• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: I didn't record secret tapes of James Comey

Ultimately it depends on the crime.
Otherwise it's political and everyone is responsible for what they say.

Well, I agree with you that people should be held accountable for what they say. Not drunken local jagoff that shoots his mouth off at the bar so much as the president of the united states.

going back to the "I hope.." conversation, that was inappropriate and you seem to think it didn't cross any legal threshold. That's for special counsel to decide. I think the it was just "I hope.." is a horrible talking point. More like a hoping point.

ba dum tss

I believe he would have answered the questions honestly.

Do you think Trump has the ability to be consistently honest?

Trustworthy isnt the adjective I would use to describe Comey.
Vindictive, partisan, self serving ? Yup.

In hindsight Trumps suspicions were right on the money. Comey reserves his memo writing habits for Trump and Republicans but when Lynch asked him to refer to the Hillary Clinton investigation as a matter ?

Nope, not worthy of any special consideration let alone a " memo ".

Im convinced ( and so was the WH ) that Comey's plan to get back at Trump included testimony that implicated Trump in the Russian collusion conspiracy and testimony that " proved " obstruction.

It would have been Comeys word against Trumps and the Media would have ha a field day with it.

Im also convinced Trump and Comey discussed the Lynch issue, otherwise Comey wouldnt have mentioned it

Well, I agree with you that people should be held accountable for what they say. Not drunken local jagoff that shoots his mouth off at the bar so much as the president of the united states.

going back to the "I hope.." conversation, that was inappropriate and you seem to think it didn't cross any legal threshold. That's for special counsel to decide. I think the it was just "I hope.." is a horrible talking point. More like a hoping point.

ba dum tss

Should Obama have been held responsible for his very misleading comments about Obamacare?

Should Obama have been held responsible for his very misleading comments about Obamacare?

Wasn't he? The right hated him for 8 solid years straight. There isn't much Obama did that they didn't use against him.

His bluff to force Comey to not embellish and lie and give the Democrats and the Media exactly what they wanted is evidence of obstruction ?

Really ?

No, it wasn't to do that.

If he didn't make the tapes, he lied about having them in order to intimidate Comey, and he was obstructing justice. If he is lying now and he really does have them, he is obstructing justice.

It's OK that that scares you. It should.

Wasn't he? The right hated him for 8 solid years straight. There isn't much Obama did that they didn't use against him.

No, he wasn't. Certainly not by the "hold everyone accountable Leftists" who suddenly think the president should be 'peached over every-little-thing.

If you all had held Obama to this same standard, he would have folded in less than in a year.

And until you take an action no one can assume what you meant and, as you described it, it's certainly not chargeable.

True but it is implied and clearly at that.

He intimidated Comey ? Is that the official narrative ?

No, he forced Comey to consider the possibility that their conversations were taped prior to his sworn testimony.

Otherwise it would have been Comeys word against Trumps, and Comey, a 6'8" women scorned would have embellished his testimony to feed the Russian collusion and obstruction narratives.
The media would have had a field day with Comeys testimony, instead they were forced to switch narratives to obstruction.
Good luck with that...Lol !

Try English as a second language.

"Tried" has a meaning

Trump: Obama wiretapped me.
Trump: I may have secretly recorded Comey.
Trump: The real problem is fake news.

Trump: Obama wiretapped me.
Trump: I may have secretly recorded Comey.
Trump: The real problem is fake news.

Democrats: Trump tried to shut down the Russian investigation. That's messed up.
Trump: I did it.
Republicans: We may never get to the bottom of this.

My interpretation is right on the money ! The Left and the media are just too upset to think clearly anymore.

Theyve traded IQ points for outrage and perenial butthurt and its hillarious.

Couldnt happen to a nicer group of people either. Comeys testimony was supposed to be start of impeachment proceedings, instead, Comey was forced to testify truthfully and not perjur himself and his testimony killed the Trump russian collusion tin hattery.

And that enrages the Left and media

On the Money according to whom? You? I think we established that you don't do truth. At least there hasn't been in this thread.

