• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: I didn't record secret tapes of James Comey

Whythink

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://usat.ly/2sXPAYx

WASHINGTON – Mystery solved: No, President Trump doesn't have recordings of former FBI director James Comey.

Another lie that will be defended.

How incredibly disappointing. I wouldn't let my 9 year old behave like this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WASHINGTON – Mystery solved: No, President Trump doesn't have recordings of former FBI director James Comey.

Non-story.

Trump never claimed he ever made any direct recordings.

Non-story.

No, that's correct.
He merely threatened Comey with non-existent recordings in order to obstruct justice.

That probably makes you feel better, right?

Non-story.

You know that and I know that but apparently for some others it depends on what news sources you let yourself be exposed to.

Non-story.

I actually agree, that technically he did not....but I am clear that he was trying to intimidate Comey.

Only an Idiot believe him anyway.

So it's safe to say, he was talking to Idiots.

You know that and I know that but apparently for some others it depends on what news sources you let yourself be exposed to.
He mentioned tapes knowing they didn't exist.

Defend away

Not so much a lie as a negotiation ploy. The problem is that using the tactic in politics and especially as President is highly problematic.

He mentioned tapes knowing they didn't exist.

Defend away

I think I see the problem here.
He said that Comey better hope there are no tapes and he allegedly said he hopes Comey could let Flynn go.
Some people don't know what the word "hope" means.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Hillarious, CNN is losing their **** over this.
Theyre outraged and will spend many many hours convening panels to discuss this issue...

Who ever came up with the idea for Trump to tweet that is GENIUS !

Libs are outraged and that means they've missed the entire point of the tweet.
That tweet FORCED Comey to consider the probabillity that their conversations were taped.

That made all the difference in the world when it came to his testimony. He could either risk perjury by lying what Trump said thereby giving the collusion and obstruction narrative a huge boost, or he could tell the truth.

Comey could have embellished his testimony and it would have been his word against Trumps and the media would have had a field day with it

He didnt, he confirmed Trump was never under investigation and that Trump told him to check out his associates
His testimony killed the Russian collusion lunacy and forced the Dems to focus on obstruction

Non-story.

I only hope there are recordings. If there are not, I will tend to begin to believe there is a cover up on the side of the President.

I think I see the problem here.
He said that Comey better hope there are no tapes and he allegedly said he hopes Comey could let Flynn go.
Some people don't know what the word "hope" means.

What if I said I "hope" something tragic befalls Trump? Do I get to hope with impunity too?

Only an Idiot believe him anyway.

So it's safe to say, he was talking to Idiots.

Trump played the media and the Democrats big time with that tweet, and theyre too outraged to realize it.

What if I said I "hope" something tragic befalls Trump? Do I get to hope with impunity too?

I dunno ... what do you expect to happen to you for saying it.

Um, what news sources are claiming that Trump taped his meetings with Comey?

What we DO know is that Trump used the intimation that he taped Comey in order to attempt to cow Comey into submission.

I dunno ... what do you expect to happen to you for saying it.

The entire right to come down on me for "hoping" while explaining away Trump's odd behavior by saying "hoping" things is insignificant.

It is not that difficult to intimidate Comey.

The evidence is to the contrary. He took the intimidation and look where Trump and company are....

Just because someone tries to intimidate does not mean the person will not push back.:lamo

Trump played the media and the Democrats big time with that tweet, and theyre too outraged to realize it.

That's Laughing you keep hearing in the background ... it the World Laughing

It is not that difficult to intimidate Comey.

Yep I can see a 6'8" Guy with Hundred of FBI Friends shacking in their boots of a Idiot like Trump who Putin fools everyday. :lamo

Yep I can see a 6'8" Guy with Hundred of FBI Friends shacking in their boots of a Idiot like Trump who Putin fools everyday. :lamo

James Comey is a wannbe millennial that cannot handle grown up conversations with people like Trump and Lynch.

The fatboy is a damn show-off and arrogant putz. His 15 minutues of fame is over.

Trump outsmarted the media once again. He plays them like a fiddle and they keep taking the bait. Like taking candy from a baby.

Um, what news sources are claiming that Trump taped his meetings with Comey?

What we DO know is that Trump used the intimation that he taped Comey in order to attempt to cow Comey into submission.

Thats nonsense. What Trump did was brilliant.
He forced Comey to consider that their conversations were taped prior to his sworn testimony.
Comey had two options after that. Embellish the conversations and add momentum to the collusion and obstruction narrative or testify truthfully

Trump played the media and the Dems and theyre too outraged to even realize it

The MSM and the Left got played royally by Trump.
Im almost embarassed for them

Thats nonsense. What Trump did was brilliant.
He forced Comey to consider that their conversations were taped prior to his sworn testimony.
Comey had two options after that. Embellish the conversations and add momentum to the collusion and obstruction narrative or testify truthfully

Trump played the media and the Dems and theyre too outraged to even realize it

No, Trump is an idiot. He desperately attacked from a hopeless position and it blew up in his face.

Back
Top Bottom