• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump battles Meryl Streep with tweets as Cabinet picks prepare for grilling

Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
The fact that his retard impression was already well established does not change the fact that he imitated the reporter.
.............................................................................................................................................................

Have you seen the reporter in question? I have seen videos of him and he has none of the mannerisms that Trump used to mock him. Trump mocked him for his backpedalling on his own news report after 911.

the lines from the Trump haters have changed. The ads the Clintonistas put out clearly tried to say Trump was mocking the DISABILITY and that Trump mocks DISABLED PEOPLE DUE TO THEIR handicaps (remember that whining mother of an autistic kid and that even more sniveling teenager who had cancer once?)

Now we are getting them to finesse the attack by claiming "He mocked a disabled reporter" and hoping the slow witted or the low information types think it was DUE to the disability when it clearly wasn't

I'm arguing that Trump imitated the reporter. That was the situation Meryl Streep described and it was an accurate description of the recorded video.

Now, if that simple argument led you to the incoherent diatribe and incessant whining quoted above, perhaps you should follow your own advice and "get over your butt hurt."

Oh, and why did Meryl Streep get all tied up in a knot over that moment? Was it because the money she spent on her hairdo for that night could have paid the guy's disability benefits for a year?

Bah, the hypocritical rich Hollywood bigwigs, pretending to have sympathy for those whose lifestyles they have no idea about.
Putting on airs because they know it benefits their own popularity and careers. Populism is their bread-and-butter, and everyone knows it - they're expressing sympathy for "the little people" because they know it's profitable for themselves.

Oh, and why did Meryl Streep get all tied up in a knot over that moment? Was it because the money she spent on her hairdo for that night could have paid the guy's disability benefits for a year?

Bah, the hypocritical rich Hollywood bigwigs, pretending to have sympathy for those whose lifestyles they have no idea about.
Putting on airs because they know it benefits their own popularity and careers. Populism is their bread-and-butter, and everyone knows it - they're expressing sympathy for "the little people" because they know it's profitable for themselves.

She has money so she can't care about other people? Is that your argument?

So he likes to imitate people, to mock and demean them with his impressions. And he did it to this reporter, as well as two other people. It sounds like you agree with what Meryl Streep described.

Know what? If you kick a bear don't be surprised when he bites. Mock? Yes. Demean? Bit of a stretch. The kind of emotional crybaby crap Streep was describing in a venue to a captive audience in which she tossed away the prestige and honor she received? Definitely not. She wanted a way to do it that created the most drama. Surprise, the bear bit back.

She has money so she can't care about other people? Is that your argument?

She's more interested in making a statement about herself than in caring about others. The caring is just an exercise in public posturing.

I'm arguing that Trump imitated the reporter. That was the situation Meryl Streep described and it was an accurate description of the recorded video.

Now, if that simple argument led you to the incoherent diatribe and incessant whining quoted above, perhaps you should follow your own advice and "get over your butt hurt."

Like all celebrities, Streep is a hypocrite.

Know what? If you kick a bear don't be surprised when he bites. Mock? Yes. Demean? Bit of a stretch. The kind of emotional crybaby crap Streep was describing in a venue to a captive audience in which she tossed away the prestige and honor she received? Definitely not. She wanted a way to do it that created the most drama. Surprise, the bear bit back.

Demean is not a stretch. It was clearly an ad hominem attack that was cheered on by his worshippers.

You are wildly mischaracterizing both sides. Meryl Strep was a crybaby, but Trump was a bear. Lol!! They were both complaining. The difference is that Meryl Steep was complaining about something Trump did that was actually bad, while Trump was complaining about being criticized.

She's more interested in making a statement about herself than in caring about others. The caring is just an exercise in public posturing.

You're free to speculate motives to form negative opinion of whoever you like, but nobody else is obligated to take such speculation seriously, especially when it is so egregiously incongruent with established facts.

Demean is not a stretch. It was clearly an ad hominem attack that was cheered on by his worshippers.

You are wildly mischaracterizing both sides. Meryl Strep was a crybaby, but Trump was a bear. Lol!! They were both complaining. The difference is that Meryl Steep was complaining about something Trump did that was actually bad, while Trump was complaining about being criticized.

"Worshippers". Do I now get to wildly attack you?

Streep was mischaracterizing the issue and using a captive audience to do so. Trump was using twitter where people only listen to your opinions by choice. If Streep wants to offer her opinion in an open arena she can do so, this wasn't it.

"Worshippers". Do I now get to wildly attack you?

Streep was mischaracterizing the issue and using a captive audience to do so. Trump was using twitter where people only listen to your opinions by choice. If Streep wants to offer her opinion in an open arena she can do so, this wasn't it.

Wildly attack? Sorry, i have a negative opinion about those people who CHEERED at Trump, on the stage as a major presidential candidate, doing a retard impression.

How did Streep mischaracterize the issue? She was affected by the performance where he imitated the disabled reporter. Who are you to claim that her emotions are invalid?

Wildly attack? Sorry, i have a negative opinion about those people who CHEERED at Trump, on the stage as a major presidential candidate, doing a retard impression.

How did Streep mischaracterize the issue? She was affected by the performance where he imitated the disabled reporter. Who are you to claim that her emotions are invalid?

Number one, the reporter in question isn't a "retard", which is a demeaning appellation to be using. Something which you denied earlier in the thread, good job.
Number two, you don't seem to be quite as mad about this as you are using it for political advantage so check the outrage at the door, you are abusing it.
Number three, no one cares what Streep thinks about politics unless she cares to enter the political arena and be voted for or against her principles.
Number four, captive audience, at least have the ethics to offer your opinions to people that can choose whether or not to listen. The principle difference between twitter and an awards speech.
Number five, I know you don't get it but calling someone a worshipper of another human being is exceedingly insulting.
Number six, you have been told over and over how it was mischaracterized, you have chosen to ignore it.

You have been wrong about this over and over and in a multitude of ways. Keep digging.

Number one, the reporter in question isn't a "retard", which is a demeaning appellation to be using. Something which you denied earlier in the thread, good job.
Number two, you don't seem to be quite as mad about this as you are using it for political advantage so check the outrage at the door, you are abusing it.
Number three, no one cares what Streep thinks about politics unless she cares to enter the political arena and be voted for or against her principles.
Number four, captive audience, at least have the ethics to offer your opinions to people that can choose whether or not to listen. The principle difference between twitter and an awards speech.
Number five, I know you don't get it but calling someone a worshipper of another human being is exceedingly insulting.
Number six, you have been told over and over how it was mischaracterized, you have chosen to ignore it.

You have been wrong about this over and over and in a multitude of ways. Keep digging.

1) i didn't say that the reporter was a retard. I said that Trump was doing his retard impression. Your claim is that Trump was not mocking his disability because he has done a similar impression before. I'm calling that his "retard" impression. It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous for you to make excuses for Trump using his retard impression to smear a disabled reporter and then feign indignation over the use of the word "retard".

2) why would i be mad? I am explaining that Meryl Streep's description of events was accurate. Trump did, indeed, imitate the reporter.

3) everybody keeps repeating that. If they really believed that "no one cares what Streep thinks" then they wouldn't have to say anything. They certainly wouldn't have to resort to lies to smear Streep inappropriately.

4) their awards speech is at the whim of themselves and the awarding body. The right wing cannot force everyone else to conform all speech to their arbitrary, partisan, and dishonest rules. Random people, not involved, are POWERLESS. That's what freedom of speech is.

5) when logic is convoluted beyond all reason, that convolution requires faith which i am accurately describing as "worship." If they don't want to be accused of worship, they should apply reasoning as opposed to obedience. Applauding the mockery of a disabled reporter qualifies.

6) what?

1) i didn't say that the reporter was a retard. I said that Trump was doing his retard impression. Your claim is that Trump was not mocking his disability because he has done a similar impression before. I'm calling that his "retard" impression. It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous for you to make excuses for Trump using his retard impression to smear a disabled reporter and then feign indignation over the use of the word "retard".

You don't logic well. If he was doing an impression of a retard and he was doing an impression of the reporter, well, maybe you don't understand the words you are typing very well.

2) why would i be mad? I am explaining that Meryl Streep's description of events was accurate. Trump did, indeed, imitate the reporter.

You certainly gave the impression of being mad earlier, your outrage is fake.

3) everybody keeps repeating that. If they really believed that "no one cares what Streep thinks" then they wouldn't have to say anything. They certainly wouldn't have to resort to lies to smear Streep inappropriately.

Its the forum she chose. I am not lying about her. I am not smearing her. Not very good at this logic thing, again.

4) their awards speech is at the whim of themselves and the awarding body. The right wing cannot force everyone else to conform all speech to their arbitrary, partisan, and dishonest rules. Random people, not involved, are POWERLESS. That's what freedom of speech is.

You are free to do a good many things, ethics consists not of the ability to do them but should you. Choosing an audience with no choice but to hear your content, in a non-political event, cheapens the award, the event and the speaker. Before you come back with but, Trump, do two wrongs make a right?

5) when logic is convoluted beyond all reason, that convolution requires faith which i am accurately describing as "worship." If they don't want to be accused of worship, they should apply reasoning as opposed to obedience. Applauding the mockery of a disabled reporter qualifies.

Do you see anything resembling worship? You again dive for the cover of identity politics. He mocked two other people in the same fashion. Being disabled does not disqualify someone from being attacked. If you chose to enter the political arena and attack others, be prepared to be attacked in return.

You have been given evidence that the mockery was similar to other incidents in which the people were not disabled in any way. You have chosen to ignore them over and over. To single out the one incident without considering the content of the other two is to ignore exculpatory evidence. Again, denial of logic is on your end. How many false arguments are you going to make?

Trump is doing the has-been airhead a favor by pointing out that she is over the hill

This may jump start her career and get her some work in Hollywood

Post #535 has some problems.

1.) Isham DNA does conservation of the honey badger in South Africa.

2.) Isham DNA links to the Clinton mafia at 8702 & 8718 Douglas Rd., Temperance, Michigan.

3.) Isham DNA is CIA employee DNA.

The many pathetic cry babies in Hollywood ought to learn from Nicole Kidman.

Of course, she got blasted for it.

Even for those who agree with Trump's notion that she is overrated should be concerned by Trump's behavior. This is a man who will take over the most powerful military in the world in less than a week. This is not the type of behavior that will be able to solve our problems with Assad, Russia, and China.

We need a leader, not a 9-year-old.

Even for those who agree with Trump's notion that she is overrated should be concerned by Trump's behavior. This is a man who will take over the most powerful military in the world in less than a week. This is not the type of behavior that will be able to solve our problems with Assad, Russia, and China.

We need a leader, not a 9-year-old.

There is nothing wrong with standing up for himself

Streep is an airhead

They'll do something about inner cities!

I'm beginning to doubt whether we can avoid bloodshed between trumpsters and the rabid anti trumpsters for 4 years or not

God what a petty little human being Trump is. His ego is fragile enough to be rattled by a Hollywood star? LOL, this was not a problem under Obama!

I'm beginning to doubt whether we can avoid bloodshed between trumpsters and the rabid anti trumpsters for 4 years or not

I seriously hope you don't mean that to claim that both sides are the same. Because such a sentiment is so far distorted from reality that it isn't even funny.

There is nothing wrong with standing up for himself

Streep is an airhead

But this wasn't just 'standing up for himself.'
This was an over-the-top personal attack by a man about to be sworn in as president.

Back
Top Bottom