We all know for example "Comey was forced to testify" is a complete fabrication and requires the speaker to establish that Comey, a lawyer, would not have otherwise testified, which is in polite terms complete bull****.

You're going to have to find a new whine, the old crap of the great worldwide left wing conspiracy isn't working anymore and you sound like an Obamabot and their "What about Bush?"

And, in closing, if there really were a media conspiracy Trump would never have been elected.

And don't forget to bill the Republican party for the time on this.

On the Money according to whom? You? I think we established that you don't do truth. At least there hasn't been in this thread.

We all know for example "Comey was forced to testify" is a complete fabrication and requires the speaker to establish that Comey, a lawyer, would not have otherwise testified, which is in polite terms complete bull****.

You're going to have to find a new whine, the old crap of the great worldwide left wing conspiracy isn't working anymore and you sound like an Obamabot and their "What about Bush?"

And, in closing, if there really were a media conspiracy Trump would never have been elected.

And don't forget to bill the Republican party for the time on this.

I think you are taking the contrarian position for the sake of taking the contrarian positon.

Trump is doing a solid job, the economy is booming, the stock market is setting daily highs, today is perhaps the greatest time in the history of this country to be looking for a job yet liberals are saying things are all doom and gloom.

It is a stupid position that is not backed up by any data or facts. It would be like arguing the world is flat. Just plain stupid.

What a giant horses ass this buffoon is and we see more evidence of it every single day. Trump is going to go down in history as the worst president to every hold the office.

This whole six week long bluff about non-existent tapes was worse than bush league nonsense. Its disgusting.

No, it wasn't to do that.

If he didn't make the tapes, he lied about having them in order to intimidate Comey, and he was obstructing justice. If he is lying now and he really does have them, he is obstructing justice.

It's OK that that scares you. It should.

He did not say , " I have tapes ", or " Hey Comey, the conversations were taped, FYI "

He said Comey should consider the possibility that their conversations were taped.

Prior to that tweet it was Comeys word against his, and given Comeys conduct there was every reason he would embellish the conversations to give he media exactly what they wanted.

No one forced Comey to testify truthfully, he was under the same pressure everyone else is under when theyre put under oath, and that is not to perjur themselves.

What a giant horses ass this buffoon is and we see more evidence of it every single day. Trump is going to go down in history as the worst president to every hold the office.

This whole six week long bluff about non-existent tapes was worse than bush league nonsense. Its disgusting.

Last edited:

Disgusting ? No it was brilliant.

Comeys testimony was so played up by the media they all ran it live and pre-empted other programing.

Bars opened up at 9 am so millenials could sit and celebrate as Comey testimony gave new life and legitmacy to the Russian collusion narrative

CNN and MSNBC were talking impeachment...Lol !

I bet you not one Lib, not one hack CNN talking head ever considered the signifigance of Trumps tweet prior to his testimony.

He did not say , " I have tapes ", or " Hey Comey, the conversations were taped, FYI "

He said Comey should consider the possibility that their conversations were taped.

Irrelevant as I never claimed that he said those things. Please try harder to stay relevant.
Prior to that tweet it was Comeys word against his, and given Comeys conduct there was every reason he would embellish the conversations to give he media exactly what they wanted.

No one forced Comey to testify truthfully, he was under the same pressure everyone else is under when theyre put under oath, and that is not to perjur themselves.

LOL! What we learned from all this is that when he gets caught in his empty bluff, he folds. That sends quite a message to our country's enemies, as well.

The tweet was designed to intimidate. It failed at an almost cinematic level: it didn't silence Comey; it set in motion the special counsel investigation that now haunts Donald Trump every minute of his every day.

So, let's see here....

A. Admits to OOJ.
B. Weakens the United States.

No wonder you love him.

Last edited:
I think you are taking the contrarian position for the sake of taking the contrarian positon.

Trump is doing a solid job, the economy is booming, the stock market is setting daily highs, today is perhaps the greatest time in the history of this country to be looking for a job yet liberals are saying things are all doom and gloom.

