• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump 'didn't expect' to get laughed at while speaking at the UN

No, you posted quarterly numbers which aren't relevant as yearly is all that matters. You have yet to respond to the questions posed nor have you countered the official data with data of your own IN CONTEXT

i posted data which backs up my argument. it's fairly simple to do as my argument is correct. Obama inherited a wrecked economy and Trump inherited a good one. here is one of the posts for reference.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...peaking-un-post1069085134.html#post1069085134

and your deflection was refuted here :

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...peaking-un-post1069085580.html#post1069085580

Reagan wasn’t the last president. It was the failed, economic illiterate named Obama. The guy who had 1.6% growth in his last quarter, and never reached 3% in any one years despite pissing away 10 TRILLION.

Had Obama been Mr. Economy instead of an economic failure... Hillary would have won in a landslide.

she lost because she was an unlikable legacy candidate. the Democrats had to look back no further than 2012 to get an idea of how that generally turns out. however, Trump still inherited a good economy. let's hope that he doesn't ruin it with his stupidity.

in film, they have a name for it, it's called a "tragicomedy" but this one is of epic proportions.

Trump will go down as the world's most colossal buffoon ( and his confederacy of dunces ). Barnum & Bailey couldn't have imagined Donald Trump.

And because he is president of the United States, he is one dangerous buffoon, at that.

giving someone with the impulse control of a toddler the nuclear codes seems a pretty poor idea, for sure.

i posted data which backs up my argument. it's fairly simple to do as my argument is correct. Obama inherited a wrecked economy and Trump inherited a good one. here is one of the posts for reference.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...peaking-un-post1069085134.html#post1069085134

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...peaking-un-post1069085580.html#post1069085580

No, your data doesn't support your claims because there is no context, You still don't get it and probably never will. Employment numbers INCLUDE PART TIME FOR ECONOMIC REASONS and there were over 8-9 million of them and that skews the numbers, yes they are employed but wanting full time jobs they aren't paying full time taxes. Please stop with this leftwing bs, making you look foolish

Worst recovery in history, and we were coming out of recession in January, Obama inherited a Democratic Congress, a stimulus bill almost day one, a budget that he signed and employment went down 4 million to 138 million and up to 139 million two years later.

Please, why are you using 2010 as your starting point and why are you ignoring that it took until 2014 to get back to 2008 levels of employment? When you have pre recession numbers of 146 million, then leave it at 152 million that is 6 million jobs in 9 years, terrible performance, Trump has 4 million in 1 1/2 years and stop with the narrative, we were coming out of recession when Obama took office

No, your data doesn't support your claims because there is no context, You still don't get it and probably never will. Employment numbers INCLUDE PART TIME FOR ECONOMIC REASONS and there were over 8-9 million of them and that skews the numbers, yes they are employed but wanting full time jobs they aren't paying full time taxes. Please stop with this leftwing bs, making you look foolish

Worst recovery in history, and we were coming out of recession in January, Obama inherited a Democratic Congress, a stimulus bill almost day one, a budget that he signed and employment went down 4 million to 138 million and up to 139 million two years later.

yes, my data does support my claims. wishing that it doesn't won't help. refer to the data that i posted.

Please, why are you using 2010 as your starting point and why are you ignoring that it took until 2014 to get back to 2008 levels of employment? When you have pre recession numbers of 146 million, then leave it at 152 million that is 6 million jobs in 9 years, terrible performance, Trump has 4 million in 1 1/2 years and stop with the narrative, we were coming out of recession when Obama took office

my charts extend back to the Bush recession. please try to pay attention.

my charts extend back to the Bush recession. please try to pay attention.

Your chart shows full time employment in 2008 and not prior so suggest you learn how to read your charts. Try to be at least a little impartial instead of a radical leftist.

146 million employees January 2008, 152 million January 2017 looks like 6 million to me in 9 years for Obama hardly the results that warrant your support.

Your chart shows full time employment in 2008 and not prior so suggest you learn how to read your charts. Try to be at least a little impartial instead of a radical leftist.

