• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump claims credit for Shell plant announced under Obama

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From Associated Press

MONACA, Pa. (AP) — President Donald Trump sought to take credit Tuesday for a major manufacturing complex in western Pennsylvania in his latest effort to reinvigorate the Rust Belt support that sent him to the White House. He was cheered on by fluorescent-vest-clad workers who were paid to attend by Shell, their employer, which is building the facility.

Despite Trump’s claims, Shell announced its plans to build the complex in 2012, midway through President Barack Obama’s term in the White House.

The event was billed as an official White House event, but Trump turned much of it into a campaign-style rally, boasting of achievements he claims as president and assailing his would-be Democratic rivals for the 2020 election.

“I don’t think they give a damn about Western Pennsylvania, do you?” he prodded the crowd.

COMMENT:-

Typical?

Well, OK "Typical except for the acknowledgement that the crowd was bought and paid for."?

So he "sought" to take credit.. LOL

Why is it seemingly so difficult these days for the media to just write the story without editorializing it?

Tim-

Why is it seemingly so difficult these days for the media to just write the story without editorializing it?

Tim-

This is the AP. Just a FYI.

Tim-

Trump said this: "As for the new complex, he declared, “This would have never happened without me and us.”

Seems like a straightforward and accurate, factual characterization of the comment.

Tim-

He sought because it was about the eightieth time he tried the tired lie.

Trump said this: "As for the new complex, he declared, “This would have never happened without me and us.”

Seems like a straightforward and accurate, factual characterization of the comment.

He meant he didn't rescind an Obama decision just because?

Tim-

Correct, he didn't seek to take credit. He took it. Here is the quote, "This would have never happened without me and us." I suppose he could have meant Obama by using "us," but I doubt it.

Gotta hand it to the guy. He is a combo of P.T. Barnum ("There's a sucker born every minute.") and Prof. Howard Hill of "The Music Man." He will go into the Flim-flam Hall of Fame, if he doesn't have a plaque there already honoring him for Trump U and the Trump Foundation.

Correct, he didn't seek to take credit. He took it. Here is the quote, "This would have never happened without me and us." I suppose he could have meant Obama by using "us," but I doubt it.

Gotta hand it to the guy. He is a combo of P.T. Barnum ("There's a sucker born every minute.") and Prof. Howard Hill of "The Music Man." He will go into the Flim-flam Hall of Fame, if he doesn't have a plaque there already honoring him for Trump U and the Trump Foundation.

But he's right; it wouldn't have happened under Obama, and in fact didn't. Obama took great thrills in closing factories, Trump, not so much! ;)

Tim-

If we tell him that the plant was announced under Obama, I wonder if he'll try to use his magic presidential powers to shut it down.

If we tell him that the plant was announced under Obama, I wonder if he'll try to use his magic presidential powers to shut it down.

Imagine if he knew that Shell is foreign company

But he's right; it wouldn't have happened under Obama, and in fact didn't. Obama took great thrills in closing factories, Trump, not so much! ;)

Tim-

Hello? Shell announced plans to build the complex in 2012.

Tim-

He lied and you are apparently powerless to stop yourself from lying on his behalf.

Disgusting. But that's the point isn't it?

Tim-

If you had read the article's headline says:

;)

Tim-

How the **** else do you interpret
As for the new complex, he declared, “This would have never happened without me and us.”

Tim-

Yeah, he tried lying about it. That's factually what happened.

Whether the poorly educated that Trump loves so much will buy it is another matter. Surely even their gullibility has limits? Although admittedly we haven't seen them yet.

AP is one of the least biased media there is.

Considering the state of the rest of the media, that's not saying much. It's like saying AP is just left, instead of nutjob left.

Considering the state of the rest of the media, that's not saying much. It's like saying AP is just left, instead of nutjob left.

AP Bias.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you.

Remember all the cons calling Obama the campaigner in Chief? I wonder what they now think about Trump stealing tax payer money by turning every official event into a campaign rally?

Tim-

What editorial?

From Associated Press

MONACA, Pa. (AP) — President Donald Trump sought to take credit Tuesday for a major manufacturing complex in western Pennsylvania in his latest effort to reinvigorate the Rust Belt support that sent him to the White House. He was cheered on by fluorescent-vest-clad workers who were paid to attend by Shell, their employer, which is building the facility.

Despite Trump’s claims, Shell announced its plans to build the complex in 2012, midway through President Barack Obama’s term in the White House.

The event was billed as an official White House event, but Trump turned much of it into a campaign-style rally, boasting of achievements he claims as president and assailing his would-be Democratic rivals for the 2020 election.

“I don’t think they give a damn about Western Pennsylvania, do you?” he prodded the crowd.

COMMENT:-

Typical?

Well, OK "Typical except for the acknowledgement that the crowd was bought and paid for."?

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see in that article any mention of when construction actually started. What that means is this: So what if the plant was announced in 2012? If it took six or seven years for them to actually start construction, then Obama doesn't deserve any credit. Trump does.

Of course it is.

Tumpets have become apologists for their orange pig.

Back
Top Bottom