shutdown and hundreds of thousands of birthers who would be given a three year reprieve letting your party work on a long term plan. this is all about your hatred for Trump and diversion from your own misery

As stated typical liberal response as there is compromising with a liberal means giving them everything they want. Shows exactly that the left truly doesn't give a damn about the birthers and just wants to bring down Trump

Why would we care about birthers? They are idiots

Unless birthers are for another group

It seemed more PR, than substance. I think he just did it to claim he made an offer, thereby have a talking point to blame Pelosi when she turns it down.

If he was serious about negotiating, he would do it behind closed doors with the principles. This event was simply PR theatre ...

Unfortunately PR is the only way he knows how to deal. He just keeps showing his inability to be president and it seems he does not even try to learn anything about being a president.

LOL, keep showing that you don't negotiate with liberals, Full DACA can't be done with a new Democratic President and Congress in 2020? You really couldn't care less about the govt. shutdown and hundreds of thousands of birthers who would be given a three year reprieve letting your party work on a long term plan. this is all about your hatred for Trump and diversion from your own misery

No what I care about is negotiations in good faith and what trump is offering is nothing. Period, your kissing up to anything trump is actually pretty sick and demented. I feel sorry for you that you have such a crush on trump that logic escapes you.

UHC is a separate battle. The more stuff that gets lumped into any negotiation, the less likely it is that an agreement will be reached.

DACA for the wall is fair and it gives both sides a "victory". It should be a no-brainer.

No, you want a ****in deal? Let's make a real deal. Temporary DACA for a permanent wall? No. Universal healthcare. That's what's on the table.

You can blame Pelosi for that, she keeps running from Trump to make a deal. She's had a month to stand up and do your job. But no she to much of a coward.

Well besides passing Bill's in the house to reopen things..but sure let's go with your opinion

Back
Top Bottom