146 million employees January 2008, 152 million January 2017 looks like 6 million to me in 9 years for Obama hardly the results that warrant your support.

if you are confused, we are talking about the economy Obama inherited vs the economy Trump inherited. Obama inherited a collapsed economy in 2009.

no, i didn't argue that.

here's the growth in full time employment :

View attachment 67241099

thanks for being understanding about it. i hate making preventable errors like that.

Please learn how to read your own chart, 2008 is the first date on the Employment chart and look what happened until 2010, what happened to shovel ready jobs and 842 billion dollars

if you are confused, we are talking about the economy Obama inherited vs the economy Trump inherited. Obama inherited a collapsed economy in 2009.

No, Obama didn't inherit a collapsing economy, it collapsed in 2008, he inherited a Democratic Congress, implemented his stimulus bill and signed the 2009 budget, 2009 was his year and a disaster as was his entire term

Please learn how to read your own chart, 2008 is the first date on the Employment chart and look what happened until 2010, what happened to shovel ready jobs and 842 billion dollars

yes, this one does start in 2008, and shows the Bush economic collapse. it also supports my argument.

No, Obama didn't inherit a collapsing economy, it collapsed in 2008, he inherited a Democratic Congress, implemented his stimulus bill and signed the 2009 budget, 2009 was his year and a disaster as was his entire term

yes, he did inherit a wrecked economy. refer to the charts and to reality.

yes, he did inherit a wrecked economy. refer to the charts and to reality.

Interesting how every expert disagrees with you but you obviously are right, stunning growth with the Obama stimulus and spending, -2.7% GDP growth and employment going from 142 million down to 138 million not returning back to pre recession levels until 2014. the left narrative sure has made a fool out of a lot of people. You generate those numbers in the private sector and see how long you keep your job

Interesting how every expert disagrees with you but you obviously are right, stunning growth with the Obama stimulus and spending, -2.7% GDP growth and employment going from 142 million down to 138 million not returning back to pre recession levels until 2014. the left narrative sure has made a fool out of a lot of people. You generate those numbers in the private sector and see how long you keep your job

refer to the charts. collapsed economies take more time to recover than to collapse. hopefully, inertia and the tax cut coke bump will get us through the era of the mad king.

refer to the charts. collapsed economies take more time to recover than to collapse. hopefully, inertia and the tax cut coke bump will get us through the era of the mad king.

Have seen your charts and they show the worst recovery from a recession in history, a recession that affected fewer Americans than any other recession in history as well. Your opinion noted as is your lack of understanding of data in context

only in the liberal world is no fiscal year of 3% growth, 6 million jobs created and 9.3 trillion added to the debt called a success

Have seen your charts and they show the worst recovery from a recession in history, a recession that affected fewer Americans than any other recession in history as well. Your opinion noted as is your lack of understanding of data in context

only in the liberal world is no fiscal year of 3% growth, 6 million jobs created and 9.3 trillion added to the debt called a success

the Bush collapse was certainly a colossal failure. Trump is lucky that he inherited one of the longest periods of expansion in history. that's another fact.

the Bush collapse was certainly a colossal failure. Trump is lucky that he inherited one of the longest periods of expansion in history. that's another fact.

Makes one wonder what the Democratic Congress was doing as they controlled the legislative process and purse strings from January 2007 to 2009?

Makes one wonder what the Democratic Congress was doing as they controlled the legislative process and purse strings from January 2007 to 2009?

it would take Trump levels of ineptitude to collapse an economy that quickly.

Most things I post are fact driven and I include the link none of which is of interest to you as you are married to an ideology and totally out of touch with reality even in your own state as it is easy for you to turn a blind eye to the actual problems in your state, the worst in the nation.

Not, I'm not going to even waste my time with your BS. But, I will, one more frickin' time.

I live in California, and I've lived in many states, Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois, and New York.

California is the best, so far. Every state has problems, so what else is new?

There are 39 million people who CHOOSE to live here. MORE than any other state.

There are more homeless here, yes, BECAUSE they choose to come here because it is BETTER here for them than anywhere than anywhere else.

There are more poor here, yes, because they choose to live hear because it is BETTER for them here than anywhere else.

There are more Rich people here, there is more of EVERYTHING here because it is BETTER here than anywhere else.

