• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown; Dems cool to offer

Obama didn't turn things around in 8 years, Obama had a Democratic Congress and no budget thus a white board able to do basically what he wanted

https://www.forbes.com/sites/louisw...or-worst-economic-recovery-ever/#537a6cf13ca2

The DOW tripled and unemployment was cut in half.. But that wasn't a 'turn around'?

You link an article from a guy who's not even an economist, he's an engineer for God sakes. And all he does is cherrypick facts..

You, and other rabid Republicans won't give Obama an OUNCE of credit, for anything. You never have, and you will. But then you whine and cry when people give Trump a hard time. But you won't give one inch?

Last edited:
The DOW tripled and unemployment was cut in half.. But that wasn't a 'turn around'?

You link an article from a guy who's not even an economist, he's an engineer for God sakes. And all he does is cherrypick facts..

You, and other rabid Republicans won't give Obama an OUNCE of credit, for anything. You never have, and you will. But then you whine and cry when people give Trump a hard time. But you won't give one inch?

OMG, in order for the DOW to triple it had to drop, in October 2007 t was 14.7K going to 18 in 8 years isn't tripling. Cherrypicking facts is posting Treasury data to the left whereas you want to believe what others say. Want me to post Conservative economists reports?

Again, keep diverting from the thread topic and keep proving how little credibility you have

Worst recovery in history under Obama due to him being like most liberals economics and private sector challenged

OMG, in order for the DOW to triple it had to drop, in October 2007 t was 14.7K going to 18 in 8 years isn't tripling.

Like I said, not an ounce of credit..

And talk about cherry picking??.. You're pointing out where the DOW was in 2007? Obama wasn't president in 2007. You're talking about Obama's 8 year term but then go back to 2007's DOW? 2 years before he was Prez....lol

Under OBAMA'S terms the DOW tripled and unemployment was cut in half. Unless of course you want to point to the unemployment rate in 1970, or whenever.

Discussing anything with you is completely pointless. You're blinded so much by your partisan politics and hatred of anyone Dem that you make NO sense at all.

Adios.. Have a nice day..

Like I said, not an ounce of credit..

And talk about cherry picking??.. You're pointing out where the DOW was in 2007? Obama wasn't president in 2007. You're talking about Obama's 8 year term but then go back to 2007's DOW? 2 years before he was Prez....lol

Under OBAMA'S terms the DOW tripled and unemployment was cut in half. Unless of course you want to point to the unemployment rate in 1970, or whenever.

Discussing anything with you is completely pointless. You're blinded so much by your partisan politics and hatred of anyone Dem that you make NO sense at all.

Adios.. Have a nice day..
Ignoring the fact that Obama had a democratic Congress and no budget for fiscal year 2009. Keep ignoring when the recession began and the reason you voted for Obama. Cherry Picked data is taking the lowest point and then calling that growth when it reached 18,000. Obama left the economy at 1.2%. Apparently official government data is now called cherry-picked by you. You have a great day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oooook we are done..I'm not interested in this fake reality you have constructed for yourself...you go enjoy that..I'm gonna go enjoy fact land..

Wish I could figure out what is wrong with people like you. I presented the official facts that you have yet to refute. Prove the official data I have posted wrong and I will leave this forum and make you a hero. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty and inability to admit when wrong?

My favorite part of that article is when he uses unemployment rates, doesn't like the answer, so brings in Shadow Stats, who make up their own various economic statistics and that's a favorite with the Zero Hedge crowd, and voila! Obama 'wins' that round.

And then instead of using the actual stock market, he cherry picked the "real Dow" (Dow divided by price of gold) which reflects the gold bubble that peaked right at the end of the 3-year measuring period then dropped by half the next three years? Why not deflate the Dow by CPI or other traditional way of adjusting for inflation, (and which would boost the Obama performance because of deflation or very, very low inflation those three years), but by a precious metal, gold for some reason?

I'm not sure, but if we're going to use random things other than the stock market to see how the, you know, stock market does, I suggest we grade Trump on the Dow deflated by Bitcoin! His first year will score an F- because BTC skyrocketed, and so the "real Dow" will have plummeted when the Dow as reported on the, you know, stock market exchanges, did pretty good. But the best part will be 2018. Since BTC collapsed from 20,000 to about 3,500, the "real Dow" did awesome last year!!! A+++++++ when the actual stock market was slightly down for the year!

Last edited:
My favorite part of that article is when he uses unemployment rates, doesn't like the answer, so brings in Shadow Stats, who make up their own various economic statistics and that's a favorite with the Zero Hedge crowd, and voila! Obama 'wins' that round.

And then instead of using the actual stock market, he cherry picked the "real Dow" (Dow divided by price of gold) which reflects the gold bubble that peaked right at the end of the 3-year measuring period then dropped by half the next three years? Why not deflate the Dow by CPI or other traditional way of adjusting for inflation, (and which would boost the Obama performance because of deflation or very, very low inflation those three years), but by a precious metal, gold for some reason?

I'm not sure, but if we're going to use random things other than the stock market to see how the, you know, stock market does, I suggest we grade Trump on the Dow deflated by Bitcoin! His first year will score an F- because BTC skyrocketed, and so the "real Dow" will have plummeted when the Dow as reported on the, you know, stock market exchanges, did pretty good. But the best part will be 2018. Since BTC collapsed from 20,000 to about 3,500, the "real Dow" did awesome last year!!! A+++++++ when the actual stock market was slightly down for the year!

Yep.. And Cons answer to me about my point that the DOW tripled under Obama is also a classic...lol He said the DOW was a 14,000 in 2007, and at 18,000 when Obama left office, so under him it only went up 4,000..

2007??? What the hell does that have to do with Obama? Anyway that's how far some will go to NOT give Obama any credit for anything good that happened from 2009 to 2017.. Pulling dates out of the air and linking BS articles written by an engineer using random numbers and cherry picking to try and make Obama look bad. ..

Yep.. And Cons answer to me about my point that the DOW tripled under Obama is also a classic...lol He said the DOW was a 14,000 in 2007, and at 18,000 when Obama left office, so under him it only went up 4,000..

2007??? What the hell does that have to do with Obama? Anyway that's how far some will go to NOT give Obama any credit for anything good that happened from 2009 to 2017.. Pulling dates out of the air and linking BS articles written by an engineer using random numbers and cherry picking to try and make Obama look bad. ..

Yeah for some reason he thinks the absolute peak of the biggest bubble in 4 or 5 generations was sustainable, and so gives Bush credit for conditions at the peak of the bubble - jobs, etc. - then starts Obama's clock during the Bush era. It's a unique scorecard, which is I guess why that Fortune article looked so good to him.

Back
Top Bottom