• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump budget: $800 billion in Medicaid cuts

Why? Explain to us first that it pertains to the OP, unless you are proving that you are partisan.

Trump has proposed a reduction in the budget, you seem to have a problem with that and believe it will increase the debt but ignore that projections regarding Obama were incorrect as he added much more debt than the CBO projected yet Trump spending less money increases the debt? Is that liberal logic?

You do know that I have a degree in accounting and hold a CPA... but this is not a discussion of accounting, its a discussion of social policy.

You fail to understand how things actually work. Not paying your medical bill in April means a bigger medical bill in Dec. Not paying medicaid does not eliminate the problem of the medical needs of our citizens. It will re-appear later in a far more expensive fashion. Swapping preventative care for the later burden of emergency room care will cost far more than what people think they are saving on medicaid, in much the way that failing to do routine service on your automobile will cost you a great deal more in major auto repair later.

But wait, you already know that...

You do realize that prior to the PPACA, the average family paid $1,000 per year to their private health insurance to cover the uninsured and an additional $2,000 in the from of tax burden.

BTW, maybe its the Christian in me, but I don't refer to other persons as "able bodied scum", it tells us a bit about you that is somewhat repulsive.

Progressive my ass ! Stop trying to tell working taxpayers we have to provide for every NEED of those the refuse to take responsibility for their own NEEDS ! Two less tats , buy that $40 pair of sneakers , forget the gold grill , use birth control !!!! :roll:

Reducing the budget is a good thing.

Trump has proposed a reduction in the budget, you seem to have a problem with that and believe it will increase the debt but ignore that projections regarding Obama were incorrect as he added much more debt than the CBO projected yet Trump spending less money increases the debt? Is that liberal logic?

However, a 800 billion Medicaid reduction with a budget that adds 9TRILLION$$$ is not the way to go.

You want Trump, Conservative, to be like Obama.

Reducing the budget is a good thing.

However, a 800 billion Medicaid reduction with a budget that adds 9TRILLION$$$ is not the way to go.

You want Trump, Conservative, to be like Obama.

so reducing Medicaid spending by 800 billion ADDS to the deficit? really? you don't seem to have a clue as to the role of the Federal, State, and Local Governments. For some reason you believe a govt. that has created a 20 trillion dollar debt on an 18 trillion dollar economy is efficient enough to provide healthcare for 330 million people in 50 independent states. That is liberal logic and flawed

Answer your own questions, because the questions are easily answer.

The answer is obvious, this was AFTER the creation of the Constitution but ignored by the left who ignores the original intent of the Founders but what this does is create career politicians as they buy votes with their social spending on dependent people

Conservative believes that cutting 800BILLION$$$ from Medicaid on the way to a 9TRILLION$$$ deficit increase

(1) is a good thing,

(2) and demonstrates above he does not understand how the Constitution works,

(3) and wants Trump to be like Obama.

The Senate is not going to let Medicaid be cut, but will mandate that it be increased over the next ten years; and it will greatly morph the AHCA-ACA bill into something the American electorate will accept so that the GOP does not blown out of the water in next year's elections.

And when exactly was that added to the Constitution? Was that our Founders intent?

Is this a serious question?

This is the taxing and spending clause, the very first enumerated power of Congress in the Constitution. This language has been there since the beginning of the Republic.

Why is it that it's often those who've obviously never even looked at the Constitution who feel the most qualified to lecture the rest of us on it?

Is this a serious question?

This is the taxing and spending clause, the very first enumerated power of Congress in the Constitution. This language has been there since the beginning of the Republic.

Why is it that it's often those who've obviously never even looked at the Constitution who feel the most qualified to lecture the rest of us on it?

Very serious question, our Founders are turning over in their grave seeing how people like you are promoting this massive central govt. and its 20 trillion dollar debt. your one size fits all program probably worked well when you had the original 13 colonies as states but not with 50 states, 50 state legislatures, and 50 different costs of livings. What you don't seem to grasp as a bureaucrat in DC has no business taking care of the people in the states or trying to, We have a 20 trillion dollar debt due mostly them trying to run social programs. When someone is uninsured in a state, who pays for that expense, the citizens of the states or the federal taxpayers? Please think with the brain you have and not solely with your heart.

Your problem continues to be that you believe this is the federal taxpayer responsibility and not the state and local governments. One size fits all appeals to people who don't understand cost of living in the various states nor the true issue regarding Medicaid which is a federal mandate and use of federal tax money for state and local problems.

Its not my "problem", its my position. I do not subscribe to the notion that America is 50 independent countries loosely connected. Its a cute way of thinking, but rather impractical. Somethings require the federal government to step in, as states don't always do the job.

I hope LIKE HELL everyone that voted for this POS snake turd Trump gets what they deserve for being sooooooooooooo stupid; SS stripped to nothing, Medicare stripped to nothing, Medicaid stripped to nothing.

Maybe after that those dumbass idiots will learn ...............................

I honestly do not think he lies.

I think he just says AND BELIEVES WHATEVER sounds good to him at that moment.

I don't think he gives it a second thought after he says it until someone brings it up again. And he just says whatever he thinks is good at that time.

That is, IMO, why he has flip flopped such a staggering mount over the last few years on almost everything.

I don't think he is consciously lying...I think he is just living in the moment.

He is like an 8 year old...and not a terribly gifted 8 year old either. His thoughts change with the wind. He loves money and women and nice things and his family (to a point) and golf and he LOVES ATTENTION...and that seems to be about it.

Its not my "problem", its my position. I do not subscribe to the notion that America is 50 independent countries loosely connected. Its a cute way of thinking, but rather impractical. Somethings require the federal government to step in, as states don't always do the job.

Yes, it is your problem because you never took civics, we are 50 independent states and healthcare is a state responsibility since the people of your state fund the uninsured in your state. The federal taxpayers have no business funding your healthcare. If the states don't do their job you vote those people out of office, why do you expect a Federal bureaucrat to do what you cannot do?

I agree. CNN is a lying snake. The proposed budget actually increases Medicaid spending on the base line. It just just doesn't increase it as much as the base line predictions put spending 10 years from now. In other words it isn't a cut. It uses a base line that is less than democrats want.

Oh for ****'s sake. He is cutting 800 billion form Medicaid. He's gutting the expansion. Hell in 10 years inflation alone requires an increase of 33% give or take. Stop being disingenuous.

Work is a fairy tale to snowflakes , is it that dark in your mom's basement ? :lol:

I was referring to your little book. The one you carry around trying to get people to but into its fantasies. Carry on.

Oh for ****'s sake. He is cutting 800 billion form Medicaid. He's gutting the expansion. Hell in 10 years inflation alone requires an increase of 33% give or take. Stop being disingenuous.

Stop guessing and being inaccurate. There is no cut.

Bull****. Jesus, are you really that badly informed? Reducing Future Spending is cutting costs. To suggest otherwise is typical Trumpanzee talk. The facts are not supporting your argument.

Yes reducing future spending is cutting costs. But the proposed budget doesn't reduce future spending. It simply increases it less than you would like. I don't know how else to get this simple concept across to you. Sorry. There really does need to be serious spending reduction everywhere in federal government to stop the red ink and crazy debt levels.

Back
Top Bottom