California is the 5th largest economy IN THE WORLD, and you are CLUELESS for not seeing the wisdom of my words here.

The weather is the best, our shorelines are world class, our parks are world class, everything about CA is world class.

There are more destination weddings held in CA than in any other state.

I deal with a lot of out of state people in my profession, and RARELY does anyone complain about our state when they visit. I get nothing but ENVY from them.

And I'll end on this note:

The GOP is a scam operation, and we will cream you guys in November. Trump is a despicable human being, and a criminal. As president, he's a CLOWN.

Last edited:
It’s the interweb, I can be whatever I want........

You watching this latest presser? ‘Spain this, Lucy..............

Define your definition of standing in the world? Being liked, I don't give a damn, we were liked during the Obama term and that was an economic and foreign policy disaster including the loss of an Ambassador. Power breeds respect especially from leaders in the world who only understands power. Reagan got it and so does Trump. Trump tells it like it is, you don't like it, stick to the economic disaster known as California

I don't see a lot of people migrating to those countries you believe don't like us.

Within weeks of Trump we lost a soldier and civilian lives on a failed mission in Yemen that he called, and the way he did it he missed some important steps of protocol before reaching the decision, which Obama, though not perfect, as no one is, would not have done.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/how-trump-team-s-first-military-raid-went-wrong-n806246

Under the Obama administration, sources say, a mission of this sort would have been discussed and approved at multiple levels subordinate to the principals before being briefed inside the secure White House Situation Room.

And

Flynn said that capturing or killing al-Rimi would distinguish the president from Obama right out of the box, the sources said. Trump would be a risk taker where Obama was a hesitant and endless deliberator, Flynn said. And the president would be honor the Gulf allies who were operating in Yemen. Multiple sources say that Flynn labeled the first week raid a "game changer."

Flynn apparently figured out early that it's easy to get a narcissist president to approve of a mission if you appeal to his bloated ego, rather than the lives of those who have do actually do the fighting.

What did Trump say after the loss of life in the Yemen raid?

"Well this was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something that was, you know, just, they wanted to do," Trump said.

That was a lie. Moreover...

These are not the words of a world class leader, these are the words of a world class chump. With Trump, the buck never stops here, it stops over there somewhere, anywhere BUT HERE.

I don't see you bellyaching about that.

Under Bush:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...benghazi-were-there-13-attacks-embassies-and/
"During the George W. Bush period, there were 13 attacks on various embassies and consulates around the world. Sixty people died."

I don't see you bellyaching about that.

Very few nations respect Trump. Perhaps Israel is one of the few.

I guarantee to Putin Trump is not respected. To Putin, Trump is a 'useful idiot.'

Last edited:
well thank you for the correction still doesn't answer the question, the 17th largest in the world and we are number 1 so you are 17 places lower. I do feel like a fool with the mistake and my apology. What exactly does this have to do with the issue raised and the fact that your location says Netherlands?

Isn't that 16 places lower? Aah who cares. The US has (coming up to) 329 million people, the Netherlands has 17 million and a bit, that is 19 times less people than the US has. We also have virtually no natural resources. We are a trading country.

And it has nothing to do with the Netherlands, but I have been following US politics since over 32 years, been heavily involved with discussions with and about the US and US related issues (like Natalee Holloway/Schiavo and many other things), have been reading US media and watching US news shows for year and years. I love politics, both Dutch, UK, American and German politics.

I like the US even if I do not like the current president. My best friend on earth lives in the US (is American, ROLL TIDE, I cannot mention her without stating that LOL).

As said I do not dislike any other poster (almost none at least) and I do not "hate" Trump. I just disagree with him and his personality, I did not even like his TV show (and I am a US television show addict, cannot say it any other way), I preferred Lord Sugar who is a real self made billionaire. Sure he is not as rich as Trump but he started with a small loan from his grandmother while trading from a council flat in Hackney.

I just do not like how Trump treats people. Like John McCain and many others. I may not have liked Bush Jr.'s politics but I respected him much more than I respect Trump.

I am not used to these kinds of politics and I am horrified at how a lot of US politicians now are saying the exact opposite when they were talking before Trump.

Back
Top Bottom