It is a stupid position that is not backed up by any data or facts. It would be like arguing the world is flat. Just plain stupid.

The economy is booming? Unemployment is down press than 1 percent since last year, so it's basically the same. Unless you're trying to say it was booming under Obama....

The Trumpbots in this thread have finally hit rock bottom. I don't even care anymore. Trump is a big, strong, smart guy. And Comey, weak, skinny, too tall, very effeminate.

Call me when he's impeached.

Irrelevant as I never claimed that he said those things. Please try harder to stay relevant.

LOL! What we learned from all this is that when he gets caught in his empty bluff, he folds. That sends quite a message to our country's enemies, as well.

The tweet was designed to intimidate. It failed at an almost cinematic level: it didn't silence Comey; it set in motion the special counsel investigation that now haunts Donald Trump every minute of his every day.

So, let's see here....

A. Admits to OOJ.
B. Weakens the United States.

No wonder you love him.

So Comey had to be " intimidated " not to perjur himself ?

It didnt fail at all, the Left and the Media played up Comey's testimony to epic proportions and bars opened up at 9 so all the millenials could celebrate Trumps impending impeachment.

MSNBC and CNN were talking impeachment prior to Comeys testimony, and what did he testify to ?
That Trump was never under investigation, and that Trump told him to look into his associates and get back to him.
Lol ! Yea it really failed miserably. It just killed the Russian collusion narrative thats all

Dems were forced to go to plan B, " obstruction " after Comeys testimony, yea good luck with that.

Donald Trump actually DOES have tapes.***

****Tapeworms, and they have eaten his brain.

The Trumpbots in this thread have finally hit rock bottom. I don't even care anymore. Trump is a big, strong, smart guy. And Comey, weak, skinny, too tall, very effeminate.

Call me when he's impeached.

Oh please, Comey was forced to take the possibility of perjuring himself into consideration and chose to testify truthfully.
Sure, the Media and the Left didnt get what they wanted, didnt get testimony that backed up their tin hattery but thats on them.

Oh please, Comey was forced to take the possibility of perjuring himself into consideration and chose to testify truthfully.
Sure, the Media and the Left didnt get what they wanted, didnt get testimony that backed up their tin hattery but thats on them.

Did you support Cruz or Trump in the primary? Power your guard down. There's no angle or twist I'm just curious and tired of the broken record of calling trump a liar and you guys tearing the left down.

He didnt mislead anyone. " Hey Comey, the conversations were taped, just FYI " ...and they werent.
Thats misleading.

" Hey Comey, you may want to consider the possibility that the conversations were taped "
They werent, thats not.

You people have no problem with tarmac meetings, illegal leaks, illegal ummaskings and DHS hacks of States voter registration databases, but youre losing your **** over this.
Strange..

You didn't actually counter my argument, you're just whining about the degree to which he was misleading. If he was intentionally misleading in an attempt to influence the testimony, then he was in violation of the law. The degree to which one is misleading could come into play at sentencing.

So Comey had to be " intimidated " not to perjur himself ?

It didnt fail at all, the Left and the Media played up Comey's testimony to epic proportions and bars opened up at 9 so all the millenials could celebrate Trumps impending impeachment.

MSNBC and CNN were talking impeachment prior to Comeys testimony, and what did he testify to ?
That Trump was never under investigation, and that Trump told him to look into his associates and get back to him.
Lol ! Yea it really failed miserably. It just killed the Russian collusion narrative thats all

Dems were forced to go to plan B, " obstruction " after Comeys testimony, yea good luck with that.

I love it when you can't rebut the simple reality of an argument and have to resort to make-believe nonsense about Comey and perjury.

The clear case for OOJ is staring you dead in the eye and all you can do is blink.

There are several narratives at play here, taking the form of various directions that Mueller is taking this. None of those narratives have been killed; they're all very much alive and thriving. Collusion, financial crimes and obstruction are all very much in play, and that has Trump sycophants frightened to death.

It's sort of fun, but also sort of pathetic to observe.

Sad!

Back
Top Bottom