• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling | The Seattle Times

Someone please take hiw Twitter away.

His vindictiveness is that of a 9 year old. Neener, neener, neener. Act like a President for crying out loud. What is going to happen when other countries call him out?

IMO, this is the kind of distraction he likes to front when trying to divert attention away from garbage he's pulling like Jeff Beauregard Sessions getting screened for the AG job.

Last edited:
No they weren't. Please debunk them here if you can.

That was yesterday's trump deflection.

Today we're focused on the racist who'll become the AG face of his admin .

Get all of your vitriol on Sessions in today, then. Tillerson is on deck tomorrow. That'll mean a whole new round of new and somewhat different vitriol. If you need help, I'll be glad to offer some new terms and a whole batch of character assassinations, ethics complaints, and crony capitalist associations. We'll fry his ass right here on DP.

Get all of your vitriol on Sessions in today, then. Tillerson is on deck tomorrow. That'll mean a whole new round of new and somewhat different vitriol. If you need help, I'll be glad to offer some new terms and a whole batch of character assassinations, ethics complaints, and crony capitalist associations. We'll fry his ass right here on DP.

Thanks for that tds, humbolt .

Meanwhile, Odumbo can't leave office without running his own mouth.

What did Odumbo say wrong today, RetiredUSN?

Is he still allowed to speak as President?

Imo, the House and Senate should start when the new POTUS does.

Especially since trump has been meddling in foreign affairs with no intelligence and his GOPrussian posters have been giving him credit for something he doesn't deserve yet, the economy .

Thanks for that tds, humbolt .

You're welcome. If you ever need anymore totally dissolved salts, just let me know. I want you to remain salty. You wouldn't be you without it.

Your surrender is accepted.

Yep, eight men seen cheering is pretty darn close to thousands - but where is that video news footage that Trump remembers so clearly?

Being wrong about a number is not the same as lying.

Streep is overrated so trump merely pointed out the obvious

Trump supporters are embarrassing themselves. Knee-jerk reactions are his forte and his minions parrot him without so much as thinking through what they are saying.

Never mind he himself called her excellent in 2015.

.Trump once called Meryl Streep ?excellent? and a ?fine person' - NY Daily News

. She has won 157 awards, runner-up 17 times and has been nominated 409 times.

Suggesting she is overrated is what one could predict from the Cheeto once she dared express her opinion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Meryl_Streep

disagree. he clearly did not mimic someone whose hand is paralyzed like that of the claw of a mantis

No, he quite clearly did.

It is funny you side with the perpetual liar who claimed to not even know the reporter had a disability. We know the two knew each other well. If he was not trying to mock his disability then he would have no reason to lie about that.

No, he quite clearly did.

It is funny you side with the perpetual liar who claimed to not even know the reporter had a disability. We know the two knew each other well. If he was not trying to mock his disability then he would have no reason to lie about that.

you are not being honest again. There is no evidence they knew each other well at the time. what evidence do you have.

Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling | The Seattle Times

Someone please take hiw Twitter away.

His vindictiveness is that of a 9 year old. Neener, neener, neener. Act like a President for crying out loud. What is going to happen when other countries call him out?

Golden Globes should be Golden Globes, not political events. I'm so sick of celebrities attacking others for their views and then expecting others not to attack them. If Meryl Streep doesn't want to be attacked for expressing her views then she should just stand up at the Golden Globes and thank her family and coworkers and go sit down. The voting public is getting tired of celebrities telling us who we should vote for.

It is going to be a loooong 4 years for diehard Trump supporters. I voted for Obama in 2008. Maybe the first couple things he did I didn't approve of I tried to rationalize away. But I quickly realized it was a lost cause and just started calling him on his ****. Trump isn't even in office yet and his supporters are having to perform amazing feats of mental gymnastics to defend Trump. I hate to break it to you folks, but Trump is only going to make it harder for you as the days go by.

I get that you prefer him to Hillary. That doesn't mean you have to defend him no matter what. That makes you no better than Al Sharpton when he said he would never criticize Obama.

It's going to be a loooong 4 years for the D's.

That makes absolutely no sense. Are you saying that anyone who makes untruthful statements should be mocked as if they had a physical disability and that Trump doing so was merely a coincidence? Man! You really have to do some mental gymnastics to convince yourself with that type of pseudo logic.

Are you kidding me? Trump has been relentlessly mocked for making statements!

IMO, nothing fundamentally wrong with Streep using her platform to make political comments. If anything, celebrities showing that they care about politics reduces their image of being shallow and self-absorbed and instead shows them to be involved citizens and should encourage the rest of us to do the same.

However, if Streep is going to put herself out there like that, it's expected and fair for people to respond as they see fit, including criticism from the person she targeted, namely Trump.

He's pretending that they are "retarded" to mock them for being stupid. Sorry...but I don't have to "dehumanize" Trump, he does a great job at that himself with his bullying behavior, childish name calling and taunts and his thin-skinned responses to any criticism.

He's showing them as out of control just as much as he is showing them as being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom